The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2002, 10:45 AM   #21
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Mmmm... now Tatsu, on the other hand. (just kidding!)
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 11:49 AM   #22
Loolaa
Mad Scientist
 
Loolaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,018
Heheh.. HT and her Tatsu obsession!

*Ngh*
Loolaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 12:59 PM   #23
Deskjet Shredder
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Moscow City
Posts: 138
I'm afraid to seem an ignoramus, but who is Tatsu?
__________________
|) 3 $ |< _/ 3 ~|~
$ |-| |2 3 |) |) 3 |2
Deskjet Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 01:07 PM   #24
Loolaa
Mad Scientist
 
Loolaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,018
The bald guy in the TMNT movies, Shredder's lackey... or whatever you'd like to call him...
Oh... didn't you say in another post that you never got the films over there?
Loolaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 01:37 PM   #25
Deathknight
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: One of the 972 rooms of the technodrome
Posts: 1,995
I would like to the original cast of bad guys in the newer series. I always enjoyed watching Krang, Shredder, and Bebop and Rocksteady. Dregg on the other hand the series could do without. Besides... TMNT just isn't TMNT without Krang Shredder and Bebop and Rocksteady.
Deathknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 05:39 PM   #26
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
*thinks she could live w/o Rocksteady and Bebop at least*
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 05:43 PM   #27
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
But I like Bebop and Rocksteady! I thought they were funny...
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 05:45 PM   #28
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Yes, but I don't think they'd fit in well, as they were, in the new "darker" series.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 06:18 PM   #29
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Yeah.. I can see Shredder and Krang happening, but heh... do we have to have bumbling baffoons too? *backs away from Azure, et al*
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 06:30 PM   #30
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Didn't Peter say he wasn't going to use Krang? That leaves just Shredder.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 07:50 PM   #31
enigma-1
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: take your pick...
Posts: 4,161
I have to agree, I hope that they find someone else for Bebop and Rocksteady. Every series needs the evil yet stupid lackeys, but those two...well, let's just say you don't want to know what I think should've been done to them at times. *evil grin*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: enigma-1 on 2002-05-21 22:52 ]</font>
enigma-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 07:56 PM   #32
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
They were cool in the first episodes, when they were really tough (though still stupid.) But as the series went on they got stupider and weaker. Just pathetic.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 08:00 PM   #33
enigma-1
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: take your pick...
Posts: 4,161
Once again, a true understatement.
enigma-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 08:37 PM   #34
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
Aww...but I admire their persistance You bring up a good point, Kali. Because the new 'toon will be aiming for a "darker" feel, Bebop and Rocksteady probably won't fit in. But I'd at least like to see them make an appearance in one episode...maybe in cameo roles? While we're on the subject of who might be on the new show...I say give Ace Duck more air time! Not only is he one of the greatest heroes of all time, but he's a former Intergalactic Wrestling champion!
*gets excited*
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 06:38 AM   #35
Ratking
Moderator
 
Ratking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: a sewer near you
Posts: 796
Quote:
azure turtle wrote:
Aww...but I admire their persistance You bring up a good point, Kali. Because the new 'toon will be aiming for a "darker" feel, Bebop and Rocksteady probably won't fit in.
I dont know how you work that out. Bebop and Rocksteady could easily addapt to the more darker series, just like they did in the red sky season, and more when the first season where they were very aggresive and weren't stupid.
im spot on with you azure, as i also liked them very much. However im 100%
Ratking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 09:22 AM   #36
Loolaa
Mad Scientist
 
Loolaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,018
I like Bebop, and Rocksteady... but I don't think they'll fit, either... they're a little goofy

I wonder what other baddies will be introduced, though... surely it won't just be the Shredder...?
Loolaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 09:47 AM   #37
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
Hrmm... Baxter? As in the evil African-American scientist from the early Mirage series? (Or are they still too PC to portray him as such?)
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 11:35 AM   #38
Loolaa
Mad Scientist
 
Loolaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,018
... yeah.. or if they're being overly pc, a character resembling his... then we can see a cartoon robot Baxter, too as in vol 2..
Loolaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 12:59 PM   #39
azure turtle
Mango Lovin' Mutant
 
azure turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 9,453
Baxter? So would they re-introduce April as his assistant? Which brings another point up...are they going to acknowledge the old cartoon, or are they starting from scratch?
__________________
"God, I love being a turtle!"

Want to meet the only blue ninja turtle in existence? Come visit me at my Lair!
azure turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 05:47 PM   #40
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
hrmmm... that's a Q we should ask Berger and or Laird, you think?
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.