The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 07:00 PM   #21
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist
 
ObiWanFan4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,724
At the very least can we get an asian Shredder. If not i'm gonna be PISSED!.
__________________
"The force will be with you, always"
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #22
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
At the very least can we get an asian Shredder. If not i'm gonna be PISSED!.
I'm really having doubts that he's even in it. I think Will Arnett is playing Colonel Schrader.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #23
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist
 
Shreddhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I like this guy...I've seen him in some stuff.

Wouldn't have cast him as Splinter...but he's not a bad actor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
I'm really having doubts that he's even in it. I think Will Arnett is playing Colonel Schrader.
I think so too. Sounds kinda like there's not going to be any Asian presence.
__________________

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #24
zak_the_neutrino
Foot Soldier
 
zak_the_neutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanFan4life View Post
At the very least can we get an asian Shredder. If not i'm gonna be PISSED!.
Why would you be pissed? Cause his voice isnt asian? Who's to say he's even voicing splinter. Has shredder even been confirmed for this movie? I personally think Krang is going to be the main villain not Shredder. People need to suck it up and realize this is a REBOOT. I don't care if there's not one asian person in it. I'm happy with the casting so far. Can't wait for this movie.
__________________
NAAHH! THIS PLACE IS DULLSVILLE MAN LET'S CUT OUT!!!
zak_the_neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:19 PM   #25
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
might as well, cast Peter Dinklage as the Rat King..

at least midgets fighting each other might be slightly entertaining..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg peter-dinklage.jpg (56.0 KB, 7 views)
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #26
ironman29758
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 93
Peter Renaday(1980 cartoon) , Kevin Clash (1st & 2nd movies), James Murray (3rd movie), Mark Enis (Coming Out of Their Shells), Jack William Scott (Christmas Special/Turtle Tunes), Stephen Mendel (Next Mutation), Darren Dunstan (2003 series) , Terrence Scammel (2007 game) , David Wills (Turtles Forever 8 all played Splinter and none of them were Japanese.

So as long as he could do a wise elderly Japanese sensei he'll be alright.
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #27
TheCollector
Hench Mutant
 
TheCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 293
My interest for this movie is dropping more and more with each passing announcement.

I think Michael Bay just went, "Ok, I ruined Transformers pretty good, what can I do to ruin TMNT even more so?"
__________________
TheCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #28
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Not surprised.

I, too, think Arnett is Schrader.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #29
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
I really wonder why they think they can change the characters this much and think it'll be accepted by TMNT fans.

Kids watching the Nick cartoon will find the movie unrecognizable, and longtime fans like us are already disgusted.

So who the hell is this movie aimed at? Some casual 22 year old who never watched TMNT before?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #30
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
I dunno... The kids might be the ones who care the least. I was born in '87, and I took in the OT and the movie trilogy at the same time. They were worlds different, and I wasn't turned off of either one.

Although, I always preferred the movies...
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #31
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Jesus. He's a good actor but has no part as Splinter. While I've been okay with some of the casting choices of this movie I can say there hasn't been one part that has me excited for this movie.

Summer 2014 has me more excited for Capt America 2, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Spider-Man 2 and Pixars The Good Dinosaur. Never thought I'd see the day that a TMNT movie was this far down my list of must see Summer movies.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:30 PM   #32
Vivi
Mad Scientist
 
Vivi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ninja HQ, Moon
Posts: 1,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Well, that's the thing. Is he a wise sensei from Japan? In this version, I really don't think so.
True that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
...Wha? Okay, haha. Certainly unexpected. I guess at this point the unexpected is the only thing you CAN expect.
Again, true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984TMNT View Post
I wonder how his movements will translate into motion capture....for instance, as a little person, he has the notable side to side action when he walks. Is that something they want Splinter to look like when he walks, or will they somehow be able to change that up in post? If not, I'll have a hard time not thinking Splinter is E.T. haha
I had a feeling that his stature played into his casting. It lends weight to the argument that the turtles will be tall if their actor counterparts are too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
I think Will Arnett is playing Colonel Schrader.
The power of illusion
Vivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #33
zak_the_neutrino
Foot Soldier
 
zak_the_neutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I really wonder why they think they can change the characters this much and think it'll be accepted by TMNT fans.

Kids watching the Nick cartoon will find the movie unrecognizable, and longtime fans like us are already disgusted.

So who the hell is this movie aimed at? Some casual 22 year old who never watched TMNT before?
I'm a long time fan and I'm excited for the new film. If you ask me it's about time changes are being made. Your comments make me feel like your speaking for me as a tmnt fan. Well please DON'T! Cause I've been a 25 year fan and I love the cast and the direction they are going in. I like the changes. CHANGE IS GOOD! Can't wait to see this movie.
__________________
NAAHH! THIS PLACE IS DULLSVILLE MAN LET'S CUT OUT!!!
zak_the_neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #34
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by zak_the_neutrino View Post
I'm a long time fan and I'm excited for the new film. If you ask me it's about time changes are being made. Your comments make me feel like your speaking for me as a tmnt fan. Well please DON'T! Cause I've been a 25 year fan and I love the cast and the direction they are going in. I like the changes. CHANGE IS GOOD! Can't wait to see this movie.
I'm not going to bash you for your opinions but what changes are you happy with? If you want some of these drastic changes it makes me wonder how much you actually liked the source material.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #35
TheCollector
Hench Mutant
 
TheCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I really wonder why they think they can change the characters this much and think it'll be accepted by TMNT fans.

Kids watching the Nick cartoon will find the movie unrecognizable, and longtime fans like us are already disgusted.

So who the hell is this movie aimed at? Some casual 22 year old who never watched TMNT before?
Well, what was Transformers aimed at? Certainly not Transformers fans, the actual Autobots and Decepticons were in it what? 25 percent of the movie?

That's how I fear this'll be, April and Casey'll be the stars and the Turtles will barely be in it.

Idiot that he is, Michael Bay doesn't think people can relate to giant robots or mutant turtles, so he thinks people would rather have humans in the lead. Humans that actually play a much smaller part in the actual series'.
__________________
TheCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:54 PM   #36
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist
 
Shreddhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by zak_the_neutrino View Post
I'm a long time fan and I'm excited for the new film. If you ask me it's about time changes are being made. Your comments make me feel like your speaking for me as a tmnt fan. Well please DON'T! Cause I've been a 25 year fan and I love the cast and the direction they are going in. I like the changes. CHANGE IS GOOD! Can't wait to see this movie.
I understand where you're coming from. At first, with a leaked script and some of the actors, I figured this was going to be a half baked, poorly executed cash in with the Turtles' name. But now it is quite obvious they are going for something that we have never seen before, or even dared to dream of. They seem to be throwing us curve balls with every new detail they release.

A month ago I had basically no interest in this film, I was not going to see it in theaters. Im still not sure if I will, but I can definitely say that these latest developments have sparked my interest, if for no other reason than to see just where theyre going with it.
__________________

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
The problem is they don't even seem to want to make a TMNT film. They're taking the bare minimum of aspects and changing it into something totally different.

I know I've said this before, but after so many successful reboots with 4kids, Nick and IDW, three different reboots that changed things yet kept things familiar...its disturbing how this just looks awful in every capacity.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #38
Half Sh3ll Hero
Foot Soldier
 
Half Sh3ll Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I really wonder why they think they can change the characters this much and think it'll be accepted by TMNT fans.

Kids watching the Nick cartoon will find the movie unrecognizable, and longtime fans like us are already disgusted.

So who the hell is this movie aimed at? Some casual 22 year old who never watched TMNT before?
Exactly.

The Bay Camp cares nothing for the source material (or serious fans for that matter) save for the names of the characters in an attempt to ensnare moviegoers or to spark nostalgia in a past fan to lay down that 8-16$ And they don't even do that right!

Like I said this movie is going to end up burning bridges in terms of garnering new fans and spurning older fans with a garbage movie painted turtles green. Metallica once said "Sad but true..."
__________________
I mean, come on. How do you guys expect to beat me?

Half Sh3ll Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:49 PM   #39
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Uh...so...4ft tall Splinter...okee doke...
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:52 PM   #40
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Uh...so...4ft tall Splinter...okee doke...
Are you new? When HASN'T he been 4 feet besides the Nick show?
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, movie casting


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.