The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you like the idea of the turtles being aleins?
Absolutly! 5 2.70%
It doesn't matter to me 29 15.68%
Terrible! 151 81.62%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 05:53 AM   #421
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
It's a derogatory term when most of them don't know what the hell they're talking about. GRR.
And there it is.

What's the problem if they don't know EVERYTHING. If they say they're a fan then what's the issue? They don't need to know every crack of the ass mirage side-character to 'qualify' in the eyes of people that live and die by Ninja Turtles. It's a cartoon. Who cares if you know more than the next guy.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:05 AM   #422
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
but the truth is I'm just sitting here shrugging, going, "Meh. The last 4 weren't good either... what's changed? What's one more horrible one?"
And what would YOU have? Boring generic killathon? You're out of touch with reality and you lack virtually any imagination, stop pretending what you "think" is general consensus and the end-all/be-all. The truth is you're nobody, you're a butt-hurt Mirage sheep who keeps throwing his teddy around because the original vision will never be realized by Hollywood or ANY medium outside of a few niche comics nobody reads. Why? Very simple..it's not that f*cking interesting.

And TMNT was a good movie. Just because a few dumbf*cks agreed with your view on it later down the road doesnt make it a failiure in the eyes of many who DID enjoy it. I know you HATE the fact people ENJOY anything that isnt the original vision, but that's reality for you. Eat it.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 03-21-2012 at 06:11 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:29 AM   #423
MrPliggins
Foot Elite
 
MrPliggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
This was a front page story on CNN. Personally I think it's being blown out of proportion. True, it's lame to make them aliens, but it's not worth the big commotion it's caused. There are other problems in the world. I could say "just don't watch it", but most of us will probably watch it regardless of the content. They could have Splinter as a part-time clown at the circus and we'd still watch it.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:45 AM   #424
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
And what would YOU have? Boring generic killathon? You're out of touch with reality and you lack virtually any imagination, stop pretending what you "think" is general consensus and the end-all/be-all. The truth is you're nobody, you're a butt-hurt Mirage sheep who keeps throwing his teddy around because the original vision will never be realized by Hollywood or ANY medium outside of a few niche comics nobody reads. Why? Very simple..it's not that f*cking interesting.
Or he defused his pals expectations to be entertained by nerd raging by just stating his opinion of the movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
And TMNT was a good movie.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:15 AM   #425
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
You know, I've been thinking more about the alien thing, and it really doesn't sound that bad if you think about it. Maybe they'll go the route that instead of the Turtles being pet shop turtles, maybe they were raised by the Utroms who crash landed on Earth. In that context, they really would be from an alien race. After all, how many times did people mistake them for aliens anyway? Bishop even thought they were at one time if I recall correctly.

So, I wouldn't get all upset about it. I agree it may not be the best premise, but until we have more info other than Bay's video, there really isn't much to worry about just yet.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #426
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
I don't really have a stance either way but I've always found it humorous that the people who want TMNT to be more 'mature' usually follow that up with 'MO BLOOD AND CURSE WORDS!' sounding like a 12 year old that just saw his first R rated movie.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #427
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
I just wish they'd adapt City at War with Baxter and the Mousers thrown in.

Have Shredder alive, the Foot trying to take control of the city, Baxter and the Mousers being involved...hints of Baxter being changed toward the end of the movie, etc.

Its really not that hard to make a decent Turtle movie.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #428
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior
 
Toby Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 946
That certainly wouldn't be a good one. It's far too crammed with crap that could make two seperate movies on their own.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #429
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I just wish they'd adapt City at War with Baxter and the Mousers thrown in.

Have Shredder alive, the Foot trying to take control of the city, Baxter and the Mousers being involved...hints of Baxter being changed toward the end of the movie, etc.

Its really not that hard to make a decent Turtle movie.
I gotta agree with the 'Cubed man. Some re-tweaking and this is the ideal Turtles flick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
I don't really have a stance either way but I've always found it humorous that the people who want TMNT to be more 'mature' usually follow that up with 'MO BLOOD AND CURSE WORDS!' sounding like a 12 year old that just saw his first R rated movie.
I don't need more blood and curse words for TMNT to be delivered in a mature context. It's all about the writing. I still have very high hopes for this movie.

Side note about Mednick: wasn't he involved with 300?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Barrett View Post
That certainly wouldn't be a good one. It's far too crammed with crap that could make two seperate movies on their own.
Idk man, it worked with The Dark Knight - having Joker as the main baddie but Two-Face was sick on his own. It could be the same for a Shredder/Baxter thing.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:49 AM   #430
Rat A Tat
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 184
Vanilla Ice Weighs In On Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles As Aliens

It looks like there might be one person who isn’t upset over Michael Bay transforming the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles into aliens. Vanilla Ice, who famously rapped “Ninja Rap” in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze, doesn’t seem to care that the Turtles might become aliens.

Vanilla Ice has been campaigning on Twitter to get a new version of his classic “Ninja Rap” in the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. Vanilla Ice tweeted, “We have to campaign for NINJA RAP 2 for the new movie — so awesome !!! NINJAS RULE !”

When informed that Michael Bay was turning the Turtles into aliens, Vanilla Ice tweeted, “Aliens or not they are still NINJA’S !!! Represent !!! Whoop whoop !”




Lol Vanilla Ice.

I wonder, though, if the only reason he doesn't care about the turtles being aliens is that he's trying to commission to record "Ninja Rap 2"?
__________________
Possess the right thinking. Only then can one receive the gifts of strength, knowledge and peace.
Rat A Tat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:19 AM   #431
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Actually now is the perfect time to pitch a fit. If the idea is **** and there's no way it could possibly be good its better we speak up now before it gets made possibly preventing it. Kinda like Spider-man 4.
Spider-Man 4 wasn't made because the studio and director had a serious falling out. Nothing to do with fan outcry. Fans moaning will make no difference, because the vast majority of the audience (about 98%) will not be made up of TMNT fans. Not even "casuals".
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:24 AM   #432
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat A Tat View Post
I wonder, though, if the only reason he doesn't care about the turtles being aliens is that he's trying to commission to record "Ninja Rap 2"?
LMAO! Definitely trying to rep his own broke ass.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #433
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Hey guys, I read an article that says the guy who voiced Leo in the original films is supporting the alien origin idea. I can't post a link right now so can someone else do please?
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:19 AM   #434
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat A Tat View Post
I wonder, though, if the only reason he doesn't care about the turtles being aliens is that he's trying to commission to record "Ninja Rap 2"?
He isn't trying to get it commissioned... he already recorded Ninja Rap 2.

Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #435
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048


Jim Lawson is apparently as amused as the rest of us!

He just posted this on Facebook with the message "Hey Michael Bay-"

Also I like TMNT

Was it the best movie ever.... no, it wasn't even the best Turtles movie; but I do find it enjoyable and like a lot of what they tired to do with the film. It's like watching an animated version of a Tales comic. Probably not the best choice for bringing the franchise back to the big screen but I honestly don't understand why people act like it was so terrible.
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson

Last edited by FearlessLeader; 03-21-2012 at 11:59 AM.
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #436
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
I don’t think TMNT was terrible. The relationship between the brothers was spot on, IMO, as well the characterisation of each of them. I just really have a problem with the uninspired, juvenile story.

Luckily the best thing about the film was actually the Turtles themselves.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #437
SLASH!!!
Foot Soldier
 
SLASH!!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lurking in the Shadows
Posts: 125
This whole thing is giving me flash backs to a few years ago when Warner Bros. almost made a Justice League movie that would have come out in 09 and had a Batman that wasn't Bale. The backlash agaisnt the movie coming out so soon after the Dark Knight, the rest of the cast of nobodys and people saying the script was eh. None of that stopped the movie. An inablity to get tax breaks did it in. And maybe Nolan said WTF.
SLASH!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #438
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant
 
shezcrafti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The East warehouse over at Lairdman island.
Posts: 367
If this has been posted already, mods please feel free to remove.

Peter Laird updated his blog in response to "Turtles as Aliens." Here is a paraphrase:

Over the years, I have made no secret of my distaste for what I consider to be the weak, facile, creatively bankrupt idea which can be summed up like this:

It's possible that with enough truly creative brainpower applied to this idea, it might actually work. I'm not saying it's probable, or even somewhat likely… but it IS possible.

However, as I have pondered this further, I have realized that in one way it IS truly a genius notion. Let me explain…

"If FOUR Ninja Turtles are good, then FIVE (or more) Ninja Turtles MUST be better!"

It was in large part this brain-dead notion that led to the creation of the execrable "Venus de Milo" character in the blessedly short-lived live action TV series "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation". And I can't tell you how many times we got mail in the early years of the Turtles from people who thought it was simply an amazing idea to do a "fifth Turtle", and how many times those same people suggested that this fifth Turtle be named "Picasso". And many times, the brilliant idea to explain this extra Turtle was that, instead of there being just four pet shop turtles in that glass bowl in the origin story, there were really FIVE.

Sigh.

Anyway, to get back to the "TMNT are aliens" thing -- the reason I say it could be a "genius" idea is that -- for the first time -- someone has come up with a way to have as many freakin' Turtles as they want. I mean, if the TMNT are actually members of an alien race, there could be a whole PLANET of them!

Joy. -- PL
__________________
Shellebrating 25+ Years of TMNT History [Infographic]



All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #439
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
And there it is.

What's the problem if they don't know EVERYTHING. If they say they're a fan then what's the issue? They don't need to know every crack of the ass mirage side-character to 'qualify' in the eyes of people that live and die by Ninja Turtles. It's a cartoon. Who cares if you know more than the next guy.
What mainly gets me is people who act like they know every nuance and then make themselves look like a fool because they don't. I'll readily admit I know next to nothing about the Mirage comics. I think it all boils down to following this old Abraham Lincoln quote: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Tehe. Now that's gold.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656

Last edited by Jester; 03-21-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #440
Master of the Foot Clan
Foot Soldier
 
Master of the Foot Clan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: California
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
I don’t think TMNT was terrible. The relationship between the brothers was spot on, IMO, as well the characterisation of each of them. I just really have a problem with the uninspired, juvenile story.

Luckily the best thing about the film was actually the Turtles themselves.
Exactly. The story and relationship of the brothers is important and sometimes lightly touched upon and they really explored that in this movie -which I loved. I was very skeptical about TMNT the movie until I saw it. I didn't watch it until last year because I didn't want to watch another botched attempt at the Turtles. You can tell they spent a lot of time and research on making the relationships realistic and showing the characteristics of the individual turtles and their individual personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shezcrafti View Post
If this has been posted already, mods please feel free to remove.

Peter Laird updated his blog in response to "Turtles as Aliens." Here is a paraphrase:

Over the years, I have made no secret of my distaste for what I consider to be the weak, facile, creatively bankrupt idea which can be summed up like this:

It's possible that with enough truly creative brainpower applied to this idea, it might actually work. I'm not saying it's probable, or even somewhat likely… but it IS possible.

However, as I have pondered this further, I have realized that in one way it IS truly a genius notion. Let me explain…

"If FOUR Ninja Turtles are good, then FIVE (or more) Ninja Turtles MUST be better!"

It was in large part this brain-dead notion that led to the creation of the execrable "Venus de Milo" character in the blessedly short-lived live action TV series "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation". And I can't tell you how many times we got mail in the early years of the Turtles from people who thought it was simply an amazing idea to do a "fifth Turtle", and how many times those same people suggested that this fifth Turtle be named "Picasso". And many times, the brilliant idea to explain this extra Turtle was that, instead of there being just four pet shop turtles in that glass bowl in the origin story, there were really FIVE.

Sigh.

Anyway, to get back to the "TMNT are aliens" thing -- the reason I say it could be a "genius" idea is that -- for the first time -- someone has come up with a way to have as many freakin' Turtles as they want. I mean, if the TMNT are actually members of an alien race, there could be a whole PLANET of them!

Joy. -- PL
He's right. It IS possible. We have to always remember that until things become more publicly available and more details come forward. I'm sure Michael Bay has given this lots of thought and it's not just a whim. He's pretty successful at this. I'm willing to bet there is a method to the madness and we might be pleasantly surprised.
Master of the Foot Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cancelled media, depressing, gay


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.