The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #21
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
I really hope we see the Foot take center stage. From the sounds of the first 11 episode titles, there are more Kraang episodes than Foot Clan episodes.

The Metalhead episode, the one where the Kraang try to set off a mutagen bomb in NYC, etc.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:53 AM   #22
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Shredder Plot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
All the other TMNT incarnations start with the foot or mousers, so I think this is different, better, and more interesting. Besides, the foot will be here eventually.
I like how the Shredder plot is built up for some early episodes. I also hope Kraang. Shredder/Foot, Baxter Stockman, Rat King (if he appears) and Purple Dragons all will be different sides.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #23
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I mentioned this before in a similar thread. I think it'd be cool if instead of having one Kraang dominate all the others they should be lead by General Traag. It'd be like a total reversal of what they did in the OT!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #24
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
General Traag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I mentioned this before in a similar thread. I think it'd be cool if instead of having one Kraang dominate all the others they should be lead by General Traag. It'd be like a total reversal of what they did in the OT!
And should General Traag be a Stone Warrior?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #25
AT-Man
I SEEN IT
 
AT-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FIN
Posts: 2,206
The Kraang should NOT have a leader or anyone even slightly different than the rest. I love The Kraang the way it is now. And I hope the actual aliens won't be speaking in human language, but only through their robot bodies. I'd like to see a confrontation between the Kraang and the Foot sometime, more than them teaming up.

If/when they introduce Casey Jones and if he also falls for April, that's a great opportunity to re-enact the Donatello/Casey insult battle from the first movie.
__________________

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #26
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
I saw concept art of Traag on the Facebook page from Comic Con. He's 20 feet tall!
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #27
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
I think it'd be cool if instead of having one Kraang dominate all the others they should be lead by General Traag. It'd be like a total reversal of what they did in the OT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedenfan 1982 View Post
And should General Traag be a Stone Warrior?
He'd basically be the only Stone Warrior in this universe, same as Krang was the only alien brain in the original cartoon.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #28
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...29773547_n.jpg

You guys see this? Forgive me if I'm late.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
He'd basically be the only Stone Warrior in this universe, same as Krang was the only alien brain in the original cartoon.
How do we know that? They didn't mention anything about Rock Soldiers one way or the other.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:26 PM   #30
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMan View Post
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...29773547_n.jpg

You guys see this? Forgive me if I'm late.
Cybercubed here is Traag.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #31
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
How do we know that?
I was merely speculation what I'd like to see happen... ya mook!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #32
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
This same question has been answered with IDW. I find it more interesting to give the franchises "B supervillain" a chance to build their focus for the "A supervillain", Shredder and the Foot. Also, the arrival of Dogpound and Fishface should bring more focus to Shredder/Foot, since they are going to be his hench mutants like Bebop/Rocksteady and Tokka/Rahzar were. I also find Kraang more inductive of causing mutations since they are based with TCRI.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #33
sykosis
Thug
 
sykosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: California
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Does anyone feel as if the Kraang aliens are more important than the Foot in this series? We're 3 episodes in and the Foot have been little more than background noise as Kraang and the mutants take the spotlight.
Because it's a new story with a new beginning. Brace for character and story development, it's what good programming does.
sykosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #34
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
The Foot Clan have a very rare presence in this show so far.

Kids watching this version of TMNT for the first time might assume the Kraang are the main villains instead of Shredder/Foot.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #35
Kevin G
Hench Mutant
 
Kevin G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 417
Just out of curiosity, how come it says Tweenage Alien Ninja Turtles in the drawing of Traag ?
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #36
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin G View Post
Just out of curiosity, how come it says Tweenage Alien Ninja Turtles in the drawing of Traag ?
Hmmm, maybe because the turtles act more like tweens in the new show and because of the whole Michael Bay thing?
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #37
Kevin G
Hench Mutant
 
Kevin G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Hmmm, maybe because the turtles act more like tweens in the new show and because of the whole Michael Bay thing?
Oh okay. I was just wondering if whoever drew Traag was joking around.
Kevin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #38
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The Foot Clan have a very rare presence in this show so far.

Kids watching this version of TMNT for the first time might assume the Kraang are the main villains instead of Shredder/Foot.

well, statistically speaking, so far, they are the main villains. in 6 episodes we've had only 1 dealing with the foot. this is a new show and they're handling things a bit differently than in the past, going in a slightly different direction. obviously, it hasn't sucked yet, so just go with the flow. plus, after next ep,

Spoiler:
the following 3 eps are foot centric, with episode 9 actually being titled, "enter shredder".


almost EVERY OTHER incarnation of this franchise has shoved the rivalry between the turtles and the foot down our throats. that's def not a bad thing, but this is a nice change of pace. let it breathe, homie. the foot'll be back eventually.
__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #39
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I think the Foot will show up again in "Never Say Xever" and definitely in "Enter Shredder." Just be patient. I love the build-up myself.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.