The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 02:13 PM   #441
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
What an amazing event... There's nothing I can really add to what Stephan, Rose and Vaughn have said. I am super excited about this - yeah, there are some things that have to be tweaked. They're still in early stages, they can fix things... But meeting Rob Paulson, Jason Biggs and Ken Mitchroney was an extra special treat!

As for the invites and the swag, I'm 100% in agreement with what Vaughn said - I like most of the incarnations of the tmnt, so hoping for it to be 100% exactly like a previous incarnation... Not gonna happen. This is a whole new set of minds working on this franchise.

I'll probably sit down and right up more on this once I'm more awake..
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:28 PM   #442
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Just want to thank everyone for taking the time to write the reviews I am now REALLY excited for the toys *laughs*

I do have the feeling I am going to be VERY broke next year
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:34 PM   #443
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
I'm glad to read that Shredder looks evil and menacing. The thing I'm wondering is whether it'll be something more in-tune with Shredder pre-2k3 or if it'll be that armored Shredder we've been getting since 2k3. Honestly, I want Shredder to be, as Nick put it, Ninja-ier. All that armor in 2k3 went aganst that notion.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:39 PM   #444
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icegaze View Post
¬Snip¬
Oh hell yes. Snipping here as well. I can't believe I have missed so much in about a day of not checking this thread. I am so excited for this...especially the figures...
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:39 PM   #445
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGro View Post
I think some of you would settle for green stick figures as long as it had the TMNT logo on it

Nope. I'm pretty damn sure this **** still sucks horrendously.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:02 PM   #446
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Yea, a big THANK YOU!, too Rose, Vaugn, and the rest of you for sharing your experiences.

As long as there are no silly gimmicks, to make this show stand apart from the rest, it sounds like it'll be great. I am fine with changes being made, as long as they are for the sake of telling a good story.

I only have one question for those of you who were there....


Does the series at least seem to stick to the concept of "four outcast brothers trying to find their place in the world, while avenging and protecting their master splinter"? To me, as long as that concept is in place, we are safe.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:07 PM   #447
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post

Nope. I'm pretty damn sure this **** still sucks horrendously.
He doesn't have the right number of toes. Only then will I be happy.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:09 PM   #448
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Does he even have toes?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:10 PM   #449
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Nope. I'm pretty damn sure this **** still sucks horrendously.
LOL!!!

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:11 PM   #450
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
The Turtles are now human teenagers who got mutated into Turtle-men and who attend public school when their mutations wear off. April is a classmate of the Turtles and Splinter (as Hamato Yoshi), is the principal of the school.

The Turtles have a secret HQ where their alarm rings ala Titans Tower, and they go out to fight the forces of evil and protect humanity.

The Turtles all have girlfriends at school, (except for Don, as his human form is a nerd), and they must hide their secret identities from their classmates. Mike is portrayed as a pizza addict as a toned down version of drugs and/or alchohol.

The evil Shredder now leads a band of mutants that replaced the Foot Soldiers, and is using them to bring NYC under his control. The Turtles and their Sensei must overcome this threat at all odds, while also staying in school and fighting for that last slice of pizza.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:13 PM   #451
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Also, they look like mummies from head to toe. It has nothing to do with martial artists wearing wraps or anything like that.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:23 PM   #452
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
I really like the three toes...
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:39 PM   #453
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
I want to join in the thanks for those that provided reviews.
(Seriously, my envy grows by leaps and bounds each day!)

It's strange, but Joe's controversy has only made me MORE excited about the project. Now I really want to see what was done, for good or bad. I guess it's true what they say: Bad press is still press.

I really like what I've seen so far, minus the superfluous third toe. The overall character designs remind me of early oldschool Eastman mixed with a bit of Farley, and there ain't nothin' wrong with that! I'm overjoyed with what I've heard second hand of the voice acting.

I'm trying to think of things that would be a dealbreaker for me, and am only coming up with Venus. Seriously, I realize I'm tempting fate by saying this, but there's precious little that they could do to the turtles that would make me swear them off forever. Though if they could somehow avoid giving Splinter man-feet, I'd love them forever.

... well maybe not forever. But as long as the shows run at least.

In the end I know the 30+ year old female market isn't one they're really aiming at, so if it's not for me I'll just return to my longboxes for my turtle fix.

Again, thanks to those that attended for sharing what they're able.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:48 PM   #454
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Amidst all the hoopla Wednesday, did anyone manage to think about and ask about the possibility of future comics?
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:19 PM   #455
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
I actually did mention I wanted to see comics, as long as it had nothing to do with this new series. I'm not going back to quote but I was asked about which TMNT I grew up on, the answer is the OT cartoon series, the original movie and the Mirage/Archie Comics. But as I stated before I've liked various incarnations of the TMNT, just not this one, or Fast Forward, or the Next Mutation. Has anyone seen my artwork? Because if you have you'll notice I never draw the TMNT the same way twice, I'm totally up for different artistic approaches to their look, but there are certain things you just don't futz with just as well you wouldn't take away Mickey Mouses ears, just as you wouldn't take away Superman's S, just as you wouldn't change Bumblebee from the Transformers from a VW into a Camaro.....oh wait they did do that.

Last edited by JoeGro; 03-31-2011 at 04:28 PM.
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:27 PM   #456
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
For those of you interested in the 'third toe' in its official capacity, clickity-click!

Spoiler:


(Taken from, as said before in here, Solson's How To Draw TMNT, published 1986)
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:35 PM   #457
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Stuff I asked for during the breakout session:
Novels - Real, actual novels. Not children's book crap.
Female-focused stuff - Because overpriced crappy t-shirts from Hot Topic don't count for **** and dammit, there's a lot of us!
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:36 PM   #458
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by discordiatookie View Post
For those of you interested in the 'third toe' in its official capacity, clickity-click!

(Taken from, as said before in here, Solson's How To Draw TMNT, published 1986)[/SPOILER]
It's true that the heel has been referred to as the third toe, but the way they have it designed right now is completely different.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:38 PM   #459
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
I wonder if it have been brought up in any of the comics, besides for Eastman an Lairds early issues where they have long heels/back toe. I think the only other artist that I can remember having a long heel on the turtles are Jim Lawson
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:40 PM   #460
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
You make it sound like they are taking away the masks or something Joe...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.