The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2014, 02:23 AM   #4821
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
So, in past incarnations, Raphael has always been shown with his Sais on the front of his belt. In this show, he keeps them holstered on the back of his belt. Which way you all think is more practical?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 02:44 AM   #4822
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
So, in past incarnations, Raphael has always been shown with his Sais on the front of his belt. In this show, he keeps them holstered on the back of his belt. Which way you all think is more practical?
Interesting. In the OT Leo, Donny, and Mikey kept their weapons in the back, Raph in the front.

Nick, Leo, Donnie, and Raph keeps their weapons in the back and Mikey on the side.

Anywho, I guess whichever gives him fastest access.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:11 AM   #4823
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Interesting. In the OT Leo, Donny, and Mikey kept their weapons in the back, Raph in the front.

Nick, Leo, Donnie, and Raph keeps their weapons in the back and Mikey on the side.

Anywho, I guess whichever gives him fastest access.
Also to note, in 2007, Raph kept his weapons on his back when he was in the Nightwatcher costume.

But here's the kicker, where the hell does Mikey keep all of his stuff? Waterballoons, egg smoke bombs, his other weapon that he pulls out from time to time? Also, we once saw Raphael with a small knife, where does he keep that? Can the Turtles stuff things inside their shells in some places like a trunk of some sorts?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #4824
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
They probably have compartments in their belts where they keep things, and I remember Leo pulling a knife out of his wraps a few times, so they may conceal weapons there.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 12:08 PM   #4825
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior
 
Gunpowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Also to note, in 2007, Raph kept his weapons on his back when he was in the Nightwatcher costume.

But here's the kicker, where the hell does Mikey keep all of his stuff? Waterballoons, egg smoke bombs, his other weapon that he pulls out from time to time? Also, we once saw Raphael with a small knife, where does he keep that? Can the Turtles stuff things inside their shells in some places like a trunk of some sorts?
I think that's just meant to be a tongue-in-cheek kind of thing. In the Nick episode "Panic in the Sewers," Mikey throws a second water balloon at Leo and Leo says, "You had two? Where do you keep them?" And no answer.

So I think it's just one of those things that's treated as a joke because it's impractical, but open to speculation.
__________________
Jason Biggs was the best Leonardo.
Gunpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #4826
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
New clip for episode 24 for US fans only (and people who use Hola)

http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/tmnt-224-clip.html

found some pics





lol at Donnie
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:51 PM   #4827
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Aw, I want to see the clip. I need a laptop...and internet. lol. The doctor still doesn't know when I can be discharged.

That aside, that angry/surprised Donnie pic makes him scary looking. The first one is "adorkable". lol

That second shot would be good for a caption thread... lol
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:11 PM   #4828
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Aw, I want to see the clip. I need a laptop...and internet. lol. The doctor still doesn't know when I can be discharged.

That aside, that angry/surprised Donnie pic makes him scary looking. The first one is "adorkable". lol

That second shot would be good for a caption thread... lol
See if this works for you.
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:28 PM   #4829
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/tmnt-224-clip.html

Words cannot describe how happy I am right now!!!!!!

IT'S GO TIME!!!

Spoiler:
TIME TO SAVE LEATHERHEAD!!!!!
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:31 PM   #4830
Mukouno
Foot Soldier
 
Mukouno's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 130
It's interesting to know that they actually go there with the intention to rescue Leatherhead. I thought Mikey just falls through a portal out of his clumsiness and they stumble across Leatherhead while looking for a way home.
Mukouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:42 PM   #4831
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukouno View Post
It's interesting to know that they actually go there with the intention to rescue Leatherhead. I thought Mikey just falls through a portal out of his clumsiness and they stumble across Leatherhead while looking for a way home.
I love that!!! They're going there to save him!!! This is fantastic!!!
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:16 PM   #4832
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
It looks like they are going back to a Mikey is a klutzy goof ball. I thought he was improving in the past several episodes.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:21 PM   #4833
Gunpowder
Stone Warrior
 
Gunpowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
It looks like they are going back to a Mikey is a klutzy goof ball. I thought he was improving in the past several episodes.
I don't think they'll ever move on from that, unfortunately.
__________________
Jason Biggs was the best Leonardo.
Gunpowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:29 PM   #4834
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
It looks like they are going back to a Mikey is a klutzy goof ball. I thought he was improving in the past several episodes.
It's Leatherhead which we are to assume he hasn't seen for a long time.

So I'm willing to give him a chance that he'll get serious knowing that Leatherhead's wellbeing is at stake.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #4835
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukouno View Post
It's interesting to know that they actually go there with the intention to rescue Leatherhead. I thought Mikey just falls through a portal out of his clumsiness and they stumble across Leatherhead while looking for a way home.
Wow, this scenario (Mikey clumsily falling through the portal) never even came to mind to me at all because it was said that Mikey was the only one who could figure out Dimension X. I couldn't see that happening or shown unless all four ended up there together for whatever reason. I theorized a good while back that Mikey getting stuck in Dimension X will be due to them being separated somehow and the portal closing before he can get through, like how it was in Wormquake.

I'm glad the clip could play for me. I was surprised that Leo made that comment about Mikey messing up too much lately when he hasn't, unless been all offscreen. I would've expected him to say something like, "You've been getting hurt to much lately." I'm expecting this to be like the Shellacne ep in some respects. When he grabbed the orb, I was expecting him to run off to save Learherhead.

That aside I'm really looking forward to this ep and Mikey saving his brothers.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #4836
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
looks like another~

Parasitica....Squirrelanoid...Shellacne....Pizzafa ce...episode in which the boys don't believe in Mikey...AGAIN.

did Mikey really think it was a good idea to bash the orb?

Spoiler:
please do mikey justice, please do mikey justice, please do mikey justice, please do mikey justice....T^T
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:58 PM   #4837
cup-mikey-gertha
Hench Mutant
 
cup-mikey-gertha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Here, Wooohooo!
Posts: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
But here's the kicker, where the hell does Mikey keep all of his stuff? Waterballoons, egg smoke bombs, his other weapon that he pulls out from time to time? Also, we once saw Raphael with a small knife, where does he keep that? Can the Turtles stuff things inside their shells in some places like a trunk of some sorts?
I've been asking that myself for years. In the 2K3 version, Donnie does bring a duffel bag. However, he doesn't bring it all the time. Some scenes, they throw shuriken, ropes and smoke bombs. Like LEo asked in the 2012 series, where do you keep them?

I don't have a pet turtle, so I don't know their anatomy if there is enough space in it normally. But maybe Ninja Turtles, being the mutants and ninja they are, can conceal stuff inside their shells like they are are backpacks. They're big, anyway. Pellets, tanto and strings might fit.
__________________
I'm of the same age with TMNT. How cool is that?
Happy 30 years of Cowabunga!

cup-mikey-gertha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:19 PM   #4838
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
looks like another~

Parasitica....Squirrelanoid...Shellacne....Pizzafa ce...episode in which the boys don't believe in Mikey...AGAIN.

did Mikey really think it was a good idea to bash the orb?

Spoiler:
please do mikey justice, please do mikey justice, please do mikey justice, please do mikey justice....T^T
They underestimated him moreso. The only "we straight up don't believe you" ep was Pizzaface and depending on one's interpretation, it may not even count. I still say it was a dream and Mikey was recovering from the beatdown and injuries he received from Tigerclaw. Oh and Squirrelnoids...I wouldn't say they didn't believe him, as Raph also agreed that it was bad to bring the stranger back.

With Shellacne, it was a guess and really, it wouldn't have logically made sense for Dogpound to take Baxter back to his old lab, right?

IMO, this just really shows how much they underestimate him, not that they didn't believe him.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #4839
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
They underestimated him moreso. The only "we straight up don't believe you" ep was Pizzaface and depending on one's interpretation, it may not even count. I still say it was a dream and Mikey was recovering from the beatdown and injuries he received from Tigerclaw. Oh and Squirrelnoids...I wouldn't say they didn't believe him, as Raph also agreed that it was bad to bring the stranger back.

With Shellacne, it was a guess and really, it wouldn't have logically made sense for Dogpound to take Baxter back to his old lab, right?

IMO, this just really shows how much they underestimate him, not that they didn't believe him.
I don't think they will ever take him seriously....until he gets smarter.

no matter how much he does...he will be brought down because of his (I don't wanna admit stupidity) immaturity.

hopefully this episode he learns to be a little more mature
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:41 PM   #4840
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
I don't think they will ever take him seriously....until he gets smarter.

no matter how much he does...he will be brought down because of his (I don't wanna admit stupidity) immaturity.

hopefully this episode he learns to be a little more mature
But he isn't stupid and he's grown a lot from the series' start. I feel season 2 has done Mikey very well, especially these past few eps.

If anything, at this point, he's probably underestimated because he's the youngest which isn't all that uncommon with some real-life siblings. Take Parasitica for example. IMO, Mikey's plan made sense. Leo didn't see it that way and pulled rank, a flaw of Leo's in general. It was more like my way or no way. A combination could've worked effectively, imo. All four trying to tie it down would've probably worked great, or even two of them...but plot convenience.

For this upcoming ep why wouldn't you expect him to be serious? He sounded emotional when smashing that orb. Leatherhead is his friend.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.