The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 06:51 PM   #21
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior
 
TheJ-manTurtleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
The clothing idea made me a little uneasy at first, especially Raph, but I have to say (and please don't shoot me!!) I kinda like Mikey's clothing description
__________________
Hey Man! It's The J-Man!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #22
Slap-Happy
Bad Boy
 
Slap-Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,911
Loving the clothes. It's something I always thought would make sense for them.

They're teens. They'd want to wear something that they think is cool. It's not like they can get a haircut or something. Gotta express themselves in some way.

As for Shredder... Sounds like we might have another Green Goblin type thing on our hands.
Slap-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:01 PM   #23
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior
 
tmnt transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Okoto
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTron View Post
The clothing idea made me a little uneasy at first, especially Raph, but I have to say (and please don't shoot me!!) I kinda like Mikey's clothing description
I couldn't resist.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bang-gun-8878926.jpg (15.3 KB, 20 views)
__________________
Spoiler:


This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:09 PM   #24
DONATELLO DUZMACHINES
Foot Soldier
 
DONATELLO DUZMACHINES's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 149
Mikey and Raph's clothing description has me worried the most. Manly the cut out gum shoes and panys on Mikey, but ill reserve judgement till I see the final product. Donnies outfit sounds interesting with the tech mixed in with Samurai gear, Splinters design sounds awesome. Glad to hear that they have the individual Nick body types. Cant wait to see the real deal.
__________________
DONATELLO DUZMACHINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:11 PM   #25
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
The turtles don't sound too bad, I'm not too big on them wearing clothing though. I wish they would've used the three toe'd look but oh well. Their armor also sounds like a bit much...I have a bad feeling that these are gonna feel more like turtle variants than actual, basic figures. Oh, and Don's bandanna going down to his WAIST? That's a bit too long, no? I can't completely judge until I actually see the figures...

Splinter doesn't seem like he's dramatically different...but I still want to see him, of course.

Shredder sounds kinda weird...I hope the guy who wrote the article was exaggerating the amount of spikes on the figure.

The Foot sound horrible. Probably because I really hate how they're going to look in the movie itself.

April sounds ok...I mean, it's not really going to look like an April figure than a generic human, but whatever.

Overall not too impressed. However, my opinions will probably drastically change when I actually see what the figures look like.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:12 PM   #26
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
Michelangelo's description sounds a little odd, but Leonardo and Donatello's appearance sounds pretty cool.

Apparently April O'Neil's high heeled boots may cause standing issues. Too bad she doesn't have the huge Ugg boots like cartoon April. That figure is super easy to stand.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #27
RaphAndDonnie
Stone Warrior
 
RaphAndDonnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 769
The turtles sound good. Nice to hear they're keeping them looking different. Splinter's design sounds eh...but I guess I'll have to see it to actually form a good opinion. Shredder's designs though...they're really overloading him with blades except for his...arms? Comical sounding indeed. Not too big on the clothing but whatever.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
I love 2012 Mikey. He is like Joey from friends.
My art is here!: http://suzukipot.deviantart.com/
And my fanfics are here!:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3865667/suzukipot
RaphAndDonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:43 PM   #28
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
I'm glad the turtles' designs are getting some more personality. There's no reason the turtles wouldn't wear clothes, or that Donnie doesn't carry gadgets. With the exception of whatever Raph is wearing, it all sounds good to me. Especially Mikey.

Shame how they got pictures for Spider-Man and Captain America, but only descriptions for TMNT. But the toys are out there, we should see them soon enough...
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #29
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
This movie is going to be a blast. The descriptions sound awesome for the most part. I was hoping there'd be some secret ninja-garbed Foot revealed, but I'll survive because I think the turtle descriptions sound totally awesome.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:02 PM   #30
psychturtle
Mad Scientist
 
psychturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,001
Certainly one of you can find a leaked picture of these figures! I'm not tech savvy.
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:23 PM   #31
TurtleMikey
Hench Mutant
 
TurtleMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
I kinda like the clothes idea.

They're so influenced by pop culture and the human world and they spend most of their time fighting dudes with guns and swords. Why WOULDN'T they put on alittle something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap-Happy View Post
Loving the clothes. It's something I always thought would make sense for them.

They're teens. They'd want to wear something that they think is cool. It's not like they can get a haircut or something. Gotta express themselves in some way.

As for Shredder... Sounds like we might have another Green Goblin type thing on our hands.



Agreed.

Outside of being Turtles and living in the sewer, they act just like humans and are influenced by much of their culture.

So, why wouldn't they wear clothes? I mean, despite not having genitalia, they are still naked. And I'm sure they'd be predisposed to being somewhat uncomfortable with that.

Or on the other side of the spectrum, just comfortable with wearing clothing, or even armor, they like or feel they need, as well as being all natural.

And thats just scratching the surface.

I mean really. When you think about it, there are more reasons why they would, than why they wouldn't.

Last edited by TurtleMikey; 01-02-2014 at 10:37 PM.
TurtleMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #32
TurtleMikey
Hench Mutant
 
TurtleMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by okstpsy View Post
Certainly one of you can find a leaked picture of these figures! I'm not tech savvy.
The New York Toy Fair is next month, so we'll see them sooner rather than later.
TurtleMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:47 PM   #33
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Well they match the descriptions I was given a while ago. Whether that's good or bad remains to be seen.
"Wow, Powder's source was legit!" = Pretty much my thought when reading about Leo.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:54 PM   #34
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I made mention of Mikey's pants & some other stuff too. Like others, I have faith Donny & Leo will look pretty sick. The others, I'm not so sure.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:06 PM   #35
psychturtle
Mad Scientist
 
psychturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,001
I don't know why anyone questioned Powder's legitimacy. Dude's in the know.

I guess I can wait a month to see them. I wonder if they will show the other 3 classic collection movie turtles then too...

I'm not sure if I like the thought of all the clothing. You know playmates has the clothing in the molds rather than attachments so that will suck. I still hope Hot Toys makes a set of the turtles from this film.

Am I the only one that thinks Raph will look really badass? I'm not thinking George of the Jungle when I read his description, I'm thinking Andy Whitfield's Spartacus.
psychturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:14 PM   #36
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
i'm okay with everything except the clothing. Hopefully it's just for the figures and/or just for a few scenes in the movie.
__________________
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:30 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Mike wearing a neck chain worries me. I hope he doesn't go around the movie shouting things like, "Woooord!" and, "That's phat!" and "Like a Turtle do!"
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:32 PM   #38
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Mike wearing a neck chain worries me. I hope he doesn't go around the movie shouting things like, "Woooord!" and, "That's phat!" and "Like a Turtle do!"
Isn't stuff like that what he regularly says, though?
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:49 PM   #39
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
I don't like anything I've read from the description. This is for the toy line, so hopefully it's not as absurd in the movie.
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:58 PM   #40
bridgegrn
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 247
Ugh the clothes stuff really makes me roll my eyes. Hopefully it looks better than it sounds.
bridgegrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.