The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: My sweet lil chinchilla!
Wow, Leo's new voice is quite the headturner! 54 49.09%
Wait, how did the chickens survive there for so long? 37 33.64%
Creep is the equivalent of Turtle Honey! 2 1.82%
Prediction: Someone will post about the paralell of the slug people cartoon and Cybercubed. 17 15.45%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #481
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmedSerenity View Post
Finally saw this episode, and I'm not liking the way April verbally bit Casey's head off during the search for Raph, it was kind of uncalled for especially considering he couldn't find his family before fleeing the city. She's probably not the only one hurting so she doesn't have to act like she got the monopoly on it.
I don't know. She probably just had a lot on her mind at the time and Casey, seemingly, was trying to woo her, I guess you could say. She was also worried about Raph at that time.

Her father was mutated, her best friend turned out to be a Kraangbot, Leo was was seriously injured, Splinter was defeated by Shredder...I'm sure all those things are (were) on her mind. I was under the impression that the last thing on her mind involves anything relating to romance with all those heavy things on her mind, especially the Irma thing. No matter what, I'm sure she probably still blames herself for the invasion.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:35 PM   #482
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
You do have a point there, SSJup, and I can definitely see that being her focus since she's the one who brought Irma to the Lair.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:37 PM   #483
CharmedSerenity
Mad Scientist
 
CharmedSerenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In front of her computer
Posts: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I don't know. She probably just had a lot on her mind at the time and Casey, seemingly, was trying to woo her, I guess you could say. She was also worried about Raph at that time.

Her father was mutated, her best friend turned out to be a Kraangbot, Leo was was seriously injured, Splinter was defeated by Shredder...I'm sure all those things are (were) on her mind. I was under the impression that the last thing on her mind involves anything relating to romance with all those heavy things on her mind, especially the Irma thing. No matter what, I'm sure she probably still blames herself for the invasion.
I'm sorry but you're not going to get me to change my mind. April was a real brat in that one moment.
__________________
Favorite incarnations: 2k3 animated series, 2014 & 2016 movies and the IDW comics.

CharmedSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:56 PM   #484
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
She may have seemed bratty, but she's going through a lot in that time with her dad being mutated yet again, bringing a Kraang into the Lair resulting in the invasion itself, Splinter being gone, Leo being injured, and the fact that they all had to leave the city. Plus Casey was kind of being flirty here, and April didn't want to deal with it.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 05:02 PM   #485
CharmedSerenity
Mad Scientist
 
CharmedSerenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In front of her computer
Posts: 1,335
And Casey wasn't, his family were missing...

Like I said, I didn't like April's attitude in that scene so let's drop it and move on.
__________________
Favorite incarnations: 2k3 animated series, 2014 & 2016 movies and the IDW comics.

CharmedSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:23 AM   #486
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Casey was acting like April owed him something when she didn't. She was just telling him how she was feeling and that's that. You'd be pretty bratty too if that happened.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #487
CharmedSerenity
Mad Scientist
 
CharmedSerenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In front of her computer
Posts: 1,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Casey was acting like April owed him something when she didn't. She was just telling him how she was feeling and that's that. You'd be pretty bratty too if that happened.
I suggest we drop this before it gets out of hand as we have completely different opinions on the matter.
__________________
Favorite incarnations: 2k3 animated series, 2014 & 2016 movies and the IDW comics.

CharmedSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #488
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I'm not trying to argue with you, CS. I'm just explaining why April may have been acting that way just so you can see why she may have come off as bratty.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:23 PM   #489
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
you guys can have different opinions.....XD
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:25 PM   #490
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
As a side note to the talk of not seeing Raph barefaced... After being able to get all this fresh air and sunlight, you think they're gonna go back to NYC with mask shaped tan lines?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:19 AM   #491
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Ha, that would be hilarious if they did have tan lines.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 01:57 PM   #492
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Are you serious? What does it matter what gender or race someone is that tends to be the majority who watches something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah. It's insane. And young justice was so good too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
OMG! I just saw an article on this crap. It's unfreakingbelievable. It's like these twats are living in the 1930's for crying out loud. Just read some of this article, and now I am seeing why TMNT has so many awful moments in their episodes like throwing up and just plain out goofy humor.

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2013/12...imation-wrong/

I'm just like, wow. Don't any of these execs have their own little girls to observe and ask what it is that they want to see to entice them to buy their toys? Last I looked, wasn't Barbie and My Little Pony and Frozen huge sellers in the toy world? What makes them think girls don't buy toys?
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Young Justice got canned because it was expensive to produce, the toyline bombed and viewership wasn't nearly strong enough to overcome that.

It's nowhere near as simple as 'Execs are evil and hate the shows I like'.
Season 2 of Young Justice is coming to Blu-ray, just so you know

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=15298
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:06 PM   #493
Sumac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
I can't say that parody of Friday 13 is an awesome start for the new season. More like confusing start.

I liked April's narration in the begining and stuff about Turtles relationship and reaction to the past events, but I absolutely didn't care about stuff with monster. I am not big fan of horror movies and Friday 13 in particular, so the whole thing was just not my cup of tea.

Leo's new voice definitely will take some time to used to. It's sounds VERY different from his previous voice(s) in this series.

I give this episode 1,5 Jasons out of 3.

Last edited by Sumac; 11-03-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #494
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
As weird as it sounds, I'm not a fan of horror movies, but I loved this episode. Love Leo's new voice (even though it was a bit jarring at first to hear it because I wasn't sure how he was going to sound) and the overall plot seemed great for me. All of the horror movie references haven't been that bad for me.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 05:20 PM   #495
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
As weird as it sounds, I'm not a fan of horror movies, but I loved this episode. Love Leo's new voice (even though it was a bit jarring at first to hear it because I wasn't sure how he was going to sound) and the overall plot seemed great for me. All of the horror movie references haven't been that bad for me.
Unfortunately for me, unlike seasons 1 and 2, so far, season three has yet to have an episode I care to see again. There might be clips that I like, but the episode itself, i could care less. I hope this changes, because right now, the odds of me actually buying this season don't look too good.

I actually kind of regret buying the last volume (second half of season 2) since Wrath Of Tiger Claw, Newtralized, Vengence is Mine and Dimension X are the only episodes I care to see again.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:39 PM   #496
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
you guys can have different opinions.....XD
On the drome? I thought that was against the rules?

Finally got caught back up with the new season, loved the beginning. So many great moments, I wish they would have continued with April's narration for the rest of the episode. I would have loved to see more of the turtles struggling alone.

I was quite shocked by the rest of the episode, I wasn't expecting it to have so many horror tropes in a season opener. I had to turn it off and fast forward through parts just not to scare my kids. Should have pre watched it before letting my little ones watch.

After the thrill ride they took us through in the season finale, this episode felt like a huge let down. I didn't feel any of the weight of what happened after the first few minutes of this episode. When compared to the last episode this one just doesn't measure up.
Leo's voice will take some getting use to, Seth isn't my choice for Leo. Biggs had the perfect pitch, but I'll tag along for now and see where they take this.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:32 PM   #497
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
As weird as it sounds, I'm not a fan of horror movies, but I loved this episode. Love Leo's new voice (even though it was a bit jarring at first to hear it because I wasn't sure how he was going to sound) and the overall plot seemed great for me. All of the horror movie references haven't been that bad for me.
Unfortunately for me, unlike seasons 1 and 2, so far, season three has yet to have an episode I care to see again. There might be clips that I like, but the episode itself, i could care less. I hope this changes, because right now, the odds of me actually buying this season don't look too good.

I actually kind of regret buying the last volume (second half of season 2) since Wrath Of Tiger Claw, Newtralized, Vengence is Mine and Dimension X are the only episodes I care to see again.
I guess I'm the same. I'm not big on horror either, but I'm finding these horror references funny...although, so far for this season, the ep I've rewatched the least has been Within the Woods. I had not prob with a tired Raph getting caught (it was mentioned that he'd remained vigilante over Leo while in his coma, so it makes sense if his game is off)...I'm still lost on the plant thing. Wish they just would've made him an ordinary turtle instead. TBH, I was wondering if it was a bad dream Raph was having, but I know better. There's nothing about it that was too farfetched for that....like Pizzaface.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:37 PM   #498
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I guess I'm the same. I'm not big on horror either, but I'm finding these horror references funny...although, so far for this season, the ep I've rewatched the least has been Within the Woods. I had not prob with a tired Raph getting caught (it was mentioned that he'd remained vigilante over Leo while in his coma, so it makes sense if his game is off)...I'm still lost on the plant thing. Wish they just would've made him an ordinary turtle instead. TBH, I was wondering if it was a bad dream Raph was having, but I know better. There's nothing about it that was too farfetched for that....like Pizzaface.
But if they did that then the Creep would be a retro-mutagen cure mutant and they wouldn't have keep using April's dna.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:45 PM   #499
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
But if they did that then the Creep would be a retro-mutagen cure mutant and they wouldn't have keep using April's dna.
So....suck the mutagen out of the body... Yeah, guess you're right...but a plant still didn't really make any sense...
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #500
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
So....suck the mutagen out of the body... Yeah, guess you're right...but a plant still didn't really make any sense...
Nope it doesn't but from a writer's standpoint it would have downplayed the importance of the retro-mutagen but it would better have Raph be an infected zombie.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls

Last edited by Luckyday; 11-04-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.