The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #21
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
I hope someone else will do the mo cap. he is way 2 tall 2 be a turtle..
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #22
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Never even heard of him, but nice to hear of news that shows that progress is being made.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #23
Dirty Blond
Stone Warrior
 
Dirty Blond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 827
Michael Bay is casting model-looking people for this film. I wonder what Splinter will look like?
Dirty Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #24
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Blond View Post
Michael Bay is casting model-looking people for this film. I wonder what Splinter will look like?
Model-looking people whose faces will be hidden behind a digitally created humanoid turtle. I hardly think you'll be able to tell who’s underneath all that digital “makeup”.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #25
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Model-looking people whose faces will be hidden behind a digitally created humanoid turtle. I hardly think you'll be able to tell who’s underneath all that digital “makeup”.
Truth.

Mark Ruffalo wore a green suit and ran around during a lot of the Hulk stuff for Avengers and the Hulk didn't look anything like him *laughs*
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #26
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
I know this may sound a bit cynical, but I have a feeling that one of the main reasons why the Turtles will almost definitely be played and voiced by unknowns is down to money and the need to save it. Motion-capture is quite expensive, so a lot of the budget is going to go towards that. If they were to cast four big “names” as the Turtles, even though you’d never be able to “see” them, that would just be a colossal waste of money.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #27
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
Truth.

Mark Ruffalo wore a green suit and ran around during a lot of the Hulk stuff for Avengers and the Hulk didn't look anything like him *laughs*
Really? I thought it did.
Just like Gollum looks an awful lot like Sirkis.

Both of those are also good examples of why the turtles might not be as large as their actors.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #28
ryukenden
Hench Mutant
 
ryukenden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 383
We'll just see if he can pull off a Brooklyn accent and be the raging reptile that he is known to be.
ryukenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #29
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
To answer ur tweets, YES I'm Raphael. I u think u know what to expect, u have NO idea.. You won't be disappointed. Trust me.. #TMNT -- Alan Ritchson (@alanritchson)

lol.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:34 PM   #30
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
I am guessing Raphael is going to go from being the shortest in the Nick toon to the tallest in this film??

Uhh....thought Mikey was shortest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
To answer ur tweets, YES I'm Raphael. I u think u know what to expect, u have NO idea.. You won't be disappointed. Trust me.. #TMNT -- Alan Ritchson (@alanritchson)

lol.
I watched him in Smallville. He wasn't a horrible actor or anything. His Arthur Curry/Aquaman was a surfer type. He did pretty good with it.


But his voice? Ehh...idk....
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #31
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
A singer from American Idol is playing my favorite character...

And Smallville...that piece of crap...as Aquaman, one of the worst superheroes of all time...

Alan...I DO know what I'm expecting, and it's called Failure...

And yes...I will be mean and judgemental, because if the makers of this BS called a film don't give a crap, then I don't really care to give them a 'benefit of the doubt'...and with Megan Fox, a singer of American Idol, alien-talk, the director of Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning...

Yes...I will be that fanboy, doom & gloom, whiny guy...and lol I don't really care how whiny I sound at this point. It's just my honest opinion on this BS.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #32
the fixer
Hench Mutant
 
the fixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: BELGIUM
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Schrader View Post
I hope someone else will do the mo cap. he is way 2 tall 2 be a turtle..
Like others have said, the size of the actor doesn't really matter with mo cap.
I've had the chance to do mo cap for a video game and the two characters I've 'played' were almost half my size.
The movement of the actor is just mapped onto the virtual character, bigger or smaller.

Size matters not.

Anyway, I've only seen Ritchson in Smallville. He was pretty OK as Aquaman. If he's gonna have what it takes to nail the temperamental Raphael... Well, I guess we'll have to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Blond View Post
Michael Bay is casting model-looking people for this film. I wonder what Splinter will look like?
The way things are going now... Michael Madsen? John Travolta? Hey, what about Brian Austin Green as Casey Jones? That'll bring a smile on miss Fox' face.
In fact nothing would surprise me anymore.

Last edited by the fixer; 03-22-2013 at 03:41 PM.
the fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #33
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphroehler2003 View Post
Aquaman, one of the worst superheroes of all time...
Whoa, **** you too buddy.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #34
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
I don't know any more about motion capture than the average guy. But I have to imagine size would be an issue if that motion-captured character is physically interacting with live characters, like in a fight.
I mean, if you had to lower a guys' shoulders by a foot, that's gonna change the way he'd have to swing his arm punch to hit a man in the face, cause the real guy's height isn't gonna change.

Maybe these turtles are just gonna be big.

EDIT:
If this is the case, and the turtles are as big as this actor, part of me thinks they would cut down on the CGI if they could. Like how parts of Iron Man's suit are real sometimes, for the sake of believability. If it were up to me, and I had 6ft turtles, I'd build a real shells. It would be easier for the interactions, too. Rolls or whatever.
I'm just talking out of my butt, at this point.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber

Last edited by chrisdude; 03-22-2013 at 04:12 PM.
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #35
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphroehler2003 View Post
A singer from American Idol is playing my favorite character...

And Smallville...that piece of crap...as Aquaman, one of the worst superheroes of all time...

Alan...I DO know what I'm expecting, and it's called Failure...

And yes...I will be mean and judgemental, because if the makers of this BS called a film don't give a crap, then I don't really care to give them a 'benefit of the doubt'...and with Megan Fox, a singer of American Idol, alien-talk, the director of Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning...

Yes...I will be that fanboy, doom & gloom, whiny guy...and lol I don't really care how whiny I sound at this point. It's just my honest opinion on this BS.
See you on opening night!

Also American Idol takes away cred for some reason? Jennifer Hudson?
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #36
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
where are all the death threats? rant vids etc?

i got my popcorn ready!

go to town on this underwear model! lol
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #37
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
See you on opening night!
You really need to work on some new material.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #38
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,814
I don't understand why they're hyping up actors when we won't even see their faces.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #39
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
You really need to work on some new material.
Riiiight. See you there too. I'm sure you'll have some 'hilarious' joke to tell about the movie.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #40
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Not familiar enough to have an opinion... but cool.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.