The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2003, 08:16 PM   #21
Relay
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: North Cacalacky
Posts: 400
The way of the ninja is a lonely one.
Relay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:50 PM   #22
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat King
But hey, maybe Raph wouldn't be so angry if he got laid every once in a while .
I, for one, am willing to test that theory.

Anyway, I agree that it probably won't happen any time soon in official stories. But then, that's what fan fiction's for. And even then, it gets overdone a lot. That "alone in the world" thing is an important theme, and some people go crazy with the "lets set them all up with their perfect dream girl" plots. As a side thing, yeah, but don't do a twenty chapter story with that as the central plot...

Though I feel like a bit of a hypocrite seeing as I'm currently writing an adult fic.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:59 PM   #23
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Now that I think about it, if Leo, Mike, Don and Raph are the only ones of their kind, how are they supposed to breed? You know to keep the species alive, unless they a regular female turtle pregent and hope the offspring will take on after the father.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 11:02 PM   #24
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Now that I think about it, if Leo, Mike, Don and Raph are the only ones of their kind, how are they supposed to breed?
Simple, they aren't. That's part of the tragedy.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 11:59 PM   #25
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Now that I think about it, if Leo, Mike, Don and Raph are the only ones of their kind, how are they supposed to breed?
Simple, they aren't. That's part of the tragedy.
Poor bastards, pitty they don't have Turtle's Nights at strip clubs.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 01:37 AM   #26
Karpo_007
Inactive Moderator
 
Karpo_007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,798
Would they really even feel atracted to other species?
Karpo_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 01:41 AM   #27
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Well I think Don and April make a cute couple.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 06:44 AM   #28
Splinter
Radical Rat
 
Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Splinter's Dojo
Posts: 1,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Now that I think about it, if Leo, Mike, Don and Raph are the only ones of their kind, how are they supposed to breed?
Simple, they aren't. That's part of the tragedy.
Exactly. In one of the original Mirage Comics [I think Rat King is right with Issue #28], April makes that realization. That when they die, there will be noone to carry on their species. They are the first and and the last of their kind. I don't see that changing, I doubt that the Turtles are going to ask the Oots to mutate some girls for them. And breeding with humans would be impossible, due to the incompatabilty of the DNA.

Here's from Issue #28:
Quote:
Casey finally manages to snap April out of the trance, admonishing her to hurry lest they lose their patient... but it's too late, the fishwoman has died.

As soon as they notice that they've lost their comrade, the fishmen stop fighting the Turtles. The creatures come on shore and lift the body of their fallen clansman.

"It's over... the last four males of their species... the only four males of their species... just like -"

We see the Turtles watching the fishmen as they carry their last, lost hope back into the waiting waters of the river, and all disappear into its murky depths.

"Omigod - " April mummers.

"What? What is it?" asks Casey.

"Nothing..." April replies, "Just... just hold me Casey..."

In the final panel we see Casey embracing April as the four Turtles stand watching them.

"Hold me tight."
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/m...me01/28/28.htm
__________________

R.I.P. Master Splinter - Mirage Comics - May 1984 / June 2003
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - New Episode Guide
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 09:07 AM   #29
Relay
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: North Cacalacky
Posts: 400
Yeah, I remember that part of Issue #28. Very sad. Well, if the Turtles don't have anyone to breed with, I think the Utroms probably have some of their DNA in storage somewhere. When the Turtles die, the Utroms may clone them so their would be a new group of Turtles to protect the city. That just seems like something the Utroms would do.
Relay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 10:09 AM   #30
Brinatello
Hench Mutant
 
Brinatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 446
Archie has already shown us what the future would be for the four turtles. The term "it started with them and it'll end with them" has been used in the thread, but it's similar to what Raph said to his future self. That's why fangirls write fics, like Kali said, to give the guys a chance to be with someone other than April. It doesn't have to be just having sex. It could be just a taste of what having a girl is like and then end it there to let the readers decide for themselves!

Society nowadays is about men and women getting married, having kids, having a house, a dog, and a happy life. That's all I ever see on TV shows is perfect this and perfect that. Well, when you look at the comic book world, not just TMNT alone, you don't see Picture Perfect families. Ever. The great part about comics is the action, drama, suspence, and thrill of the story lines. If the TMNT all settled down and left the world of crime, it would get very very dull and literally turn into one of those TV shows! You could write a fic where one turtle settles down but does keep the life of a crime fighter. It'd be hard on him, but hey, you gotta keep the action alive! The TMNT show is all about action...um, crime fighting kick butt action...not the other action.

I've looked over my fics and yeah, I'm guilty of having the guys fall in love with human girls, but that's as far as it goes. I either end it too soon, have the girl die, or she moves away. I never let them hang around long enough to have a relationship. I think that's mostly because I wouldn't know how to write that in while keeping it interesting at the same time. Peter is opening a new world for his creations and I'm curious to see which direction he'll go. As long as he enjoys writing the books and keeping a constant vigil on the show, we'll be seeing quite a bit of them, girls or no girls!
Brinatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 10:18 AM   #31
Kali
Inactive Moderator
 
Kali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: California!
Posts: 11,101
Exactly. Keep in mind that "breed" and "mate" aren't exactly the same. I honestly don't know if any of the guys would even be sexually attracted to a human girl. Have emotional feelings for, yeah, but the basic biology could be a problem. However, seasonal "urges" can be really strong in some species.

But nature adapts, and I see no reason why it couldn't happen, if The Powers That Be (aka Laird) allowed it.
Kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 12:55 PM   #32
Shellfox
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,234
In the Archie universe Raph was pretty well attached to Ninjara through out most of the books run, not to mention he seemed to be married to Mezcal in the future. So the idea of them being alone is not set in stone in all realities
__________________
We're americans, We build Monster Trucks for fun! Imagin what we'll build when you piss us off!!- Christopher Titus
Shellfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 01:21 PM   #33
Anarky
Outlaw Hero
 
Anarky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Tannhauser Gate
Posts: 4,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnterminator
Yea..definately stick with the four...it'd be kinda hard though to get "A girl" for FOUR turtles...in your examples you had one hero who gets the girl...so to please the four you'd probably new four girls..i think it might be cool if at least one of them found a love interest or something....kinda like Mikey did with Kala the Neutrino back in the old toon...
Maybe four could get Venis, Mona Lisa and Sky and odd turtle out could get April.
who's sky?
Anarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 03:44 PM   #34
Nturtle
Ninja Master
 
Nturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Technodrome Airducts
Posts: 5,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656
Hey, I'm a guy, and I write stories where they meet people...
let's be a little even-handed here... (grumbles)
Sorry Leo, I was admittedly generalizing.

Anyway, I still would be dissapointed if it happened
__________________
Fil rules. If Fil takes your 5 bucks then you should be eternally grateful that Fil would even borrow your money. Fil.
Nturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 03:51 PM   #35
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnterminator
Yea..definately stick with the four...it'd be kinda hard though to get "A girl" for FOUR turtles...in your examples you had one hero who gets the girl...so to please the four you'd probably new four girls..i think it might be cool if at least one of them found a love interest or something....kinda like Mikey did with Kala the Neutrino back in the old toon...
Maybe four could get Venis, Mona Lisa and Sky and odd turtle out could get April.
who's sky?
http://www.geocities.com/raphaella_xx/SKYSKETCH.html
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 05:55 PM   #36
Misfit
Stone Warrior
 
Misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 508
Very well said, Brina! I agree with you. I'm writing a fic right now which involves one of the turtles falling for a human girl...IMHO good romance fics don't always need lots of sex/sexual references in them to work. In my story the most turtle and girl ever do is hug but that doesn't mean they aren't in love.

As far as girl turtles...NO THANK YOU!! Keep them away! I won't even read fics that have female turtle characters...I just can't stand the idea ofgirl turtles, it really turns me off. Venus was a true abomination, a really bad idea that shoudn't be repeated, IMHO. *shudders*
__________________
My LiveJournal

My Fanfiction

"I'm the pretty one!" - Mikey in "Meet Casey Jones".
Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 06:53 PM   #37
MW8979
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 431
I think that the turtles' "sterility" as it were is definately part of the appeal, because it makes them unique. If they could reproduce, there would be many generations of TMNT, and that would just make it so mundane and boring. So yeah, I think the whole "loneliness anguish" theme works for them.
MW8979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 07:40 PM   #38
Misfit
Stone Warrior
 
Misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 508
Quote:
I think the whole "loneliness angish" theme works for them.
Yeah that's the main thing I like about the TMNTs, that they are totally unique, there's no others like them...if more turtles were added to the four (like Venus) it would really ruin the appeal, at least for me.
__________________
My LiveJournal

My Fanfiction

"I'm the pretty one!" - Mikey in "Meet Casey Jones".
Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 09:33 PM   #39
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator
 
HorseTechie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,677
I totally agree too. Makes them more special.

And then.. I leave my fantasies to myself.
HorseTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 09:57 PM   #40
Meira-Bates
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: an abandoned wearhouse
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnterminator
Yea..definately stick with the four...it'd be kinda hard though to get "A girl" for FOUR turtles...in your examples you had one hero who gets the girl...so to please the four you'd probably new four girls..i think it might be cool if at least one of them found a love interest or something....kinda like Mikey did with Kala the Neutrino back in the old toon...
Maybe four could get Venis, Mona Lisa and Sky and odd turtle out could get April.
who's sky?
http://www.geocities.com/raphaella_xx/SKYSKETCH.html
If I am not mistaken...that's what you call an original characrter...and that means it won't happen X.x
__________________

I'm also the winner of the award for being least likely to receive an award! O.o
Meira-Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.