The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #501
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
I'll buy it when it shows up. But only because I want a complete set.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:35 PM   #502
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Bootlegs of the mini figures are already starting to pop up: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Frees...911510444.html
Anyone know what the quality of these is like?
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #503
billbot85
Mad Scientist
 
billbot85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,007
I hope they release lego sets of the OT series. It would be so awesome to own a lego Party Wagon!
__________________
MY COMPLETE WISH LIST:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...03#post1120403

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:11 PM   #504
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Anyone know what the quality of these is like?
No clue but considering the prices the real minifigs can go for these might be worth getting even if they are lower quality. The price is not bad.

Personally i already own all the sets so I'm good!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:18 PM   #505
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
No clue but considering the prices the real minifigs can go for these might be worth getting even if they are lower quality. The price is not bad.

Personally i already own all the sets so I'm good!
That's what I was thinking. I only have the cheapest set with Mikey and a Kraang, but I wouldn't mind having all the mini figures.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:35 AM   #506
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
I do want to point out that, if the ones they send look exactly like the pics, the faces do look a LITTLE off... especially the one on mikey. it looks nothing like the two variations LEGO is producing. It looks like they even gave him a gap in his teeth like Donny!
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #507
Luigiperps
Mad Scientist
 
Luigiperps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I do want to point out that, if the ones they send look exactly like the pics, the faces do look a LITTLE off... especially the one on mikey. it looks nothing like the two variations LEGO is producing. It looks like they even gave him a gap in his teeth like Donny!
Leo and Raph have the wrong green for their skin.
__________________

Why I love Mikey. He looks into the
face of a giant, killer, mutant alligator with this face.
Luigiperps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #508
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime
 
Whatswiththeheadbands?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Shadow's Sanctum
Posts: 3,007
hey everyone, i can't decide on something

i haven't got any TMNT Lego sets yet, so I'm wondering: Which one should i buy, the shell raiser set, or the turtle lair set?
__________________
Who knows what Evil lurks in the hearts of Men?
The Shadow knows...
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #509
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
hey everyone, i can't decide on something

i haven't got any TMNT Lego sets yet, so I'm wondering: Which one should i buy, the shell raiser set, or the turtle lair set?
If you had to get just one, or just one to start with, I think the turtle lair is best! If you still can't decide, get the one that has the characters you like the most
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:02 AM   #510
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime
 
Whatswiththeheadbands?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Shadow's Sanctum
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
If you had to get just one, or just one to start with, I think the turtle lair is best! If you still can't decide, get the one that has the characters you like the most
ok, thanks. in that case, its the shellraiser set.
__________________
Who knows what Evil lurks in the hearts of Men?
The Shadow knows...
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #511
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
amazon has some nice sales on several of the TMNT lego sets right now. I updated the first post to inform people about potential amazon sales both current and future.

Check the first post for direct links to the sets! Some are 20% off or more at this very moment.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #512
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime
 
Whatswiththeheadbands?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Shadow's Sanctum
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
If you had to get just one, or just one to start with, I think the turtle lair is best! If you still can't decide, get the one that has the characters you like the most
EDIT: I've changed my mind, i have ordered the turtle's lair set, although i plan on getting all the sets
__________________
Who knows what Evil lurks in the hearts of Men?
The Shadow knows...
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:56 AM   #513
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Just bought the Baxter Stockman set, it is awesome. I love that Mouser build.

Now I only lack Leo of the Turtles, and I have to get the Shredder set. I might end up with them all...
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:00 AM   #514
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Just bought the Baxter Stockman set, it is awesome. I love that Mouser build.

Now I only lack Leo of the Turtles, and I have to get the Shredder set. I might end up with them all...
LEGOs are like Pringles... "Once you pop, you can't stop."

I ended up buying every one of the sets, but aside from the Shellraiser and Stealth Bike, all I have out on display right now is the mini-figures.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:38 AM   #515
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
EDIT: I've changed my mind, i have ordered the turtle's lair set, although i plan on getting all the sets
I approve of your choice! It's also the only set that has Splinter. Obviously, this makes it the most awesome set. Heh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Just bought the Baxter Stockman set, it is awesome. I love that Mouser build.

Now I only lack Leo of the Turtles, and I have to get the Shredder set. I might end up with them all...
Yeah I like it too, there's a lot you can do with the robot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MST3KFan View Post
LEGOs are like Pringles... "Once you pop, you can't stop."

I ended up buying every one of the sets, but aside from the Shellraiser and Stealth Bike, all I have out on display right now is the mini-figures.
Cool! I have every set so far, they are worth every penny to me. I love LEGO. Can't wait for the upcoming LEGO movie, which btw, if you guys haven't seen the trailer... it has TMNT in it!

Just a reminder, there are amazon links in the first post, if you want a good deal on any of the sets you can find them on sale frequently there.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:46 AM   #516
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
You think they will have new sets at SDCC?
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #517
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Schrader View Post
You think they will have new sets at SDCC?
Anything can happen but I think it is more likely they will show them at NYCC in October for a Dec/Jan release... that's if they actually are making more.

TMNT has a really strong toy line from playmates to compete against the lego sets... a lot of other brands don't have that, or when they do, the toys aren't as popular as the 2012 playmates stuff has been. I have no idea how well the TMNT LEGO sets are selling.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #518
Mintyfresh
Foot Soldier
 
Mintyfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: MN
Posts: 100
Where can I get the polybag set 30270(krangs Target practice). The cheapest I can find it online is about 30 bucks. Is this available in any stores?
Mintyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #519
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Target stores across the nation are having LEGO clearance sales, I spotted some TMNT sets on sale for up to 30% off. Check your local stores guys. I saw Stealth Shell in Pursuit for $10 and change!

They are making room for the Summer 2013 LEGO sets that are rolling out now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintyfresh View Post
Where can I get the polybag set 30270(krangs Target practice). The cheapest I can find it online is about 30 bucks. Is this available in any stores?
My advice is to go on brickset.com and look at the "links" section for this item. Check the various links there for places selling it and find the best price!

And you are right it is currently selling for RIDICULOUS prices... but that is not rare in the LEGO world Sorry... but at least you can be happy this is not an exclusive minifigure or anything... it's really nowhere near worth $40 for what it comes with.

I understand why, as a collector, you may want it. But if you look at its parts list... it doesn't come with any rare parts... you could piece it together yourself from bricklink!

Last edited by Zulithe; 07-11-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #520
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I caved and bought the Kraang Lab Escape set earlier. It's a really cool, fun set to build...however, right now it's in the form of the alternate boat build. If I had enough money to spare right now I'd buy the rest of the sets..too bad LEGO sets are pricey for what you get.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.