The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 10:26 AM   #421
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
We weren't told much about the actual origin story, but the tidbits that we did get were (potentially) really awesome.
That's good to hear. The first thing they said was the turtles would act far more like teenagers in this version and their relationships would be better established...

This made me fear that the Turtles were actually human teenagers going to school before they get mutated. As long as they stay pet shop turtles, that's fine with me.

Also, did you guys hear Splinter's origin? Any idea if he's going to be a rat or Hamato Yoshi again?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:42 AM   #422
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Also, did you guys hear Splinter's origin? Any idea if he's going to be a rat or Hamato Yoshi again?
Just tidbits and yes.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:52 AM   #423
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
Regarding the Playmates toyline, does it seem Playmates is putting some effort into the figures this time around?

Granted the 2k3 line did start off really going in the beginning too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:56 AM   #424
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Regarding the Playmates toyline, does it seem Playmates is putting some effort into the figures this time around?
I liked some of what I saw from Playmates.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:16 AM   #425
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
I notice how you guys finally mention other characters, like Splinter and Shredder.

Did you guys see any other secondary characters? April? The Foot Soldiers? Any other villains?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:21 AM   #426
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Amidst all the hoopla Wednesday, did anyone manage to think about and ask about the possibility of future comics?
__________________

Last edited by Venom; 03-31-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:39 AM   #427
TerranigmaFreak
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 715
Thanks for all the information, guys. I'm very excited and very curious from all the impressions.
__________________


First footage of the new R rated TMNT movie.
TerranigmaFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:20 PM   #428
Buffy
Mad Scientist
 
Buffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: where am I?
Posts: 1,472
It sounds like it was a wonderfull experience. Thanks for sharing all this cool info!
__________________



Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
Buffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:31 PM   #429
Sword Slicin' Leo
Stone Warrior
 
Sword Slicin' Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 11th & Bleeker
Posts: 763
So whats the big deal? its just a pizza box, not even the real kind of a pizza box? I dont see what the big fuss is about...
Sword Slicin' Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:37 PM   #430
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword Slicin' Leo View Post
So whats the big deal? its just a pizza box, not even the real kind of a pizza box? I dont see what the big fuss is about...
Have you read any of this thread?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:39 PM   #431
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword Slicin' Leo View Post
So whats the big deal? its just a pizza box, not even the real kind of a pizza box? I dont see what the big fuss is about...
Dunno if this is tongue in cheek or no. What happened is that the recipents of the pizzas got a trip to nickelodeon studios in which they got some exclusive TMNT info.

For more info, clicky below

http://ninja-pizza.blogspot.com/

http://gogreenmachine.org/
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:40 PM   #432
Sword Slicin' Leo
Stone Warrior
 
Sword Slicin' Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 11th & Bleeker
Posts: 763
Well i am sure as hell not gonna read thru 21 or 22 damn pages...i read the first page and heard it was just a pizza from a local chain....a trip to Nick is cool,i guess
Sword Slicin' Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:41 PM   #433
Sword Slicin' Leo
Stone Warrior
 
Sword Slicin' Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: 11th & Bleeker
Posts: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by discordiatookie View Post
Dunno if this is tongue in cheek or no. What happened is that the recipents of the pizzas got a trip to nickelodeon studios in which they got some exclusive TMNT info.

For more info, clicky below

http://ninja-pizza.blogspot.com/

http://gogreenmachine.org/
But right on! for the info...
Sword Slicin' Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:49 PM   #434
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword Slicin' Leo View Post
Well i am sure as hell not gonna read thru 21 or 22 damn pages...
You should, it is a good read...

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:50 PM   #435
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
but I think Nickelodeon persuaded some of you to like it with the enticement/excitement of gifts and VIP treatment.
I just wanted to touch on this and say that despite having stuff thrown at us left and right I didn't feel like they were trying to buy my approval, and I didn't get that overall vibe from the event. Yes, they totally went all out and made the experience amazing in every way possible. But this was a really small group of people they invited, and they were all genuine TMNT fans. There were absolutely no wannabe fans from big media websites. Some of us do happen to have blogs and stuff, but others had simply shown their enthusiasm through YouTube videos or cosplay or t-shirt designs. Also consider the fact that we can't talk about most of what we saw. Nickelodeon is gonna blow people over with their own media power when they want to; having us show you the pics we got are really just small pebbles in a big pond. I expect we'll all be seeing the video shown at the end of the day rather soon - if not before Comic-Con, then at Comic-Con.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:55 PM   #436
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
It's interesting to see how different the 3D models are compared to the released Artwork, not just a design tweak, but a anatomy change.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #437
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Wow what a day Wednesday was!
I got to meet so many fans and so many people from nick and playmates.
I liked most of what I saw, especially the toys (dcuc type of collector line omg dies happy).
There are some elements of the show I 100% hated and while it's not a "deal breaker" for me, I do hope they change it before the show starts.
The 3 toes when I noticed it on the toys really bothered me...maybe if it was done better but it looks like a tiny birth defect toe than hangs off another toe.
They told us not everything is final and to keep that in mind which I can some people didn't.
I'm just as big a TMNT as anyone if not more so some times.
The animatic we saw was very cool even though it may never see the light of day, I was very pleased that old faces I know and love are there.
I think we're in store for a very amazing ride with this in the years to come.
This to me is only just the start to a new life for the TMNT.
Anyway I was over all impressed, I was happy I got to mouth off and mention things and finally after all these years meet Rob Paulson, Ken Mitchroney, & talk to Playmates and get things off my chest that have been on it for a long ass time.
It's a good time to be a turtle fan, it's a slow start but when it picks up you're all going to go broke! hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
I always thought the two-toed Turtles looked as if their feet were modeled after Tabi boots that are commonly seen with Ninja uniforms. That's why I don't like the three toes as much. However, it's a minor detail that I'm willing to overlook.

If I could see a Turtle in an actual environment from the show I'd have more to say than, "That looks pretty cool."
Not many people there liked them, it could change..who knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oculus Orbus View Post
Sorry for multiple posting, but:

"Playmates made a presentation about their new toyline and showed a large cross section of the first wave of figures, vehicles, and playsets."

I dunno if I'm more excited or afraid.
You should be very very very excited, and this is coming from me.
We're getting what we've been waiting a very long time for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Just curious, did any of you ask them if Nick ever tried to buy the rights of the original series from Fred Wolf/Lionsgate?

It'd be nice to see all 3 series owned by the same company.
They have the rights to release merch based on the old toon so one could only assume that they can. Give it some time man, this is only just the start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post


You got to sit in on a table read....with ROB PAULSEN!!!

*head esplode*
Yep, talked with him ate some pizza and shook his hand.
He's freaking awesome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoonistaaron View Post
The drawings look fantastic! They have an old school Mirage Studios / Frank Miller vibe!

...But the CGI model looks terrible! What's the deal, is it just an early model?
I'm not big on the cg still either but it's all in the very early stages of the show.
I have faith that the final product will be something everyone loves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Wow, Rose, I don't think I've heard you be optimistic about the TMNT's future for years!

That flash drive also sounds pretty cool.
That's how you know for a fact Nickelodeon means business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Huh. I didn't know you were so displeased when you left. I mean, to each their own opinion obviously, I guess I just didn't get that vibe off you.
I didn't get that vibe either, well besides if they asked him at one point at the end if he liked something and he looked pissed and shook his head no. lol

I'm such a stickler for things and very opinionated and while I didn't like everything I could tell they really care and want to make an amazing show.
So I left there feeling hopeful for the future of characters that means a great deal to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
you will not understand what they did until u see for yourself. I love the first movie the 2k7 movie was okay and the 2k3 series was okay until it got into fast forward
Ah! You just don't like change. I get it. While they have done quite a bit of changing to things we know, I am more than happy that we are once again getting a new world.
With that said, I told them what I liked and didn't. I'm sure there is time to change things or they wouldn't have asked us for feedback at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Especially Splinter for me. The actor NAILED it.
It's funny, he's the only one I didn't really care for lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
I'm especially interested in what the Shredder looks like.
Evil as hell and amazing design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Same here, also Splinter.
He's perfect dude!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
Everyone is entitled to like what they like, and like Stefan said "To each his own", but I think Nickelodeon persuaded some of you to like it with the enticement/excitement of gifts and VIP treatment.
Dude, I'm sorry but that's a load of ********.
I'm one of the biggest vocaly opinionated mothers out there and I flat out hated like 3 things.
I really think you're overreacting and it's not as bad as you're making it.
But I find myself outside when it comes to being a fan as I enjoy all of the incarnations for what they are and what each one is is different than the last.
If you're coming into this expecting the turtles cartoons of the past then you might as well pack your bags and leave now.
While all the elements are around they have been changed and modified to fit a different universe.
But in no way shape or form did Nickelodeon bribe me with anything.
They didn't have to give me ****, fly me out there or talk directly to me and my opinion of this new show would be exactly the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icegaze View Post
Can you tell us if the fighting sequences are very fluide and ninja-ish? More so than the 2k3 series? Thanks in advance!

The quality of the hand to hand combat scenes will play a huge part in whether I will like the action or not.
They are working very hard on this and studying actual things to make it the best possible. I really think when all is said and done you'll be impressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
We weren't told much about the actual origin story, but the tidbits that we did get were (potentially) really awesome.
I agree 100% Especially with a certain master we all know and love.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Regarding the Playmates toyline, does it seem Playmates is putting some effort into the figures this time around?

Granted the 2k3 line did start off really going in the beginning too.
I was pretty much drooling..so take that for what it's worth.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:39 PM   #438
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
The fact that you're this ecstatic about the new toys, Vaughn, gives me the greatest of hope. I'm very very glad to hear this.

But hey, should we expect any less? Dooney took part in designing them.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:04 PM   #439
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
But Powder, hasn't Dooney been involved in toy designs in the past?

And it's good to hear that our resident awesome customizer thinks the offerings of Playmates Wave 1 (Though to be fair, as said before, Playmates first wave is often their best wave...) and that they are DCU-esque brings a warm fuzzy feeling to my heart.

Still a little jealous about the Rob Paulsen bit...but I'll live.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:06 PM   #440
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
But Powder, hasn't Dooney been involved in toy designs in the past?
Yeah, but not TMNT (those sucked). We all know that most designs of the past were great, but weren't executed properly on Playmates side of things (not in the 2000's that is). Maybe they're actually making the toys look like his art, for once.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.