The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: So which is it??
Shredder as NOT voiced by James Avery 6 13.04%
TMNT 3 Splinter 7 15.22%
NT:TNM turtles 6 13.04%
New TMNT Comercials 24 52.17%
Other 3 6.52%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2004, 08:17 PM   #21
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
I'M SICK OF YOU TWO! JUST SHUT UP! SHUT THE HELL UP!
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:25 PM   #22
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Now, now, stay calm and polite, Michaelangelo.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:28 PM   #23
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
When you saw him post that you should have just left well enough alone. You're only going to get yourself in trouble.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:46 PM   #24
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
I'm not forcing my opinion down anyone's throat, I simple stated I dislike the voices. I have no problem with people liking them.

As for that 'Not this again' comment I made, sad to say it's difficult to miss the majority of anti-Venus/anti-NM posts. You've made yourself clear that you don't like the show, that's cool, just please cut back on bashing it. It's gotten to the point now I feel like I'm at some cocktail party having a lovly time, then all of a sudden the guy from work who won't leave me alone and can't stop pestering me about his favorite episode of Everybody loves Raymond is coming my way.
You're not gonna go and make another Next Mutation thread after this, are you?
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:50 PM   #25
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
If they try, this threads gonna be locked. Maybe we can have a NM filter made as well...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 09:21 PM   #26
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,407
HOORAH!
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 09:23 PM   #27
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
that would also mean that you couldnt bash it either...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 10:52 PM   #28
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,132
Someone mentioned the Alternate Raph voice, there was also an alternate voice for Donnie and Bebop. It was so...wrong. I remember one episode (super rocksteady and mighty bebop i think, at least it's on that video) where the alternate Donnie get's his head bumped. The turtles say, "are you okay, Donatello?" To which, alternate voice Don replies;"Donatello, who's Donatello?"

To which I replied: "Not you, sucka!"
__________________
"You're still news!"
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:16 PM   #29
remain in light
Thug
 
remain in light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: MD
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00
I remember one episode (super rocksteady and mighty bebop i think, at least it's on that video) where the alternate Donnie get's his head bumped. The turtles say, "are you okay, Donatello?" To which, alternate voice Don replies;"Donatello, who's Donatello?"

To which I replied: "Not you, sucka!"
Heh, yeah, the alternative Don and Raph voices ticked me off when I was growing up, too. Wasn't Don's alternative VA also Scooter on Muppet Babies? I voted for the stoopid commerical voices, though. They make baby Jesus cry.
remain in light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:42 PM   #30
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,132
That's right! It was scooter, i forgot about that.
__________________
"You're still news!"
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 06:37 AM   #31
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
ok.....i didn't intend this thread to be a NT:TNM bashing or support post.....it's just a forum for ur opinion on the absolute worst TMNT voices and if Jarrah wants to disagree and post jis opinion then let him. I didn't see enough NM eps to say...but i've heard that that's one rerason for the hate...please don't go at eachother's throth...again.....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 07:47 AM   #32
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist
 
raphael_is_cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
One thing I seem to notice is that while Zarius claims Jarrah is forcing his opinion on others (which he isn't really he just 'talks' a lot) Zarius is actually forcing his own upon Jarrah
Just an observation

Oh and on topic, I've never heard TNM voices but (and buslady won't be happy with me on this) I hate Raphael's voice in the first and second films (can't remember the third)
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 07:52 AM   #33
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
They both force each other's opinions. We know them, they've made it known, They should just accept that people disagree with them and shut it.


As for the voice. I gotta say Splinter from the third movie. Blah, I wanted to hide when he spoke...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 07:58 AM   #34
TheRATKING
Stone Warrior
 
TheRATKING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael_is_cool
Oh and on topic, I've never heard TNM voices but (and buslady won't be happy with me on this) I hate Raphael's voice in the first and second films (can't remember the third)
i like that voice now but i remember that when i was a kid i didnt like it i dont know why tho
__________________


"The riddle is yours... that which can sustain you is within your reach... but not yet within your grasp"
R.K. issue 55 vol. 1
TheRATKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 07:59 AM   #35
raphael_is_cool
Mad Scientist
 
raphael_is_cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: England
Posts: 2,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRATKING
i like that voice now but i remember that when i was a kid i didnt like it i dont know why tho
Are you saying I'm immature?
raphael_is_cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 08:08 AM   #36
Orochi Chimera
Mad Scientist
 
Orochi Chimera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,289
I definitely didn't like the alternative voices for Raph or Shredder.
__________________

Orochi Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 09:49 AM   #37
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00
Someone mentioned the Alternate Raph voice, there was also an alternate voice for Donnie and Bebop. It was so...wrong. I remember one episode (super rocksteady and mighty bebop i think, at least it's on that video) where the alternate Donnie get's his head bumped. The turtles say, "are you okay, Donatello?" To which, alternate voice Don replies;"Donatello, who's Donatello?"

To which I replied: "Not you, sucka!"
LOL, I remember that one. You're thinking of the scene in "The Mutagen Monster" which was included in the "Super Rocksteady and Mighty Bebop" video. I never really minded the substitute voices for the turtles, or Krang for that matter. However, I did mind it when they replaced Avery with Jim Cummings as Shredder. It just wasn't the appropriote quality.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 12:07 PM   #38
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee
They both force each other's opinions. We know them, they've made it known, They should just accept that people disagree with them and shut it.


As for the voice. I gotta say Splinter from the third movie. Blah, I wanted to hide when he spoke...
Yeah, I did'nt pay much attention to it

"Ha Ha I made a funny"=GOLD
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 12:57 PM   #39
Krangfan
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: In a house
Posts: 434
Oh God, hard choices! Well, I don't really recall seeing much of any alternate Shredder voices, but I didn't like what I DID hear.

Splinter's third movie voice was also horrible

and in Next Mutation, I saw a clip, and I think it was Raph who sounded like Carlos from Transformers Armada ( )

and the new toy commericals...... BLAH!


where's the "I can't choose they're all pretty bad" option?
__________________
"Home is where you hang your hat"
-Krang's favorite phrase

Krang owns!
Krangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 03:09 PM   #40
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael
LOL, I remember that one. You're thinking of the scene in "The Mutagen Monster" which was included in the "Super Rocksteady and Mighty Bebop" video.
yeah, that's right. Thanks man. I knew it was one of them. I don't own that one myself. Since I"m posting, i'll do another one that I never really like. Casey Jones in the old toon. For starters, he was SEVERELY underused, for the second, his voice was horrible. Kinda reminds me of old Clint Eastwood movies. Was Casey in any of the video's that got released?
__________________
"You're still news!"
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.