The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #21
Tomoshibi Amatsu
Hench Mutant
 
Tomoshibi Amatsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvaina
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Bean View Post
Mike was onlt the party dude in the 80 cartoon. In all other versions he is pushed as this jokster or baby brother stereotype. Every version tends to make him younger and younger. This version has freckles for Petes sake.

Also you are not "unlikable." Fight for your right to defend 4kids Mikey even if other think he's awful.
Well I'm not sure why he's the putz. I'm still gonna guess party dude though.

I don't know. I just feel like I'm not very well liked here. I could be wrong since it's just the air of threads that makes me feel that way but maybe my personality is a part of it.
__________________
Tomoshibi Amatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:29 PM   #22
Jelly Bean
Stone Warrior
 
Jelly Bean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: in front of the computer
Posts: 974
theres nothing wrong with your personality.
__________________
Quote:
it's pretty stupid that any company that specializes in serving up hot meat - specifically "Hot C*ck Meat" (Chickens? "C*cks"? Get it?) - in between a set of warm buns would have an anti-gay agenda. The irony is palpable.
-Leo656

--------

Jelly Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:23 AM   #23
Tomoshibi Amatsu
Hench Mutant
 
Tomoshibi Amatsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvaina
Posts: 275
glad to know that ^^
__________________
Tomoshibi Amatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:32 AM   #24
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlueTurtle1 View Post
LOL, that made me LOL about Spike`s lettuce, but it`s so true!
Pretty funny when the pet eats better
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #25
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant
 
shezcrafti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The East warehouse over at Lairdman island.
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmetry View Post
Its possible that Splinter simply kept the turtles on the diet outlined by the pet shop owner. Have we actually seen splinter eat worms and algae?
I like that explanation.

Food for thought: If you had a pet dog who suddenly mutated, would you still feed him dog food out of habit & because it's all he's ever known? In Splinter's case, maybe it was just easier to keep feeding the Turtles what they were already used to, versus having to go out and scavenge for food. I don't think we've seen what Splinter typically eats yet.
__________________
Shellebrating 25+ Years of TMNT History [Infographic]



All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #26
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySiegel View Post
are we gonna nitpick or can these be looked at as inconsistencies?

Don't make us go Sheldon Cooper in here

__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:17 PM   #27
Tomoshibi Amatsu
Hench Mutant
 
Tomoshibi Amatsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvaina
Posts: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by shezcrafti View Post
I like that explanation.

Food for thought: If you had a pet dog who suddenly mutated, would you still feed him dog food out of habit & because it's all he's ever known? In Splinter's case, maybe it was just easier to keep feeding the Turtles what they were already used to, versus having to go out and scavenge for food. I don't think we've seen what Splinter typically eats yet.
Splinter eats out of the dumpsters of five star restaurants. Great dad in the making. XD
__________________
Tomoshibi Amatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:17 AM   #28
TurtleMaster4
Hench Mutant
 
TurtleMaster4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Some where in the Sewers of New York!
Posts: 390
Isn't it obvious, Ebay.
TurtleMaster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #29
rattrap109
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 28
one of 3 ways splinter brought it with him or went up to get or don put stuff together with junk that ended up in the sewers
rattrap109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #30
shinefra
Hench Mutant
 
shinefra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: México
Posts: 273
Lets face it, all of this its because of poor writting, how can someone not know about other food like Pizza and have TV and internet? Youd think the turtles never questioned Splinter about all this stuff in over 15 years?.

All of this could have fitted a little better in the old series, but still they had a TV then.

The new series may have good jokes, lovable characters but it kinda sucks in the plot department, that's why I still think the 2k3 is better at the moment.
shinefra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:17 PM   #31
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
They didn't have internet till April showed them, I'm sure. They just had a TV.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #32
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Maybe with the limited diet the Turtles have and the fact Splinter is Japanese and maybe doesn't like American Cuisine that they just didn't know what pizza was?

I guess the real question is could you shelter kids enough that they wouldn't know about such a staple of most people's diets??

Without knowing the TV situation (what channels they have, how Splinter monitors it I guess we will never completely know.)

I do think it would have served the plot slightly better of they would have had the guys surprised by more human things other then just pizza. Like I was bemused by the fact they all had skateboards this past episode.

I am thoroughly enjoying this show either way, but it's something to think about in discussions!
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #33
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
They never had pizza because Splinter could never get it for them. How is a 6 foot tall rat supposed to pick up a pie of pizza?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:29 PM   #34
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinefra View Post
Lets face it, all of this its because of poor writting, how can someone not know about other food like Pizza and have TV and internet? Youd think the turtles never questioned Splinter about all this stuff in over 15 years?.

All of this could have fitted a little better in the old series, but still they had a TV then.

The new series may have good jokes, lovable characters but it kinda sucks in the plot department, that's why I still think the 2k3 is better at the moment.
I'm not gonna say the show is poorly written. But I do think this is all because the crew just really wanting the show the turtles discover pizza.

And they're still getting pizza, somehow...

TRENCH COATS?!
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #35
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They never had pizza because Splinter could never get it for them. How is a 6 foot tall rat supposed to pick up a pie of pizza?
It's not so much that they never had pizza that is slightly baffling but the fact they have absolutely no clue what pizza is. I think had they just never tried it before that would have been a lot more understandable

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
I'm not gonna say the show is poorly written. But I do think this is all because the crew just really wanting the show the turtles discover pizza.

And they're still getting pizza, somehow...

TRENCH COATS?!
The funny thing is I am pretty certain every time we have seen them get it on screen so far they have just taken it from some poor baffled delivery man.

Pizza guys in NYC are going to hate Turtles! *laughs*

I assume April also gets it for them maybe??
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #36
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
The funny thing is I am pretty certain every time we have seen them get it on screen so far they have just taken it from some poor baffled delivery man.

Pizza guys in NYC are going to hate Turtles! *laughs*

I assume April also gets it for them maybe??
Darn. Forgot about April...
I'd rather it be trench coats. Mikey would have a field day if he found a way to disguise himself (not that he let's it stop him, now).
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.