The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #21
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,179
I'm unsure how I feel about Traag, while the turtles fighting a giant rock monster sounds awesome, I'll miss having rock soldiers. They were seldomly used in the OT, and It'd have been nice to see them used to their full potential in this series.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:50 PM   #22
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
It would be fun to see the basic rock soldiers as Traag's henchmen. Like he is the deity or leader.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #23
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,789
I wonder why they're still calling him "General Traag" instead of just, "Traag."

That might mean he still has an army. Otherwise what the hell is he a general of?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:10 AM   #24
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
What about Granitor?
He was an unnamed character who appeared in one episode. I doubt they would use him.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:49 AM   #25
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
i think General Traag with his guns r way cooler... i dont buy the lava monster thing...
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #26
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I like that they are changing things up with some characters. That instead of being a carbon copy of things that have happened before. Giving some of these generic characters a makeover is great. I mean honestly he didn't do much in the OT, and being muscle he has yet to do anything in IDW. This gives the character a purpose and hopefully a back story.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #27
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hob View Post
I like that they are changing things up with some characters. That instead of being a carbon copy of things that have happened before. Giving some of these generic characters a makeover is great. I mean honestly he didn't do much in the OT, and being muscle he has yet to do anything in IDW. This gives the character a purpose and hopefully a back story.
Nicely said, Old Hob. I have to agree, why would we want the exact same thing as the OT? 2k12 is giving the character a chance to actually do something this time around.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #28
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hob View Post
I like that they are changing things up with some characters. That instead of being a carbon copy of things that have happened before. Giving some of these generic characters a makeover is great. I mean honestly he didn't do much in the OT, and being muscle he has yet to do anything in IDW. This gives the character a purpose and hopefully a back story.
change is good but this kinda change is not good coz it changes too much n lost too much things frm the original work. n i dont think makeovers will do anything except making him look goof. n i think muscle is welcomed by the majority of the viewers. point delivered.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:07 AM   #29
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hob View Post
I like that they are changing things up with some characters. That instead of being a carbon copy of things that have happened before. Giving some of these generic characters a makeover is great. I mean honestly he didn't do much in the OT, and being muscle he has yet to do anything in IDW. This gives the character a purpose and hopefully a back story.
Well said, dude.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #30
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
thanks for the links
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #31
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
why cant they give him lava guns instead?
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #32
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,471
thank you allio!I just came down to see if some nice fellow turtles fan has uploaded this in soem form I can see it
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #33
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I just wonder how they will do a figure of this kind? Will they go the Marvel Universe route and release a huge figure like the Sentinel or Glactus, or go with a build a figure like the Marvel Legends line.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,789
I can't imagine them fighting General Traag in New York, too many witnesses.

They probably have a Dimension X adventure.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #35
ninjafowlkes8705
Thug
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 53
i suggest it can be both like lava and rock
ninjafowlkes8705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:16 PM   #36
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
i suggest he can shoot lava thru his guns.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.