The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 08:01 PM   #461
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathUser View Post
I don't remember those turtles ever crying.
While it was never because they were just frightened children, they did cry on a handful of occasions. They were usually written with a bit more class though some of the writers obviously thought they were complete jokes.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:05 PM   #462
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quickie fact: The 2K3 Turtles have cried before. Several times.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:31 PM   #463
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Only as much truth as rumor ever has.

I saw some concept work by one of their artists that looked pretty "official."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]

Last edited by ***First of Two Latin Kings***; 12-01-2009 at 09:38 PM.
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #464
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku_CJJ View Post
I saw some concept work by one of their artists that looked pretty "official."
That's fan art. He's been doing that stuff for quite some time.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #465
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku_CJJ View Post
I saw some concept work by one of their artists that looked pretty "official."
You mean Alex? Yeah, that's just fan art. No relation to Nickelodeon at all.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:55 PM   #466
Anakin Prime
Random Punk
 
Anakin Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Death Star
Posts: 25
I am really surprised how some people are feeling about how the OT Turtles were portrayed in Turtles Forever.... Maybe they were just a bit over their usual comedic edge, but if any it wasn't much. But saying this, wasn't it always fun and entertaining when they were on the screen? I definitely think so! As for their fighting and helping to win the battle, they were the main reason why the Turtles won.... Anyways, this is coming from a person who saw all the original cartoon and bits and pieces of the newest, and I am not offended...
Anakin Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #467
Tomoshibi Amatsu
Hench Mutant
 
Tomoshibi Amatsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvaina
Posts: 275
You know... Now that I think of it the 80s turtles really were more like superheroes than actual ninja's that had to keep their existence secret. Plus I believe the 80s toon did pull a sort of Xmen mutant rights storyline at some point. Though I might be mistaken.
__________________
Tomoshibi Amatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:54 PM   #468
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoshibi Amatsu View Post
Plus I believe the 80s toon did pull a sort of Xmen mutant rights storyline at some point. Though I might be mistaken.
Nay. CBS's Season 7 had plenty about the inhumane treatment of mutants, so you're on the right track.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:23 PM   #469
Tomoshibi Amatsu
Hench Mutant
 
Tomoshibi Amatsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvaina
Posts: 275
I suppose 80s Splinter was their Professor Xavier then.
__________________
Tomoshibi Amatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:26 PM   #470
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
Well... he sure wasn't their father.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #471
tone-master21
Mad Scientist
 
tone-master21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,152
The full length movie is going to online Wednesday, December 16th:

http://www.4kids.tv/buzz/view/world-...ver-directors-
__________________
tone-master21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:57 AM   #472
magidkaiser
Foot Soldier
 
magidkaiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathUser View Post
I watched this and it was epic. I didn't like how the 1987 turtles were portrayed in some scenes, especially the crying. I don't remember those turtles ever crying.
yea !! that was very bad when the turtles crying

i say that great idea for a movie ruined by the way they handle old tmnt
__________________
magidkaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:49 AM   #473
nomekop
Thug
 
nomekop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone-master21 View Post
The full length movie is going to online Wednesday, December 16th:

http://www.4kids.tv/buzz/view/world-...ver-directors-
Awesome! I just hope it'll end up also somewhere else, cause I can't watch any videos from 4kids website

"The "Director's Cut" has more than 12 minutes of additional TMNT footage!" Cool even more than 12 minutes! Can't wait
__________________
nomekop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:33 AM   #474
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,225
That probably means twelve minutes and 10 seconds lol
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:40 AM   #475
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
It's great to see the uncut version making it somewhere, though still really hoping for a DVD release.
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:56 AM   #476
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Well... he sure wasn't their father.
yeah i thought that was weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by IveyAngelo View Post
It's great to see the uncut version making it somewhere, though still really hoping for a DVD release.
ditto on the dvd release

won't be home to watch part 2 tomorrow, so i'm DVR'in it
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #477
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
Hi, I know I haven't been here for a while. So I haven't really been caught up with the recent news on TMNT. A friend of mine told me about this movie. And I was stun to hear about the TMNT meeting the original TMNT. It sounded like a fan made video on Youtube with a clips of both series, but my friend told me it was an actual TV movie.

So I had to watch the whole thing, and I did I was excited and entertained about this TV movie. I'd never think this type of thing would ever happen for the newer TMNT, but it actually did happen for real.

And I think it was the best thing to ever happen for Ninja Turtles. The best part would have be when it showed images of the Mirage, Archie, Anime, Superhero, Same as it Never Was, live action, CGI, & whatever else they showed as the alternate dimensions of the TMNT.

Not to mention it has the most fan service I've seen for Ninja Turtles. I do like how they used the same character designs for the old Ninja Turtles as well as the 80s-90s New York. I already guessed they got different voice actors for them, I liked how they got some who do sound similar to the originals least that count.

I was laughing the whole time, whenever the original TMNT do their original quotes, eating pizza, and seeing both versions interacting and making fun of each other in a way.

Overrall, I love the way this TV movie turn out. It deserves 10 stars cause it's not often to see three different versions of Ninja Turtles interacting with each other. If the movie was longer, I can imagine some other ideas that would of been funny to see like Casey Jones meeting the old cartoon Casey Jones, ask him why he keeps his mask on all the time.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:27 PM   #478
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Legault View Post
If the movie was longer, I can imagine some other ideas that would of been funny to see like Casey Jones meeting the old cartoon Casey Jones, ask him why he keeps his mask on all the time.
It was longer and it will be longer again on the 16th. But, don't hold your breath for scenes of any characters meeting their counterparts except for The Turtles and Shredders and Foots.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #479
J Legault
Mad Scientist
 
J Legault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: West Coast
Posts: 2,054
I wasn't really hoping for too much for the extened version except for it being longer. I should have rephrased my first post though.
__________________
I am a fan of TMNT and I'm still one today.
I got into the habbit back in 1992 or 93' when I was little. I would like to thank my 2 year older cousin for getting me in the habbit. 2001 was when I revised my knowledge on TMNT. And today I'm a bigger fan than I was years ago. I have all 3 TMNT Movies, current Toon, and old school Toon on DVD.
J Legault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:48 PM   #480
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Legault View Post
I wasn't really hoping for too much for the extened version except for it being longer. I should have rephrased my first post though.
Oh, no problem. I sorta worded my comment strangely too. I meant the version of the film I saw back in the summer was longer than what you've seen on YouTube or wherever. More than likely, it'll just be that version (77 minutes of action and 3 & a half or 4 & a half for credits and theme songs). It will definitely be worth the wait.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
4kids, episode discussion, fred wolf series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.