The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #21
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
it's how Ninja run in popculture, pure and simple
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #22
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist
 
Refractive Reflections's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
First time I watched characters run like that was in Naruto. It's supposedly looks like a jet to promote aerodynamically I think, which is utter nonsense. I find it hilarious.
Yeah because they are running so fast, that they have to consider aerodynamic drag... LOL The running style seemed ridiculous to me too.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #23
TMAN
Thug
 
TMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: AZ
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS View Post
Yeah because they are running so fast, that they have to consider aerodynamic drag... LOL The running style seemed ridiculous to me too.
Hey, that's how I run.....
TMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #24
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I like the way the Turtles run. It's just so cool.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #25
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior
 
Bossa Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States, California
Posts: 592
I think it's weird that people think it's weird how the turtles run. This show obviously takes a lot of influence from anime, and the way they run is a pretty popular way for a lot of anime ninjas to run. It's really not that new a style and this is from someone who doesn't even watch anime. In any case, I like the way it looks, we've seen them run 'normally' a few times and both ways look just fine to me.
__________________
Bossa Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #26
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossa Nova View Post
I think it's weird that people think it's weird how the turtles run. This show obviously takes a lot of influence from anime, and the way they run is a pretty popular way for a lot of anime ninjas to run.
Personally, I think the storyboarders should get their ideas from actual ninja movements, not stupid anime cliches.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #27
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior
 
Bossa Nova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States, California
Posts: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Personally, I think the storyboarders should get their ideas from actual ninja movements, not stupid anime cliches.
I don't disagree, but anime is the 'in' thing right now with kids and they've used elements, mostly facial expressions of the turtles at various points, throughout the show, so I don't know why the way they run is seen as so out there when it fits in line with the overall aesthetic choices that have been made so far.
__________________
Bossa Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #28
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Personally, I think the storyboarders should get their ideas from actual ninja movements, not stupid anime cliches.
Real Shinobi is very boring for an action cartoon. It's too subtle.

Same thing with actual martial arts, you see it movies and cartoons, artistic liberty is always taken to make it more cooler on the screen.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #29
RiseAbove873
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAN View Post
Hey, that's how I run.....
That made me laugh.
RiseAbove873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #30
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist
 
Refractive Reflections's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
Personally, I think the storyboarders should get their ideas from actual ninja movements, not stupid anime cliches.
I agree with you there, if the Turtles were really concerned about trying to be fast as possible, you'd think they would follow the moves of a professional sprinter/runner. But whatever...I just found it hilarious that the Nick turtles were ready to "take off." I think the "running" issue is probably going to be one of those divisive issues were some will think its corny (following anime rather than an actual ninja moves), fittingly humorous, cool, or unconcerned.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAN View Post
Hey, that's how I run.....
"Roger TMAN, this is JLS at the control tower, you are cleared for takeoff." LOL
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #31
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
eh, it's how anime ninjas run. And yeah, you need some flash and flair here and there. Real ninja would be boring because all we'd see if darkness and the intended target just dropping dead. Real ninjas were supposed to do their mission with one lethal strike, and never be seen or heard the entire time they're there. Them taking the time to actually start an epic one on one martial arts battle with someone is already failing the mission.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.