The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2015, 11:01 AM   #4901
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite
 
Lethal Lullaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,816
Some people right now.
Lethal Lullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:10 PM   #4902
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Because he's a retarded idiot

It's just retarded behavior.

He's just a retarded a**hole with no decency.

In closing, people who urninate in public when there are restrooms available are retarded morons.
If your father has downs syndrome, you should try to be more understanding & helpful. Maybe let him know that it's an inappropriate means of relieving himself.

But it would seem you are the one without decency.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 02:50 PM   #4903
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
You may want to suggest to your mother, or whomever is responsible for his medical decisions, that he get his prostate checked if he's urinating more frequently than normal.

Also, inform his guardian of the up-to-date Indecent Exposure laws in your state: http://statelaws.findlaw.com/indiana...sure-laws.html

If a kid were to catch him, and he were to have a non-compassionate judge, he could end up with some jail time.
My mom's not responsible for him and refuses to do anything for him. He won't go to a doctor because he doesn't want to. He doesn't have a guardian or anything. I called him a retarded moron because he should know better than that, but he just thinks he can do whatever he wants. He's also an alcoholic, so I think that's the biggest problem.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
If your father has downs syndrome, you should try to be more understanding & helpful. Maybe let him know that it's an inappropriate means of relieving himself.

But it would seem you are the one without decency.
He doesn't have Down's Syndrome. He's perfectly capable of making his own decisions. He's retarded because he should know better than to do that and yet he does it anyway because he thinks he can get away with anything and do whatever he wants. He's the one with no decency urinating in public like that. I have more decency than he does.

I call people who do dumb things when they know perfectly well they shouldn't do them retarded because they are. If you don't like it, too bad. I don't care. My father is a worthless alcoholic who thinks rules are beneath and he can do whatever he wants. He's retarded for doing stupid things, and that's that. I don't care if you're offended by my choice of words. I'll call people whatever the f*ck I want.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:58 PM   #4904
Gaucelm
Random Punk
 
Gaucelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Paris
Posts: 31
You know what grinds my gears? Some things about life in Paris:

- Apartment entry doors that have no turning handles. The default apartment entry doors in Paris are very old models. They usually just have a knob in the center to push or pull. But if you close the door, it gets automatically locked and you can only open it with a key.
Because I grew up in other places with actual normal doors, I have locked myself out of my Parisian apartment at least twice. That meant calling a locksmith. Since these accidents, I hate locksmiths. They will destroy your lock with a drill and replace the whole thing for a humongous sum of money.
Since then, the word "clés" ("keys") carries a feeling of resentment, injustice and shock at a society that can't evolve to normal standards.

- People on motorbikes who go on the sidewalk. Hey buddy! You know why motor vehicles are NOT supposed to go on the sidewalk? That's because THERE ARE PEOPLE THERE!! And you think you're so cool and funny by moving close to me, just about to grind my heels? You think you're so cool and funny by advancing as if you were to slice my body from between my legs? No, you're not.

- Ridiculously short opening hours for shops and other businesses. Many restaurants will only be open for a few select hours. What, your stomach says it is hungry when it is not 12h00-14h00? Well, that's too bad! And don't be shocked if so many people visit McDonald's with all this. We like availability, you know. And the freaking bank is closed after 17h00?? There's no McD's equivalent for that, unfortunately.
__________________
Gaucelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:09 PM   #4905
Meow
Stone Warrior
 
Meow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: EU/Austria
Posts: 764
What grinds me gears? So much ...

I hate those threads, I simply hate them to the depths of my blood as they actually ain't saying nothing but here I am, returned from watching "Man Up" in the movies, feeling so furry, all furry, so lost, all lost and definately emotionally don't really know where to go except for the weird internet with people like Mew and Etsy who make not only this place but also a wide and to me felt space so bearable like you wouldn't expect it at all.

Sharing with you, saying thank you in fact, it's me, just a cat <3
Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 04:54 PM   #4906
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
My gear-grinder? As of yesterday afternoon, that would be my pc. I had installed a new media player update on Tues. night, on the notion that it would improve my video streaming so I could watch the new TMNT ep. Now, I often leave it in sleep mode so it opens right up to whatever I was working on last when I quit for the night. Well, when I started it back up yesterday, I immediately noticed that my wallpaper and windows had all been compressed on the screen. This has happened a few time before, usually after system updates so I just restarted lije I usually do to fix it.

Therein began my venture into computer hell. The darn thing simply refused to boot back up, and kept giving me a restart error screen. So I follow all the steps for repairing the problem, and tried several options that presented themselves, but nothing was working. Texted a family friend, and he tried to help me figure out what was wrong. Finally got it fixed around 9:30. Spent the next hour backing up my files, in the event that it ever goes permanently caput.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:55 AM   #4907
Gaucelm
Random Punk
 
Gaucelm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Paris
Posts: 31
You know what is one of the biggest Gear-Grinder of my professional/artistic life?

I have to use the computer. Nowadays, we all need to use some informatic device.

And sometimes, there is a technical problem that prevents you from doing the normal stuff. And that's annoying.

But that's not the only Gear-Grinder.

The big Gear-Grinder is that, when you search for that problem on Google, there are only a few results that come up. And those results are, like, quite old. I talk 2007-2011 old.
So... no longer relevant. So it doesn't work on your computer.

Or you find people who had the same problem, asking the questions in technical forums...
And those questions have NO REPLIES.

So it's reboot time again. And again.

Windows Help is the most useless thing on this Planet Earth.
__________________
Gaucelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 07:03 AM   #4908
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
What grinds my gears:

I yelled at my dad for p*ssing outside and made it a point to tell him that not only would it have been embarrassing for me to see him like that, but that many animals are going to smell his urine and come up to the house because of it. And the thing is, he STILL doesn't get that his behavior isn't right. He just looked at me and said, "Well, I didn't think of that. I even called his behavior retarded to his face and my mom agreed with me.

Sinus troubles, but that's par for the course.

Political correctness. Seriously, get a life and get over it, you morons.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 08:57 PM   #4909
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
I've nearly come to the conclusion that I am incapable of roasting pumpkin seeds. In the past few years I've always overdone them.

This year... ended up having them taking out too early because someone else needed the oven. Tried a couple but they were a still slightly chewy, even after having been in the oven for a little while. I put them back in for a bit longer - nope, now they're overdone.

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 10:43 PM   #4910
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I've nearly come to the conclusion that I am incapable of roasting pumpkin seeds.
It's much easier to roast people.

Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 09:13 AM   #4911
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It's much easier to roast people.

Mmmm. Long pig.

Today's Gear Grind:
The woeful state of American Civics.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 12:48 PM   #4912
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
People complaining about miniscule things
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 02:48 PM   #4913
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I agree with you there, Snake.

My gear grind: The rain. I so hate it.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 04:28 PM   #4914
Guitar_Raph
Superhero musician
 
Guitar_Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 2,191
Being woke up @ 2:00 am Halloween morning by the Dallas Police & Fire Department, claiming that someone from Irving called 911 on me to my home address. I didn't claim any emergency on anyone, nor do I know anyone from Irving.
Guitar_Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 04:32 PM   #4915
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Jeez, that would suck big time! Do you think somebody pulled a prank on you? The evening before Halloween is known for that sort of thing, after all.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 04:46 PM   #4916
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Two-Faced individuals who are nice to you one day and treat ya like crap the next!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 06:01 PM   #4917
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
It's much easier to roast people.

Hmm... Some in this house might be good eatin'. Little BBQ sauce maybe.


And my complaint was not minuscule darn it. One pumpkin, one shot a year, and I keep ruining it. Someday I will make them better. Maybe.


Grinder for the day: People at work wasting my time calling for someone from my department to go downstairs while my department is understaffed (and I thought they just wanted returns picked up so I went); I'm new, have not been shown how to help a customer do an online order through the store and the guy was already patiently waiting for assistance from the one person around there tonight that actually speaks his language. Someone who at least knows some broken English could be worked with, but this guy appanetly didn't speak a lick of it. (Really wish people would bring someone who can communicate for them; I'd hate to be in their shoes... let alone be an employee that feels bad and awkward because I can't understand them.)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar_Raph View Post
Being woke up @ 2:00 am Halloween morning by the Dallas Police & Fire Department, claiming that someone from Irving called 911 on me to my home address. I didn't claim any emergency on anyone, nor do I know anyone from Irving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Do you think somebody pulled a prank on you?
If it was, I bet they may be regretting it now if they turned around and traced the call.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:33 PM   #4918
Ninja Arnold
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 69
Getting accused of **** I didn't do.
Ninja Arnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:45 PM   #4919
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Woes of the bowel!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:53 PM   #4920
Leaf
Mouser
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: The Shire
Posts: 6
Gear grinder of the week? People who ask for your opinion then freak out and get angry when they don't like the opinion of yours that you have just given them. Dude seriously, welcome the real world. Opinions are free and everybody will give them. Deal with it. Go eat some cake or something.
Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.