The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2012, 04:03 AM   #21
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
There's the Terror Bears

I'd love to see them appear in the new TMNT show
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:05 AM   #22
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
So, there was the comic, then there was the show, then there was the comic based on the show, then there was the movie trilogy, then a Japanese miniseries, then another show, then yet another show, then a comic based on that show, then another movie, and a movie based on two shows, and now there's a new comic and there's gonna be a new show and then a movie reboot.
You have a way with words, heh.

But yes there is a decent parallel.

Mirage Comics : Batman/Detective Comics
Fred Wolf Cartoon : Adam West Show
Archie Adventures Comics : Silver Age Batman Comics
Live Action Triology : First 3 Movies
Next Mutation : Batman & Robin (movie)
4kids Cartoon : Batman TAS
Fast Forward : Batman Beyond
Nickelodeon Cartoon : Brave & The Bold/Beware The Batman
IDW Comics : New 52 Comics

It gets a little muddled beyond that, I guess the 07 movie could kinda be the equivalent to "The Batman". Still hoping Turtles can get a "Batman Begins" trilogy.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #23
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
Even more of a parallel between 2k3 and Batman: TAS. They were both individually used as the basis and primary example for animation textbooks. They're both extremely respected within the medium, it seems.

The difference beween Fast Forward and Batman Beyond is that Beyond totally worked, beyond all reasoning. Just by its pemise, it doesn't sound like anything special, but man, was that a well done show.

Now, we just need a TMNT equivalent to DC's recent animated movies, like Under the Red Hood.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:57 AM   #24
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
Yogi bear is awesome. why the movie sucks so much?
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #25
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Now, we just need a TMNT equivalent to DC's recent animated movies, like Under the Red Hood.
I completely agree with this. I'd love to see that happen. Question is how likely Viacom is to make that happen.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:28 AM   #26
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
yeah that d be great Under the Red Hood is awesome!
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:19 AM   #27
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
While I totally agree, I thought this parallel had been evident for years.

Anyway, yeah, it's part of why I'm kind of welcoming the 1987-inspired take the Nick show seems to have. I'm ready for that version of Turtles to come back for a little while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis
Now, we just need a TMNT equivalent to DC's recent animated movies, like Under the Red Hood.
Actually, I'd say the first thing we need would be a high-profile, audience-pleasing version of the "darker" Turtles. That's probably the biggest difference between the two franchises. As fans, we've seen the ebb and flow, but nothing other than a silly TMNT has ever really been promoted; we've never had our Tim Burton movie. (A new movie and the greater availability of Mirage and IDW trades are a step in the right direction though, finally.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis
Even more of a parallel between 2k3 and Batman: TAS. They were both individually used as the basis and primary example for animation textbooks. They're both extremely respected within the medium, it seems.
Also, wait, what? Like, actual textbooks?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #28
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
^how can u be both dark n high profile?
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:49 PM   #29
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Turtle View Post
^how can u be both dark n high profile?
Batman Begins is dark and high profile. Hell, compared to the 1960s TV show, Tim Burton's Batman was dark and high profile. High profile meaning widely marketed, widely seen and widely respected in its time.

I think the way to pull that off with TMNT is probably to make a movie that takes more or less the tone of the Mirage comics, and introduces the Technodrome, Bebop, Rocksteady and Krang. That way, the general public will get the elements they expect, in a context that introduces to them the tone of the original comic. I've heard lots of people say of the first movie "yeah, it was cool, but I wanted to see the Technodrome". So I'd say the smartest thing is to deliver that chocolate, with a nice creamy center of emotional realism and well done violence.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #30
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
is he? but he is very low profile most of the time.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #31
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Turtle View Post
is he? but he is very low profile most of the time.
High profile project, not high profile character. Are you trolling, or is this a reading comprehension thing?
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #32
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
was that u who said "high profile dark turtles"?
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #33
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Turtle View Post
was that u who said "high profile dark turtles"?
No, but I understood what it meant. The turtles wouldn't be high profile, but they would be in a high profile movie.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #34
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
can i freak out now?
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #35
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Turtle View Post
can i freak out now?
If you'd like.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:16 PM   #36
Xav
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
The attempted rape of Tang Shen?
It seemed like Nagi was trying to kill her not rape her.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #37
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant
 
shezcrafti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The East warehouse over at Lairdman island.
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph_tha_Dude View Post
I mean I didn't just say ALL FOUR OF THE TURTLES seemed to have a bit of a crush on April. So, no, not Raph.
I disagree. I think especially Raph had a crush on April.
__________________
Shellebrating 25+ Years of TMNT History [Infographic]



All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:45 PM   #38
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezcrafti View Post
I disagree. I think especially Raph had a crush on April.
He did. I just had to be a smartass for someone.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:17 AM   #39
Vincent
Hench Mutant
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
It seemed like Nagi was trying to kill her not rape her.
The way I remember it, that was after she refused him. I might be misremembering, it has been a while.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHorFa22x3Q
Hey, if Vanilla Ice and Partners in Kryme can do it, so can I.
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #40
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher
Also, wait, what? Like, actual textbooks?
Yep, actual college books used as animators' curriculum in the Art Institutes. I don't know the titles to either of them (I'm a video photographer, not an animator), but each book used one of the respective cartoons as reference throughout the entire thing.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fred wolf series, mirage


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.