The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you enjoy TMNT?
A+ this was an awesome movie 87 41.63%
A It was really good 64 30.62%
B pretty good movie 43 20.57%
C eh it is ok but I like the older ones better 8 3.83%
D Disapointing I didn't really think it was all good 3 1.44%
E Terrible. Disgusting. worst movie of 2007 3 1.44%
I am not going to see this movie. Don't like CGI or ninja turtles. 1 0.48%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2007, 11:32 PM   #501
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
I'm not saying the art sucked or that it was poorly written -- I don't like the concept of cyborg Donny and Leo Skywalker... and apparently neither did Mirage. It was fine, even great for a side what-if kind of thing, but I just don't like permanently messing with the characters like that.
Guess you hate Volume 4 then, Gamera Raph, Mini Don. To me that's way lamer then cyborg Don and Raph with a jacked up face.

But yeah I too am glad it was a side thing and just what if.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:36 PM   #502
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi_Haruko View Post
Yup. Image comics. (Vol. 3). I read the summaries. Interesting detour for Raphie-boy.
It would have been kinda cool if they incorporated that into the movie. The Leo/Raph fight would have been even more intense
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:02 AM   #503
Fledermaus
Mad Scientist
 
Fledermaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire666xXxXx View Post
Guess you hate Volume 4 then, Gamera Raph, Mini Don.
WITH A PASSION... Concepts, writing, AND artwork (for the most part) in Volume 4 disgust me (not counting Tales of the TMNT...)

Plus... We sort of had Raph take that detour already of donning the mantle of a figure whom Leo is not very fond of. (My syntax grows all the more interesting as the night progresses.) It would have been interesting to see him as Shredder, but.... I kind of agree that it was best not to have him (or even a likeness of Shredder) featured in this movie. Instead, we get another Image comics reference: Knight Watchman.
__________________
We're calling it a freeway. Eight lanes of shimmering cement running from here to Pasadena. Smooth, safe, fast. Traffic jams will be a thing of the past. I see a place where people get on and off the freeway. On and off, off and on all day, all night! Soon there will be a string of gas stations, inexpensive motels, restaurants that serve rapidly prepared food! Tire salons, automobile dealerships and wonderful, wonderful billboards reaching as far as the eye can see! My God... It'll be beautiful.
Fledermaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:31 AM   #504
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fledermaus View Post
I'm sure there would be tons of bitching and moaning from some that Karai has just s**tted on the holy Shredder by donning the outfit. But if it's done right, there will be a slightly stronger voice of approval to balance the complainers.

I'm sorry. I'm not very positive today, am I?
I will be most displeased if Karai being a Shredder wannabe.

I prefer Karai unknown to the turtles, has saved the Shredder and tries to revive him back to normal extracting the ooze chemical from his blood(that explains his absense in the 3rd and fourth movie+Karai said about familiar face from the past). Put in some weird scientist and we have Oroku Saki back on track.

Last edited by Shark_Blade; 04-07-2007 at 12:41 AM.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:57 PM   #505
DavieBoy
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 9
I voted A.


I have seen the movie 5 times now, and have enjoyed it each time, but I didn't think it was spectacular. I did however think it was a very good film.

The relationship explored between Leonardo and Raphael was, as always, compelling and touching. There is a deep competitiveness there, and a feeling of resentment/jealousy and, whilst he will never admit it, perhaps inferiority on Raphael's part. Their competitive streaks sort of reminds me of my own relationship with my brother. The fight between the two was paramount and was a shock for Leonardo because it finally cast doubt upon his strongly reinforced belief that he is indeed the best ninja of the turtles. It also cememnted and proved to Raphael that he COULD be the leader, if as Splinter said, he tempered his qualities with compassion and humility, thus making him feel more adequate. Raphael is such a complex, troubled individual and reminds me somewhat of myself, and I empathise and admire him. His loving, loyal, protective nature which is hidden behind a facade of bravado. He is quickly becoming my favourite turtle, becasue when I was a kid I was intelligent and logical (and thus liked Donatello), but as I grew up I began to experience intense emotions and attachments towards people (a la Raph).

As that was potentially the main theme of the film, Michelangelo and Donatello didn't get much screen time. However. Donnie came across as the old head on young shoulders the real incarnation of him is, and he tried to steer Mikey on the right path.

The combat was reasonably engaging, the CGI freed the Turtles up to be outstandingly acrobatic, something live action would have made impossible. but the fight between Leo and Raph stands above all else.

No disrespect to Mako, but I am not sure his was the correct voice for Splinter. He just sounded TOO old and his voice was that of a very old man which contradicted the fighting he was able to perform at the movie's cilmax.

These are just my personal thoughts, and are in no way 100 per cent true. All in all though, it is a pretty good movie which I would award about 8/10. I am also very pleased with Karai's insinuation of a sequel involving the Shredder.


OH, I apologize for not being here often, I have had some personal prolems and thus had limited internet access.

Last edited by DavieBoy; 04-07-2007 at 02:08 PM.
DavieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:45 PM   #506
MAESTAS
Foot Soldier
 
MAESTAS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 100
I loved the movie! I can't wait to own it on dvd. The turtles looked sweet, and there was nothin bad about the movie. I don't have a favorite turtle, but I definitely have something in common with all 4 of the turtles.

Last edited by MAESTAS; 04-07-2007 at 07:52 PM.
MAESTAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:45 PM   #507
METALHEAD
Stone Warrior
 
METALHEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: san benito texas
Posts: 734
[QUOTE=Putrescent;485037]
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALHEAD View Post
ummmmm yeah I happen to be friends with some people who do that while I dont dig it I don't care what other people do as long as they arent having sex with real animals.
And the thing I said "to many freaks in the club" is a well known saying...like to many chefs in the kitchen i mean really you don't see any chefs coming in here and flipping out do you?
And I'll thank you to read the whole thread of before you jump down one persons throat.
p.s. please stop taking yourself so seriously I really find it funny from one person that dresses up and does caberet stage shows to another who dresses in animal costumes to really get pissed over something that insignificant it really makes you look insecure.
srry >.> ...i get easily angery.....the crap i put up in highschool...i easily over react...........
METALHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:10 AM   #508
Leonardo's_Girl
Thug
 
Leonardo's_Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Olympia, Washington
Posts: 90
I actually though it was really fantastic to the point I had to add it to my favorite movies list. It contains a good plot, good CGI (compare to alot of the CGI movies we got in 2006, well except for Ice Age 2, Cars, Monster House, Happy Feet, and Over the Hedge, they were all good), kick-butt action, lessons of honor, as well as brotherly relationships (especially of that and the conflicts between Leonardo and Raphael). There wasn't much of Donatello and Michelangelo mentioned, but it still remained at its greatness. I wouldn't even be surprised if the Shredder returned in the sequel, after all, Karai did mentioned that she and the foot would return with someone or something from the past. Anyway, it's a enjoyable movie, and I only recommendation I would give to kids younger than five, is that its good depends on that kid is used to watching. If a kid's not used to violence and action-packed stuff like that, I wouldn't recommend it for the kid, it might terrify it.
Leonardo's_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #509
aabxx
Thug
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 51
Omg It Was Fantastic!!!!!

I saw it for the first time just now because of certain complications.

AND OMFG IT was F****** INCREDIBLE.

Finally, FINALLY, after so many years, we have a brilliant TMNT-movie. And it looked SOOOOOO good... THANKYOU MR. MUNROE! THANKYOU!!! It was like past and present merged, and dream and reality became one. And I went with two kids who had never seen the turtles before and they shared my enthusiasm.

It looked oh so F****** good. And the soundtrack HIT YOU LIKE AN ORG***. And the turtles were like... I mean... they came to LIFE, plain and simple. And every moment was AWE-INSPIRING. I can't describe how F****** awesome it felt. I mean, it was so awesome I just want to scream F****** AWE****. I laughed, I cried, I cheered... and just now I screamed FU***** A***** and my sister just asked... what did you just say? And I screamed FU***** AWE**** again.

So you see... I really, really liked it. Shame on anyone who thinks it was anything short of F****** AW*****.

And warner bros, if you don't put out a sequel... I swear, I'm gonna **** **** *** ****.
aabxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #510
LogicDonny
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,643
whoa dude, slow down there, Cowboy.. too much excitment Glad you enjoyed the movie.
LogicDonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:26 PM   #511
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!
 
Kunoichi_Haruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
I see merging in this thread's future....

And also, why'd you censor "awesome"?
__________________
Kunoichi_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:27 PM   #512
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
After watching it awhile, I didn't realize it was CG as much. When the shots are just of the turtles and splinter it looked almost live action to me.

It's those pesky people that made me realize, Oh yeah I forgot this is CG
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:28 PM   #513
Revan
Han Shot First
 
Revan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
got it. you like
__________________
Revan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:29 PM   #514
LogicDonny
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunoichi_Haruko View Post
I see merging in this thread's future....

And also, why'd you censor "awesome"?
ya it is strange he would post this outside of my thread I mean that thread is so big now..

He's a new user. let him have his 30 seconds of fame

Like Spider Man says in Family guy when he saved Peter "You only get one!"
LogicDonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:31 PM   #515
LogicDonny
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,643
It is pretty awesome how far CG has come.

Speaking of CG, there was this channel that shows off cg shorts and one of them was this really old CG with a bird flying smiling at a fish in the water.. Oh if I could see that again..
LogicDonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:39 PM   #516
JetsAndHeels
Stone Warrior
 
JetsAndHeels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 596
Hey aabxx, did you enjoy the movie?

My thoughts would be, "**** yes I did!!"

Glad you had a great time.
__________________
JetsAndHeels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 12:55 PM   #517
aabxx
Thug
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 51
I just wanted to stir up some enthusiasm... so I almost had to start a new thread

But seriously, it was F***** A******. I didn't get to watch it before today because of certain complications, but some of you guys had me a bit worried with all your moaning... but like seriously... it was so F****** extraordinarily F***** A***** that I can't believe any single one of you would dare critisize it or have any complaints. It was a piece of art, a mona lisa for this millennium.

We should be kissing the ground upon which Mr. Munroe walks. Okay, maybe not literally but he made our dreams come true, fellows! My sister (the one with the kids) said she was skeptic about how good a movie about mutated ninja turtles could be, but she took that back, thought it was great and I even made her shout cowabunga together with me. But she thought I was overdoing it a bit when I kept shouting F****** A***** just a while ago.

I'm going to take a bath now. If I stumble, hit my head somewhere and fall into the water and die, I won't mind. Why? Because the movie was F****** A******.
aabxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:18 PM   #518
TheAnimatedSeries
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by aabxx View Post
I just wanted to stir up some enthusiasm... so I almost had to start a new thread

But seriously, it was F***** A******. I didn't get to watch it before today because of certain complications, but some of you guys had me a bit worried with all your moaning... but like seriously... it was so F****** extraordinarily F***** A***** that I can't believe any single one of you would dare critisize it or have any complaints. It was a piece of art, a mona lisa for this millennium.

We should be kissing the ground upon which Mr. Munroe walks. Okay, maybe not literally but he made our dreams come true, fellows! My sister (the one with the kids) said she was skeptic about how good a movie about mutated ninja turtles could be, but she took that back, thought it was great and I even made her shout cowabunga together with me. But she thought I was overdoing it a bit when I kept shouting F****** A***** just a while ago.

I'm going to take a bath now. If I stumble, hit my head somewhere and fall into the water and die, I won't mind. Why? Because the movie was F****** A******.
Yeah it was like a B-. Thats pretty good.

Only one movie has ever been so awesome that it somehow managed to make the word awesome dirty and explicit, and that movie is of course the a****** Hulk Hogan vehicle No Holds Barred.
__________________
...but thats just one black mans opinion.
Whats yours?





Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III is better than SOTO and the 2007 movie. You would know that if you were a gangster.
TheAnimatedSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 01:21 PM   #519
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!
 
Mr. Snackpants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mount Pleasant
Posts: 2,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by aabxx View Post
I just wanted to stir up some enthusiasm... so I almost had to start a new thread

But seriously, it was F***** A******. I didn't get to watch it before today because of certain complications, but some of you guys had me a bit worried with all your moaning... but like seriously... it was so F****** extraordinarily F***** A***** that I can't believe any single one of you would dare critisize it or have any complaints. It was a piece of art, a mona lisa for this millennium.

We should be kissing the ground upon which Mr. Munroe walks. Okay, maybe not literally but he made our dreams come true, fellows! My sister (the one with the kids) said she was skeptic about how good a movie about mutated ninja turtles could be, but she took that back, thought it was great and I even made her shout cowabunga together with me. But she thought I was overdoing it a bit when I kept shouting F****** A***** just a while ago.

I'm going to take a bath now. If I stumble, hit my head somewhere and fall into the water and die, I won't mind. Why? Because the movie was F****** A******.
It was really A******, huh?
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:42 AM   #520
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
lol aabxx. I admire your enthusiasmXD
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.