The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2017, 10:57 AM   #21
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
So about Alopex's new blue markings, it made me wonder what was up with the old purple markings? They vanished when she splashed water on her face, so I assumed then that were painted on, but then she gets the blue markings from defeating Kitsune in the spirit realm, meaning it can't simply be paint.

So what are the marking if they can be washed off with water but also reappear through non-physical means?
I think it might just be ice. That's what I assumed... frost or something. I dunno.

EDITED:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
The purple markings were paint and the blue are an astral marking.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED

Last edited by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy; 01-25-2017 at 11:16 AM.
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:13 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Really loved the art, its perfect for these Kitsune or Pantheon type issues too.

Raphael/Alopex pairing shouldn't be anything too new for those of us who read the Archie series. It's basically Raphael/Ninjara again just with an arctic fox instead of a brown one. Alopex has always seemed like a not-Ninjara type character from the start, just with a different backstory since Ninjara was from a race of actual fox people rather than a mutant.

Also of note the Turtles still talk to Splinter, which is nice and should have been obvious. No way were they going to sever all ties with him, as we've seen by the Foot giving them the helicopter. Splinter still loves his owns.

As for the Angel/Woody pairing....kill it with fire.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:20 PM   #23
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Raphael/Alopex pairing shouldn't be anything too new for those of us who read the Archie series. It's basically Raphael/Ninjara again just with an arctic fox instead of a brown one. Alopex has always seemed like a not-Ninjara type character from the start, just with a different backstory since Ninjara was from a race of actual fox people rather than a mutant.
I think that makes it worse for some. It's a retread of the same ol' thing where there was a chance to do something different there.
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:22 PM   #24
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia
 
DestronMirage22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technogeek29 View Post
Will have to wait until next week to read this sucker
Me too. I'm broke.
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:30 PM   #25
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Really loved the art, its perfect for these Kitsune or Pantheon type issues too.

Raphael/Alopex pairing shouldn't be anything too new for those of us who read the Archie series. It's basically Raphael/Ninjara again just with an arctic fox instead of a brown one. Alopex has always seemed like a not-Ninjara type character from the start, just with a different backstory since Ninjara was from a race of actual fox people rather than a mutant.

Also of note the Turtles still talk to Splinter, which is nice and should have been obvious. No way were they going to sever all ties with him, as we've seen by the Foot giving them the helicopter. Splinter still loves his owns.

As for the Angel/Woody pairing....kill it with fire.
I HATED Ninjara. Loathe that character. Why do you think I dislike the Alopex/Raph thing so much?
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:38 PM   #26
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I HATED Ninjara. Loathe that character. Why do you think I dislike the Alopex/Raph thing so much?
I wasn't reading the comics at the time, but liked her character design with the armor and such when I saw a pic of her..... then I was confused when I read she's a fox.

Foxes don't have poofy striped tails, WHAT MANNER OF SORCERY IS THIS?!
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:05 PM   #27
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
I wasn't reading the comics at the time, but liked her character design with the armor and such when I saw a pic of her..... then I was confused when I read she's a fox.

Foxes don't have poofy striped tails, WHAT MANNER OF SORCERY IS THIS?!
Google wasn't particularly helpful as it returns both types of images, but I distinctly remember Ninjara having a solid-colored tail in her first few appearances. Maybe with a black tip, but then again, most canines have that. I can't even tell if the ring-tailed images on Google are fanart or official, most of the comic panels from scans and whatnot show her with a solid-colored tail or no tail visible at all due to positioning. Huh... Now I'm confused too.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 02:15 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Heh, even the last Ninjara story in Archie had to do with the Turtles taking a trip to Alaska and Ninjara finding a fox tribe living there.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 03:46 PM   #29
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Heh, even the last Ninjara story in Archie had to do with the Turtles taking a trip to Alaska and Ninjara finding a fox tribe living there.
You mean a Wolf tribe, cause that's when Ninjara and the Turtles went to Alaska and they met Mokoshan, Ninjara and Raph break up there relationship so that she can be with Mokoshan.
http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Mokoshan
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 04:04 PM   #30
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
The fox-people tribe was in Japan, as opposed to the wolf-people tribe in Alaska. Which was ripe for exploration, really, when one wonders if there might've been any other tribes of animal-folk scattered around the globe, living in secrecy...
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 04:23 PM   #31
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
The fox-people tribe was in Japan, as opposed to the wolf-people tribe in Alaska. Which was ripe for exploration, really, when one wonders if there might've been any other tribes of animal-folk scattered around the globe, living in secrecy...
And they aren't mutants, so it makes you wonder how they evolved.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 05:33 PM   #32
Kingoji
Hench Mutant
 
Kingoji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Google wasn't particularly helpful as it returns both types of images, but I distinctly remember Ninjara having a solid-colored tail in her first few appearances. Maybe with a black tip, but then again, most canines have that. I can't even tell if the ring-tailed images on Google are fanart or official, most of the comic panels from scans and whatnot show her with a solid-colored tail or no tail visible at all due to positioning. Huh... Now I'm confused too.
Not all foxes have paler fur on the tips of their tails... or even on their bodies at all for that matter. The way Ninjara was drawn for TMNTA seems to be based on darker-furred foxes in general, and I don't think that it was intended to look like a ringtail so much as to make the tail look darker and rougher than the rest of her. Like on this here pup:



EDIT: Prompted by this discussion to do a google image search for 'TMNT Ninjara', pleased to see one of mine comes up as one of the earliest results.
__________________
If you can't take your 'Ninja Turtles' with a knowing wink and a smile on your face then what have you got left?

Last edited by Kingoji; 01-25-2017 at 05:42 PM.
Kingoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:40 AM   #33
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,857
the casual dialog between Raph and Angel is just some of what makes this series one of the best out there!

i really enjoyed that Angel brought up Raph borrowing the helicopter from Splinter.
not only does it address the plot issue, but it shows there's still some connection between father and sons. even if they are just "barely speaking", there is still some contact.

what i found really cool was that Raph actually achieved Astral projection.
it was pretty awesome to show that behind the scenes the brothers do share tips and advice to one another. even though it'd be nice to actually see some of these moments as they unfold.
i wonder how long Leonardo has be practicing in projection?
would his meditation and communicating with the spirit of his mother count?

what Raph did spiritually seeking out Alopex reminded me a bit of when Leo had done it while searching for Donatello in the Image Comics Tmnt.

it'll be cool if we see this concept further explored.


Sophie's art was gorgeous!!!
i love how she leaves some areas still just in pencil to get that softer texture!
__________________
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 07:51 AM   #34
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
I'm never going to stop thinking it should have been Leo/Alopex paired together as a clan brother/sister dynamic, giving Leo someone outside the family to do things with, after they were both controlled by Shredder and Leo protected her from Raph on the farm.

Plus we've seen a lighter side to Alopex's personality that would make a nice contrast to oh so srs Leo.

Raph's always been pals with Casey and if he and Angel are making a good bro/sis dynamic, I'll further stand by my position on the above, even if I'm in the minority.
but Raph needs more love!
Leo's perfectly confident being able to stand on his own.

i do think Leo and Alopex still do share a bond as warriors as well as former pawns fro shredder, and now both having overcome Kitsune's mind control.
even though Raph and Alopex share the bond they have, i don't think it would diminish the bond Leo and Alopex share as warriors.

but in a way, i'm really glad not to see Leo in 'shipping' situation.
save that 'loverboy' routine for Raph.
__________________
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:30 PM   #35
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia
 
DestronMirage22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,723
So, between yesterday and today I was able to scape up the extra cash for this issue.
I'm glad I did so soon, it was a great issue. Fantastic art (as always) from Sophie, and I'm glad that the whole Kitsune thing with Alopex seems to be resolved.
Oh, and I also had another letter published! =D
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:04 PM   #36
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
I always took the Raphael/Alopex romance thing as a fan-fiction bit that does not add up in the comic. It seemed inspired due to his inter-species romance with Ninja from Archie's TMNT Adventures. Yet,we get a confession of romantic feelings from Raphael. I just thought it was good friends of the opposite sex.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:28 PM   #37
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I always took the Raphael/Alopex romance thing as a fan-fiction bit that does not add up in the comic. It seemed inspired due to his inter-species romance with Ninja from Archie's TMNT Adventures. Yet,we get a confession of romantic feelings from Raphael. I just thought it was good friends of the opposite sex.
There were plenty of hints of them liking each other dating back to the Northampton arc, and in several issues after.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:30 PM   #38
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Here's my full summary and review of TMNT #66 at TMNT Entity.

...Look, I'm not going to like every issue, okay? It's just not gonna happen.

I will say that I dug Campbell's art; it was a gorgeous-looking issue. But the story was IDW on autopilot and I couldn't get excited about it.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:37 PM   #39
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
Here's my full summary and review of TMNT #66 at TMNT Entity.

...Look, I'm not going to like every issue, okay? It's just not gonna happen.

I will say that I dug Campbell's art; it was a gorgeous-looking issue. But the story was IDW on autopilot and I couldn't get excited about it.
"Oh no, Pigeon Pete has gone missing! Better start a story arc about getting him back!"

i have to admit, you really do have a point there.
__________________
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:46 PM   #40
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
"Oh no, Pigeon Pete has gone missing! Better start a story arc about getting him back!"

i have to admit, you really do have a point there.
I might be missing the whole point of the joke, but wasn't that sorta the inciting incident of the Mutanimals mini? On the other end of the spectrum we have the Nick cartoon, where Pete went missing with barely an explanation offered and no follow-up whatsoever.

Last edited by ChosenOne; 01-29-2017 at 02:51 PM.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.