The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #441
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,672
Crappy movies do big in china? Wut?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline  
Old 10-20-2014, 05:02 PM   #442
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Crappy movies do big in china? Wut?
Do you have to try and start this argument in every single thread?

This is about box office stuff. The previous thread used for it was derailed because of that crap. Stick to the review threads if you MUST talk about how much it 'sucked'.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@

Last edited by The Stryker; 10-20-2014 at 05:09 PM.
The Stryker is offline  
Old 10-20-2014, 05:09 PM   #443
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Big action movies make bank in China (regardless of one's perceived quality of said movie), so there is a precedence for it.
__________________
Cure is offline  
Old 10-20-2014, 06:51 PM   #444
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Do you have to try and start this argument in every single thread?

This is about box office stuff. The previous thread used for it was derailed because of that crap. Stick to the review threads if you MUST talk about how much it 'sucked'.
For someone who hates the 2014 movie Coola can't stop talking about it.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline  
Old 10-20-2014, 08:19 PM   #445
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Crappy movies do big in china? Wut?
Ditto to what Stryker said.

But, yes.

Word is, Transformers 5 will be filmed in China, and dubbed over in English for the US.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline  
Old 10-21-2014, 01:44 PM   #446
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,735
The official numbers for the U.K. have come in. I don't know what the movies aiming for family audiences are coming to the U.K. right now, but I imagine that this film could have some strong legs in the region.

Quote:
Knocking Gone Girl off the top spot, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles debuted with an impressive £3.22m plus £1.56m in previews. If you include the previews, that’s the biggest opening for a film since The Inbetweeners 2 in early August. Back in 2007, the last iteration of the much-revived film franchise, TMNT, debuted with £949,000, including £284,000 previews. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles had a relatively clear run at the family audience, since The Maze Runner aims more at the teen market, and The Boxtrolls and What We Did on Our Holiday are in their sixth and fourth week of play respectively.

Top 10 films 17-19 October

1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, £4,785,448 from 522 sites (New)
2. Gone Girl, £2,361,051 from 555 sites. Total: £14,153,879
3. Annabelle, £1,465,919 from 392 sites. Total: £4,585,010
4. The Maze Runner, £1,458,300 from 498 sites. Total: £4,364,748
5. The Best of Me, £636,842 from 360 sites (New)
6. The Boxtrolls, £464,345 from 484 sites. Total: £7,374,623
7. Dracula Untold, £438,037 from 357 sites. Total: £4,454,648
8. The Equalizer, £429,406 from 297 sites. Total: £6,370,768
9. The Judge, £420,720 from 317 sites (New)
10. Northern Soul, £278,829 from 83 sites (New)
http://www.theguardian.com/film/film...-ninja-turtles
ranger_scout is offline  
Old 10-21-2014, 01:49 PM   #447
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
The official numbers for the U.K. have come in. I don't know what the movies aiming for family audiences are coming to the U.K. right now, but I imagine that this film could have some strong legs in the region.



http://www.theguardian.com/film/film...-ninja-turtles
Thats great but I bet it would have done more if it come out earlier.

I hope it gets the 2nd week at no 1 as it will be half term but I think Fury or The Book of Life will knock it off the top spot.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.


Last edited by Vicky82; 10-21-2014 at 01:59 PM.
Vicky82 is offline  
Old 10-26-2014, 09:29 AM   #448
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
TMNT has reached $190M in the domestic gross.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=tmnt2013.htm

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice 5m5 minutes ago
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: $201.9M Overseas Total / $392M Global Total #TMNT
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.


Last edited by Vicky82; 10-26-2014 at 10:56 AM.
Vicky82 is offline  
Old 10-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #449
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
TMNT has reached $190M in the domestic gross.

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=tmnt2013.htm

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice 5m5 minutes ago
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: $201.9M Overseas Total / $392M Global Total #TMNT
With the movie opening in China on Halloween, it is now guaranteed to make more than $400 million.
ranger_scout is offline  
Old 10-26-2014, 01:39 PM   #450
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
With the movie opening in China on Halloween, it is now guaranteed to make more than $400 million.
That also sounds fun for Halloween were it like the U.S. style.
IndigoErth is offline  
Old 10-26-2014, 03:12 PM   #451
ranger_scout
Foot Elite
 
ranger_scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,735
Here is news on international grosses.

Quote:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles added $10.8 million from 32 markets this weekend. To date, the movie has earned $201.9 million overseas; it could be in line for a big boost when it expands in to China on Friday.
http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3944&p=.htm
ranger_scout is offline  
Old 10-26-2014, 05:43 PM   #452
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Yay, go green team!
Shark_Blade is offline  
Old 10-26-2014, 06:09 PM   #453
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,672
It's been years but was there this much concern about how much TMNT 2007 made in the Box Office after most of people's expectations weren't met?

I don't know, maybe it's a matter of this movie taking forever to reach certain countries for whatever reason, but it kinda feels like a matter of 'who cares anymore' and it almost feels like any additional cash made because it reached this particular country this month or that there other country next month shouldn't count anymore. It's a summer action movie, we're at winter's doorstep. China is seriously late to the party.

I'm not familiar with what determines why a movie takes months to hit this country in comparison to that country, but it almost feels like a sneaky way to make up for not making the kind of numbers it should have had the movie been better. It's like they purposely dragged the release of this one slowly across the world because if it was a worldwide release all at once, with say a week or so difference, it woulda have completely fizzled out by now like it did here.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline  
Old 10-26-2014, 08:54 PM   #454
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
It's been years but was there this much concern about how much TMNT 2007 made in the Box Office after most of people's expectations weren't met?

I don't know, maybe it's a matter of this movie taking forever to reach certain countries for whatever reason, but it kinda feels like a matter of 'who cares anymore' and it almost feels like any additional cash made because it reached this particular country this month or that there other country next month shouldn't count anymore. It's a summer action movie, we're at winter's doorstep. China is seriously late to the party.

I'm not familiar with what determines why a movie takes months to hit this country in comparison to that country, but it almost feels like a sneaky way to make up for not making the kind of numbers it should have had the movie been better. It's like they purposely dragged the release of this one slowly across the world because if it was a worldwide release all at once, with say a week or so difference, it woulds have completely fizzled out by now like it did here.
Dude WE ALL get it, you dont like the movie. Seriously Just stop and get over it already. The movie is making plenty of money. No them releasing the way they did isn't so conspiracy. Your Getting to CyberCubed level Annoyance, and repetitiveness.

No everyone thinks the way you do, there are plenty of fan pleased with the movie.
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline  
Old 10-26-2014, 09:04 PM   #455
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
Dude WE ALL get it, you dont like the movie. Seriously Just stop and get over it already. The movie is making plenty of money. No them releasing the way they did isn't so conspiracy. Your Getting to CyberCubed level Annoyance, and repetitiveness.

No everyone thinks the way you do, there are plenty of fan pleased with the movie.
Please don't take this the wrong way, Sam. I can see where you're coming from, and that even though I can't understand it personally, you do like this movie for your own reasons.. But I do think Coola has a right to speak about how he disliked the movie. The same goes for people who did like this film. We shouldn't have to silence one another opinions just because we disagree with each other.

And for the record, just because a film may make a lot of money, doesn't automatically guarantee it's a success. The divisive fan opinion over this movie is proof of that. That's all I have to say.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline  
Old 10-26-2014, 09:19 PM   #456
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way, Sam. I can see where you're coming from, and that even though I can't understand it personally, you do like this movie for your own reasons.. But I do think Coola has a right to speak about how he disliked the movie. The same goes for people who did like this film. We shouldn't have to silence one another opinions just because we disagree with each other.

And for the record, just because a film may make a lot of money, doesn't automatically guarantee it's a success. The divisive fan opinion over this movie is proof of that. That's all I have to say.
But when his response in any thread is that "this movie is astronomically bad" is when it just gets annoying. That's not criticism, its trash talking that's it.

This movie has been a success whether some fan believe that or not that on them Its making more then Alot of "nay say-ers" Even thought it would even come close to. We already know they are working on a sequel and i have word that we might get info on its production in Jan of next year


Also love your sig gif Where is that from?? i dont remember it in the new trailer
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline  
Old 10-26-2014, 09:30 PM   #457
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
But when his response in any thread is that "this movie is astronomically bad" is when it just gets annoying. That's not criticism, its trash talking that's it.

This movie has been a success whether some fan believe that or not that on them Its making more then Alot of "nay say-ers" Even thought it would even come close to. We already know they are working on a sequel and i have word that we might get info on its production in Jan of next year


Also love your sig gif Where is that from?? i dont remember it in the new trailer
Hmmm, I see. Well I guess all I can really say is that, if you enjoyed the film, that's great for you. I may not agree with you, but at least you found it enjoyable.

Oh, and thanks! As for where the gif is from, it's from the same trailer.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline  
Old 10-26-2014, 09:30 PM   #458
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,672
This isn't even about me disliking the movie. I'm just wondering why its release was so scattered and why some countries are just now getting to see it when it's due out on DVD/Blue Ray in a few months here already. It almost feels so late it should go straight to DVD to any country that still hasn't shown in theaters past this month.

I just find it strange that this movie in particular seemed to have gone through so many hoops and hurdles to release it worldwide. The main country this was made in and made for is already all said and done. I'm sure if the rest of the world played it around the same general time, it would had fizzled out by now too. It just makes me wonder if any extra revenue made past September should count anymore. I'm curious of examples of other movies that took this long to be released in several countries.

And I'm not 'trash-talking'. It is valid criticism with reasons repeatedly an infinite amount of times here already to back it up. I'm sorry if you so strongly (for whatever reason that escapes me) support this movie that to you it comes off as trash-talking, but I don't see it that way. How bout you 'stop it and get over it already' that this movie just wasn't as good as countless people hoped it would be. To me the strong defense of this movie comes off to me as 'Cybercubed levels of annoyance and repetitiveness'. I'm still scratching my head as to why on a TMNT forum of all places a movie that basically spits on the franchise is getting such strong support. I'd expect that from random forums or posts from... dare I say... 'casuals', but here? Where if in all places anyone that knows anything about TMNT and their history it would be here? I mean, this is not A TMNT forum, this is THE TMNT forum and you support something that basically didn't give a crap and just did whatever they felt like to make a quick buck? And want more of the same? I honestly just don't see it.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 10-26-2014 at 09:35 PM.
Coola Yagami is offline  
Old 10-26-2014, 09:32 PM   #459
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Here we go again. Same damn page too.

Derailing sh*t just to bicker. Coola even continuing with his 'Everyone needs to open their eyes and admit that what I think is correct' stuff. This is some Groundhog's day stuff.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline  
Old 10-26-2014, 09:38 PM   #460
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Here we go again. Same damn page too.

Derailing sh*t just to bicker. Coola even continuing with his 'Everyone needs to open their eyes and admit that what I think is correct' stuff. This is some Groundhog's day stuff.
Not really. If anything, the strong defense for this movie is what always derails things and causes all the bickering.


And noone answered my questions on example of other movies that had such bizzare release dates from country to country to county to yet another country to the point where it's almost out on DVD already.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
box office, live action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.