The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2009, 04:39 PM   #381
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Now, I see your avatar so this is probably a dumb question, but: Do you even know who Shredder is?
rofl! my bad, i guess i shouln't have put Shredder!
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:03 PM   #382
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,676
It'll mostly be just movie characters and guy from 2K3/BTTS. Anyone actually expecting 80's character is in for a let down.

Also Hun has longer legs in BBTS, he's drawn more in proportion now.
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 10:13 PM   #383
Cipher
Foot Elite
 
Cipher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,454
While some old toon characters would be nice, I'll be more than content with a Mirage line-up. It's my favorite incarnation and it definately deserves more attention. Honestly, I'd rather have any Mirage exclusive character (like Complete Carnage or Cha Ocho) than an old toon character.

But if they are going a strictly Mirage route, I really really hope that they make red bandanas an alternate costume for each Turtle. It'll seem really strange having everything else resemble the comics and seeing Donatello run around in his little purple mask.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #384
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
well, i'll definately rent it first before i buy it
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #385
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,190
I don't mind the turtles, but the fact that they used the movie design for Splinter pisses me off.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #386
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715
The TMNT blog's been updated again, BTW.
__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #387
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranigmaFreak View Post
The TMNT blog's been updated again, BTW.
... Not since yesterday....
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:38 PM   #388
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,780
I really hope Casey and Karai aren't their movie designs too, but it seems like it will if they're in it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:27 AM   #389
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,175
I like the CG designs so i don't mind the turtles using them, or using Casey/Karai's movie designs either.


But while I don't mind I really was hoping they'd be original designs that look like the cover of the game/NP magazine. You know since they aren't tied to any show...but oh well that ship sailed.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #390
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
With the advent of this rumoured Turtles in Time remake, perhaps it's not such a stretch after all to get some of the old toon/movie characters into the game....
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #391
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
With the advent of this rumoured Turtles in Time remake, perhaps it's not such a stretch after all to get some of the old toon/movie characters into the game....
I guess I haven't heard about that one. Any leads?

EDIT:
Oh, hot dog!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=27085
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:50 AM   #392
StealthNinjaScyther
Foot Soldier
 
StealthNinjaScyther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 208
http://blogs.ign.com/Ubi_TMNT/2009/05/06/119756/

Updated again. I like that we're getting information like this, but when are we going to see the game in action?
StealthNinjaScyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:45 PM   #393
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior
 
LeoNerdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
most likely at or near E3 about a month from now.
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:49 PM   #394
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist
 
Tuxedo Moroboshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Battle Nexus
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
With the advent of this rumoured Turtles in Time remake, perhaps it's not such a stretch after all to get some of the old toon/movie characters into the game....
Not so much of a rumor now, considering the photos and video footage.

Well, the logo for the game is already very akin to retro, so with Turtles in Time getting a remake, I think the chances of seeing Rocksteady, Bebop, and Krang just went up by quite a bit.

I think that a bunch of 2k3/2k7 characters is already a given, but I'm glad to see that now there really is a good chance of some OT characters!

As doubtful as I am of this, if we can also get Mirage's Bloodsucker, I'll be a happy camper.

And pushing past wishful thinking and right into delirious fantasy, I wouldn't mind seeing Asuka/Aska from Tournament Fighters return. Ya, I know it almost definitely will not happen, but I just figured that since they're already releasing a remake of a classic Konami TMNT game, maybe there's a small, tiny chance that they could use a Konami TMNT character... ah, I really should put this thought to rest, because I already know it's not gonna happen.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:20 AM   #395
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist
 
Blade Raider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Prince of Crime View Post
And pushing past wishful thinking and right into delirious fantasy, I wouldn't mind seeing Asuka/Aska from Tournament Fighters return. Ya, I know it almost definitely will not happen, but I just figured that since they're already releasing a remake of a classic Konami TMNT game, maybe there's a small, tiny chance that they could use a Konami TMNT character... ah, I really should put this thought to rest, because I already know it's not gonna happen.
I think we have a better chance of Venus in this game



I'm not getting my hopes up for OT characters yet. Mostly because I have a bad feeling there won't be any because of TiT remake. That may not make sense to most, but it makes Laird sense to me. He thinks we don't need new closer to the OT versions of the toys because the originals '88 molds are "good enough." I can see him thinking that we are getting a remake of TiT, so new game doesn't need OT characters because they are already in a game this year and that's "good enough."

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO hope this is NOT the case, but I always expect the worst when dealing with OT characters as they seem to always get the short straw.


As of right now, there's no way we can tell and I'm just thinking out loud. I'm hopful that we'll get a better idea of this game when E3 comes around. Here's hoping we at least get a list of characters in the roster other than the "duh" characters.
__________________

Last edited by Blade Raider; 05-08-2009 at 01:05 AM.
Blade Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:59 AM   #396
Lil G
Stone Warrior
 
Lil G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In west philadelphia born and raised...
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
I think we have a better chance of Venus in this game
No we don't.
Lil G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:15 AM   #397
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist
 
Tuxedo Moroboshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Battle Nexus
Posts: 1,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
That may not make sense to most, but it makes Laird sense to me. He thinks we don't need new closer to the OT versions of the toys because the originals '88 molds are "good enough." I can see him thinking that we are getting a remake of TiT, so new game doesn't need OT characters because they are already in a game this year and that's "good enough."
Hmmm... suddenly, I'm not quite as optimistic.

I really hope this isn't the case, though. Even if it's JUST those three characters and no other OT characters (though ideally there ARE other OT characters I'd want, as well), I could be satisfied. I want this game to be a TRUE crossover that includes characters from EVERY iteration of the Turtles.

I'm still hoping, but I can totally see what you're saying. Peter Laird does seem to be a little too against the OT. Honestly, though, I don't think including those characters will necessarily make the story he's writing for the game bad. The biggest aspect of the OT that could be considered negative is how overly childish it was, but including characters from that show would not automatically render this game to slapstick OT antics. I dunno, just my thoughts on it.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:10 PM   #398
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior
 
LeoNerdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
First Footage here! Only 20 seconds worth unfortunately.
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:30 PM   #399
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
About damn time!
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #400
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist
 
Tuxedo Moroboshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Battle Nexus
Posts: 1,127
Donatello definitely looks like a blast to play as... which is good, since he's my favorite Turtle.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ubisoft


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.