The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2015, 08:04 AM   #21
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliena View Post
I'm curious as to when you changed how you felt about Apritello. Would you be back on board if they made a move and April and Donnie started dating and Casey was out of it? Or is it just too far gone for you to like the idea anymore?
I have rant multiple times before but when comes down to it, I don't like how being done in the show. I really tiring of seeing romance as a goal and conflict rather then a progression in character development, because when something is a conflict, it becomes a leg of the story but not knowing what to do next when the conflict is resolved will turn that leg into an annoying crutch.

"So what's the next the step with these two characters?"
"The **** do I know? Let's keep postponing and hope no one notice."

This is just more ranting.
Spoiler:
But I think what really piss me off the most is I don't see the chemistry between these two in this version. Back before this show even started, out everybody I thought April and Donnie made the most sense. They have common ground and could relate to each other, but April in this version has no interest in science, unless it could benefit her. The writer's has done nothing to show why April would like Donnie and vice versa but instead they go in a lazy direction of just telling us and we are suppose to believe as word of god.

The only thing we can know for sure that April feelings towards Donnie is gratitude and appreciation. THAT IS NOT LOVE! That is feeling you own somebody something you wish to give in return.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 02-01-2015 at 08:09 AM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:25 AM   #22
SophieDem
Foot Soldier
 
SophieDem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hungary
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post

This is just more ranting.
Spoiler:
But I think what really piss me off the most is I don't see the chemistry between these two in this version. Back before this show even started, out everybody I thought April and Donnie made the most sense. They have common ground and could relate to each other, but April in this version has no interest in science, unless it could benefit her. The writer's has done nothing to show why April would like Donnie and vice versa but instead they go in a lazy direction of just telling us and we are suppose to believe as word of god.

The only thing we can know for sure that April feelings towards Donnie is gratitude and appreciation. THAT IS NOT LOVE! That is feeling you own somebody something you wish to give in return.
I just agree. Excuse me, I just need to get it off my chest. I hope you guys don't consider it as bragging in or something. Since I am a new member.

I cannot see the chemistry between April and Donnie. I admit that from the turtles the redhead is closest to Donatello but I think it is just because of that geek's admiration and special attention he showed to April. They had so many moments together throughout the series I can't even count but I'm not sure if I want to. Ok, at first, i thought yeah, it's pretty cute that Donnie likes April, sure, a cartoon needs this kind of stuff. The fluff, the pink clouds etc. But not like this.

I seriously feel even the writers don't know what they should do anymore. This just got out of control. They should just drop the whole thing. I cannot feel anything but sorry for poor Donnie shaking him emotionally like a rag doll (hope you understand me ). He would deserve much much more. I hope in the end April and Donnie can make up as sister and brother, or as friends, at least. Or even before the series ends. I don't want another turtle to like her. That is likely to happen. Right?
SophieDem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:30 AM   #23
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior
 
kelligrafie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huddersfield, UK
Posts: 840
Or the writers might decide to go with the original plan which was for Raph to have the crush on her...



Can you imagine a Raph / Casey / April triangle?
__________________
"You don't see (Shredder) calling Rahzar 'Chris'." victory_angel
"When it's not what I'd like it to be, I still enjoy it." ElectricN
kelligrafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:33 AM   #24
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Too bad they can't build a time machine, go back to before the show aired and just NOT do any of the April/Donnie stuff at all.

Seriously one of the very first things that made me think to myself, "I'm not sure I'm gonna like this show." I had a feeling it'd be done piss-poor and overshadow everything else, and boy, if anything, I underestimated just how bad it would be.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:30 AM   #25
SophieDem
Foot Soldier
 
SophieDem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hungary
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
Or the writers might decide to go with the original plan which was for Raph to have the crush on her...



Can you imagine a Raph / Casey / April triangle?
Never in this entire... That would be a disaster!



As a Raphael fan I say that. Let's just keep that hothead with his testosterone level (Venus and "I know how you think she's hot... in an evil kind of way.") and those chili peppers in his pants. I just can't imagine him like that. And Casey would... be in a much worse situation.
SophieDem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:58 AM   #26
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huzzah View Post
Frankly every time Donnie seems to move on, April screws it up. She's selfish and enjoys the attention from the two. I've never been a Casey/April supporter mostly because it happens because they are the only two humans the Turtles regularly hang with. Heck in the Mirage comics I believed the short lived relationship between Casey and Gabrielle was more believable. I also don't really care for Turtle/Human relations anyway.

The easiest way to fix it all is to just drop the triangle, let both guys just get sick of April's incessant need for attention and both jointly move on. If necessary introduce a female mutant or two. Mona Lisa, the physics student would make a decent match for Donatello of he wanted to move on, that's right I'm not a Raph/Mona supporter, introduce Ninjara for that.
Or how about Jhanna. She did leave her hair with Donnie as a love token. And the way she slept beside him in Peoples choice was reminisant of a husband and wife.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:28 PM   #27
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
How will it be resolved? Probably never. It will be left in the open all the way to the end, with maybe a hint of what might happen later on after the show is done. Kind of like what happened on Ugly Betty.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:00 PM   #28
aliena
Hench Mutant
 
aliena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 294
Does anyone have any comment on the odd and awkward look shared between Casey and April? Did something happen between them during their three days alone in the house together?
aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #29
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliena View Post
Does anyone have any comment on the odd and awkward look shared between Casey and April? Did something happen between them during their three days alone in the house together?
... did they do the nasty?

Or we're just looking too deep into this. [pfft deep. Get it? Haha.. I'll shut up now xD]

Ah, we're forgetting Splinter is also there in that small pizzeria shop, so it's not really possible for anything of the sort to happen, right? He can even listen to the tiniest noise, so..
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:40 PM   #30
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
Why are you guys speculating about two underage teenagers having sex? April and Casey are 16 in this show, why on earth would you think two 16 year olds would have sex?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:43 PM   #31
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
why on earth would you think two 16 year olds would have sex?
.........You serious...?

SH*t, look who I'm askin'. I MUST be loopy.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:45 PM   #32
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
why on earth would you think two 16 year olds would have sex?
Lmaoooo, classic cubed.

I still hate you though.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:51 PM   #33
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Why are you guys speculating about two underage teenagers having sex? April and Casey are 16 in this show, why on earth would you think two 16 year olds would have sex?
...you didn't? Wait, nope. I don't wanna know.

Back to turtles and capril lovin.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:58 PM   #34
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
... there's some extra crazy in the 'drome today, isn't there?

goddamnit, what have I told you kids about putting acid in the water cooler?

__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:58 PM   #35
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Why are you guys speculating about two underage teenagers having sex? April and Casey are 16 in this show, why on earth would you think two 16 year olds would have sex?
Hoho! It's funny because because most people start having sex around 16!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:06 PM   #36
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
April and Casey are 16 in this show, why on earth would you think two 16 year olds would have sex?
Because, uh... Eh, just look up the statistics.

Seriously, this was sarcasm right?


Now the show will go real modern and have them end up teen parents with a squirming Kraang baby.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:25 PM   #37
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Thanks for the mental image, Indigo - now I'm imagining a birth scene similar to something out of Prometheus. That puts the "uck" in YUCK.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:35 PM   #38
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
goddamnit, what have I told you kids about putting acid in the water cooler?
It was PCP in the clam chowder. DiCaprio did it.

((If even ONE PERSON gets that......))
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:45 PM   #39
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Now the show will go real modern and have them end up teen parents with a squirming Kraang baby.
I can't imagine the childbirth with April popping out a tentacle monster out of her vagina..
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:51 PM   #40
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
You have been really weird today....
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.