The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2007, 06:41 PM   #461
Duke Igthorn
Mouser
 
Duke Igthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Baack in Germany ;) Near Bremen
Posts: 10
Oh my To speak with Max Winters words:
Mr Munroe, you've made a very old fan very, very happy!

Ok not that old...

You did a fabulous job, indeed. The whole thing was very intense and that was good. Of course it could have been longer, of course I'd love to have seen more Mikey, Donnie and all the other stuff... but I'm sure you know all that yourself better than any of us and would have wanted it too if it was possible. And I agree that concentrating on the main plot elements was the better course of action, than maybe losing yourself in too much differating character development. I guess that would've taken out the speed in the movie, and after 10 years hiatus a straight set of how things are was in order. The sequel (which I assume is not longer an if but a when question after kicking 300 off it's throne) gives you the opportunity to concentrate on things you couldn't see for in this one. (maybe a PG-13 thingy or more? *nudge nudge* ^^)

I went to London to see it how it is meant to be seen ... in English!
I fear the german version might be as horrible as the translation for the game... which was unbearable in my opinion. Well I'll give it a try when it's released here in germany as well

I absolutely LOVED Mako as Splinter! He was just perfect for this, and it is so sad he passed away. Was there more Splinter screen time planned, or did you get really everything done before it happened?

The whole voiceact was very very satisfying, especially after the fandom was very happy with the 2k3 cartoon's voices. ( I guess most people were afraid Raph wouldn't be as cool as he was in the cartoon) Well Raph rocked!



I really liked the humor! You guys watched a bit too much Lilo & Stitch while creating the little red furious monster, did'cha? *smile*
He was a real fun!

Some people were complaining about some details of the story, especially why Winters didn't revive his "family" earlier, or why the monsters are all coming to New York exactly at the right time without any apparant reason. Aprils job change, etc etc...

Well .. Terry Pratchett would have said "narrative causality", things just happen because they're beneficient for the story... and because the author wants them to happen

Did you have all these details figured out, and were forced to scrap it out, or were you more the Pratchett on it?

Well now I'm very eager for the DVD and I guess I speak for everybody if I ask; Could you add as much Special Material as humanly possible? Voice bloopers, Interviews, enlarged/added scenes the whole bunch of Yummy-Extra-Goodness? Or maybe if the DVD is not cost effective enough for all the extra work, some kind of download service or whatever would be a cool thing... I guess the Industry is still somehow underestimating the capabilities the Web has to offer and the demand on extra material in movies.
Well I know it's not your call, but maybe you can have a positive influence ^^
BTW, is there any HD version planned?

So thanks again for making me feel like a 12 year old again and bringing my childhood's heroes back... BIG TIME! If I ever am going to get meeting you, you just qualified for a very big hug!
(I didn't even expect Lord of the Rings as much as I did this movie, shoot me )

Greets,
Dukey
__________________
--------------------------------
Life at best is bitter sweet

Last edited by Duke Igthorn; 03-26-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Duke Igthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:06 AM   #462
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant
 
raphaelprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caniac Nation, NC
Posts: 416
Just got done seeing it for the 2nd time tonight(and prolly not the last) and just wanted to say,

Thank you Kevin for the incredible movie. Im really hoping WB gives it a sequel, and would really like to see you handle the sequel.

I only have one question if you dont mind. I saw the post in which you mentioned about all the extra material you sent WB for the DVD, and seen others asking about it, but as far as i read i dont think i seen this asked...

But what are the chances of you doing a Director's Cut of the movie?

Cause i know on most dvd's extra, deleted, and extended scenes are usually by themselves, but what are the chances of those actually being put back into the movie feature itself as a whole instead of a side dish(so-to-speak) for like a special edition?

Again, thank you for the very awsome movie.
__________________
"Welcome to the south, plan to lose in our house, GoCanes, Carolina is back, and we're all Caniacs, GoCanes, We want more, shutout score, let's go Ward, GoCanes"....the new and improved version of Clapton's classic Cocaine


Courtesy of Sliced...Thanks Sliced.
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:11 AM   #463
R-iZZy
The Long Con
 
R-iZZy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: G'ville, FL (Gator Country), USA
Posts: 3,007
I don't think there's more I could add to what's already been said. Kevin, you did a hell of a job! Some quirks here and there, but they couldn't even overshadow a portion of the great things that came from this movie. The relationships were spot-on, the personalities were perfectly portrayed, the dialogue was passionate in a lot of scenes, action was great! I loved it!

This may not be my dream TMNT movie (I can admit, my dream movie will never happen; it's basically a very mature-themed movie based on the "City At War" arc from the first volume of the comics), but it was damn close! Thanks to you, I can now die happy. My allegiance has always been to the Turtles. Thanks for letting me be witness to my favorite heroes of all-time (ever since childhood) being on the world's mind one more time!
__________________


R-iZZy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:27 AM   #464
Shark
Stone Warrior
 
Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In my Wii, playing with my Wii. Playing with TMNT on the Wii. Wii Play TMNT WEEE!!!
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaelprime View Post
But what are the chances of you doing a Director's Cut of the movie?

Cause i know on most dvd's extra, deleted, and extended scenes are usually by themselves, but what are the chances of those actually being put back into the movie feature itself as a whole instead of a side dish(so-to-speak) for like a special edition?
I did mention something like this, but you put it better than I did, and I think I mentioned it in another thread.
__________________
The Forum's Un-Official Karai Obsessor!!!

And my unhealthy obsession for Karai continues...I need therapy...

Enter: Shadow Assassin RP has just started, and still open for new people.
Favorite Sloganizer Quotes: "I quit smokeing with Karai.", "Karai on the outside, tasty on the inside." and "I'd sleep with Karai." Man that Sloganizer can be pretty perverted O.o
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 01:41 AM   #465
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant
 
raphaelprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caniac Nation, NC
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark View Post
I did mention something like this, but you put it better than I did, and I think I mentioned it in another thread.
Ah ok. Well like i said, i didnt see anyone ask, and then again i was mainly skimming through since i was half distracted by poker lol.

btw, like the sig. pic of karai.
__________________
"Welcome to the south, plan to lose in our house, GoCanes, Carolina is back, and we're all Caniacs, GoCanes, We want more, shutout score, let's go Ward, GoCanes"....the new and improved version of Clapton's classic Cocaine


Courtesy of Sliced...Thanks Sliced.
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 02:06 AM   #466
Shark
Stone Warrior
 
Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In my Wii, playing with my Wii. Playing with TMNT on the Wii. Wii Play TMNT WEEE!!!
Posts: 653
Like I said, I probably mentioned it in another thread, and even if I didn't, you worded it better.

It was made at random for some reason by Brandatello. I didn't have enough room in my sig to mention it though.
__________________
The Forum's Un-Official Karai Obsessor!!!

And my unhealthy obsession for Karai continues...I need therapy...

Enter: Shadow Assassin RP has just started, and still open for new people.
Favorite Sloganizer Quotes: "I quit smokeing with Karai.", "Karai on the outside, tasty on the inside." and "I'd sleep with Karai." Man that Sloganizer can be pretty perverted O.o
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:19 PM   #467
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
Kevein, theres really not much else but THANKS!! The movie was great...you stayed so true to the source material...im glad it was the #1 this past weekend; it deserved it...I hope you can make another one!!!
Well, Im off to the theaters for a second showing...
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:01 PM   #468
LogicDonny
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,643
Mr. Munroe,

from the bottom of my heart, thank you for all you have done with TMNT. I saw it today and I can't say how beatuiful and amazing you made the movie look and how much of a fan it made me pleased with the work you done. the voice acting, soundtrack, style was really amazing.

Are you going to plan to release a dvd with all the scenes that were removed from the final cut?

Also, if there was a sequal announced, would you be glad to work on it as well?

You deserve to work on the sequel if there will be one or will possibly be ont.
LogicDonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:19 PM   #469
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Hey Kevin,
I know the movie just released, but I gotta ask:
When the DVD is created, could it be possible to make it where the deleted scenes are played within the movie as an alternate option? I wish I knew the technical term, but I'd love the have those scenes integrated into the film, but also have the ability to play the theatrical version as well.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:25 PM   #470
Shark
Stone Warrior
 
Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In my Wii, playing with my Wii. Playing with TMNT on the Wii. Wii Play TMNT WEEE!!!
Posts: 653
Meh, I would never choose to watch the Theatrical version if I had the full version.

I'm also more curious when a DVD will be out. I never know the time span between theaters and video/DVD release. And oddly enough, this is the first time I ever cared to know.
__________________
The Forum's Un-Official Karai Obsessor!!!

And my unhealthy obsession for Karai continues...I need therapy...

Enter: Shadow Assassin RP has just started, and still open for new people.
Favorite Sloganizer Quotes: "I quit smokeing with Karai.", "Karai on the outside, tasty on the inside." and "I'd sleep with Karai." Man that Sloganizer can be pretty perverted O.o
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:47 PM   #471
Splinter's Iroonna
Hench Mutant
 
Splinter's Iroonna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 401
I love the theatrical version-- so I would watch both. But the theatrical version would be my first love.

The word is July 10th for the DVD-- pretty quick, I think, and that is just fine with me!
__________________
Original banner by Imagi, comments/adaptations by Ninjatron-- check out his blog!
http://astroboyworld.blogspot.com/
Splinter's Iroonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:38 PM   #472
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant
 
raphaelprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caniac Nation, NC
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I wish I knew the technical term

Those are generally considered Director's Cuts
__________________
"Welcome to the south, plan to lose in our house, GoCanes, Carolina is back, and we're all Caniacs, GoCanes, We want more, shutout score, let's go Ward, GoCanes"....the new and improved version of Clapton's classic Cocaine


Courtesy of Sliced...Thanks Sliced.
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:04 PM   #473
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
There's a difference between a straight up Director's Cut and a movie that integrates the deleted scenes into the movie, it's been mentioned before. I can't remember what it's called.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:31 PM   #474
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
You mean that thing where the movie plays normally, but the director's cut option sends cues to your hardware at certain points to detour onto the deleted scene? I hope that's not what you mean, because I always thought those looked awkward. To give some examples, the DVDs for The Forgotten and (Jaime Fox as) Ray both use that method.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:59 PM   #475
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
It would be nice if he gave us a nice light rundown of some of the stuff that was cut
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:55 PM   #476
raphaelprime
Hench Mutant
 
raphaelprime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Caniac Nation, NC
Posts: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
There's a difference between a straight up Director's Cut and a movie that integrates the deleted scenes into the movie, it's been mentioned before. I can't remember what it's called.
Only other thing i can think of then would be Unrated.


Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
You mean that thing where the movie plays normally, but the director's cut option sends cues to your hardware at certain points to detour onto the deleted scene?

no im thinking more like The Punisher DC
__________________
"Welcome to the south, plan to lose in our house, GoCanes, Carolina is back, and we're all Caniacs, GoCanes, We want more, shutout score, let's go Ward, GoCanes"....the new and improved version of Clapton's classic Cocaine


Courtesy of Sliced...Thanks Sliced.
raphaelprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:11 AM   #477
Shark
Stone Warrior
 
Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: In my Wii, playing with my Wii. Playing with TMNT on the Wii. Wii Play TMNT WEEE!!!
Posts: 653
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaelprime View Post
Only other thing i can think of then would be Unrated.
Wouldn't that be the most awesome thing ever?

I can also imagine two type's of DVD's.

TMNT for Kids: The PG one, with no deleted scene's and such, just for the kiddies, and so the soccer mom's won't whine and complain.

TMNT Uncut: The one we, the fan's, want and so we, the fan's, won't whine and complain Come on Kevin, make it happen!
__________________
The Forum's Un-Official Karai Obsessor!!!

And my unhealthy obsession for Karai continues...I need therapy...

Enter: Shadow Assassin RP has just started, and still open for new people.
Favorite Sloganizer Quotes: "I quit smokeing with Karai.", "Karai on the outside, tasty on the inside." and "I'd sleep with Karai." Man that Sloganizer can be pretty perverted O.o
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 12:36 AM   #478
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
They better not gyp us on the dvd cover art either
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:31 PM   #479
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fraggle!
You mean that thing where the movie plays normally, but the director's cut option sends cues to your hardware at certain points to detour onto the deleted scene? I hope that's not what you mean, because I always thought those looked awkward. To give some examples, the DVDs for The Forgotten and (Jaime Fox as) Ray both use that method.
That's it...I guess I'm a weird minority who thinks that'd be cool, aslong as the Deleted scenes fit the movies continuity, and wouldn't cause more problems with story.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:42 PM   #480
Spacefille
Foot Soldier
 
Spacefille's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
That's it...I guess I'm a weird minority who thinks that'd be cool, aslong as the Deleted scenes fit the movies continuity, and wouldn't cause more problems with story.
Maybe it'll fix the slight confusion over the 12th monster.

Either way, Thank you Kevin for an excellent movie. It was very very happy making. Your guy's hard work and dedication really paid off!
Spacefille is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.