![]() |
|
|
#21 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 859
|
Quote:
Was that in vein? |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#22 | |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,376
|
Quote:
Which isn't to say Rise, or TMNT 2012 didn't have people who care about the TMNT. Like, really care, like as fans like you and I. But they have no power or say in anything, at the end of the day. They aren't decision makers.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#23 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 859
|
I don’t recall Laird doing anything to piss off fans, other than delaying the end. What am I missing?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#24 | |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,376
|
Quote:
I disagreed with him a ton on the lettercol and even had at least one letter printed there, but it never bothered me. It's his treehouse, we're just visiting it.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#25 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,828
|
Quote:
![]() Dude you called the Turtles "Cal Arts" style of turtles, you yourself are one of the last people on this forum to call anyone ignorant.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#26 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 859
|
Quote:
If you want to misunderstand the meaning of words, that’s your business, but don’t expect others to follow suit. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#27 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 859
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#28 | |
|
Disgusting
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#29 | |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,376
|
Quote:
A big point of contention was his "you don't like? Don't read!" And I think he even responded to someone pissed off with, "OK, solution for you. You should keep buying, but just don't read." It made sense to me, but people got mad. And I think it took a few years but that kind of stuff and those kinds of fans finally wore thin on him. But I have no idea. I wish he never let it get to him. Read that lettercol, by all means.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#30 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 859
|
Quote:
@snake - Andy Suriano, also responsible for the look of Samurai Jack, was s teacher at Cal Arts for 6 years, specifically 2010 -2016. Do you need more evidence or can we just agree that you like this schlock, and I hate it. My definition is sound, in all aspects. Last edited by TommyT; 11-25-2019 at 12:45 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#31 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,505
|
I liked Rise. I intend to finish it even if it is canceled after it’s current hiatus.
I do not think the FW cartoon has taken over. There’s merchandise and crossovers but that’s perfectly reasonable given how huge it was. I don’t see where it’s become all about that though. The Bay movies were the first time the FW cartoon sorta got adapted and they still did not do it well. Anyway there’s always something new being made in all franchises. Some stuff is better than others. You just have to wait.
__________________
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive, cause if you try, you can do anything. |
|
|
|
|
|
#32 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
|
I remember enjoying the Vol 4 letters pages seeing Laird angrily argue with people who didn’t like the comic. Or the people arguing about politics and George W Bush at the time and Al Gore and how Star Wars Episode III “blew it.”
God the more things change, the more they stay the same. |
|
|
|
|
|
#33 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,836
|
Quote:
But on that note, don't explain this to a millenial - they think they are the first people to do anything. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#34 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,089
|
Having watched "The Manhattan project" two-parter just yesterday, I can say: No, I'm not disillusioned by the TMNT Fandom. If anything, seeing as how "Rise" has finally started to get GOOD, I'm getting more amped up.
I'm working on a new fan comic which will be called "quiet time" I have my creative juices working overtime. And err...Snake what WERE you doing on E-hentai and finding my "A weird world" comic there?
__________________
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, "Mythbusters" |
|
|
|
|
|
#35 | |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,376
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#36 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,828
|
Quote:
By the way Rise, PowerPuff Girls and Samurai Jack has better perspective than any action figured style action cartoon from the 80s.
__________________
Last edited by PApagreg; 11-25-2019 at 10:16 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#37 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,994
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#38 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 1,597
|
Quote:
__________________
Donatello: The tracker! It might work. *Donatello goes to the back of the Turtle Van* Raphael: Shrewd move, Donatello. If we ignore the problem, it might go away by itself. (from The Mean Machines) |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#39 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 8,836
|
Quote:
Was that the first time a TMNT multi-verse was introduced? It was great.... |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#40 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,089
|
Quote:
"Manhattan Project" had it all: - The introduction of Tiger Claw - Top Notch fight scenes - the FW turtles. What's so laughable about me using that episode as a reference point for my art works?
__________________
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, "Mythbusters" |
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|