![]() |
|
|
#5201 |
|
tactical blackquill
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
|
Well that isn't a pleasant thought.
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#5202 | ||
|
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
|
Welcome to the wonderful world of Capitalism!
__________________
------------------------------------------------------ Quote:
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#5203 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
|
Ambulance chasing, schister chiropractors.
So, while at the hospital with Trey, I got a call from someone saying the weren't affiliated with insurance but that my wife and I should come in to his office for a medical evaluation paid for by Geico, the insurance of the guy who rearended us. Call my dad who is my lift at the moment as our car is totaled, and he thinks it's kinds sketchy but agrees to take Angela and me to the office while my mom watched Trey. We go...and it's just a chiropractic once over to try and milk Geico for our minimal neck injuries. Knew something was off when he wrote 6 weeks on my xray and said he'd have me right as rain in that time....that and the ads around the office for laser weightloss and him flat telling my wife after looking at my xray he could find the same issues in hers. Only good to come of it was a copy of the police report (man I wish these kind of quacks couldn't get that info...thankfully Trey's info was redacted.), a pair of really hard neck pillows ("If I give one to one spouse...the other BEGS for one."), and 2 ice/heat packs. And for this we were away from our son's bedside for a little over an hour.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 Last edited by Jester; 01-07-2016 at 07:35 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5204 |
|
That whack job behind you
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
|
3 words: burnt microwave popcorn!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5205 |
|
I Married a Duck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
|
Sore feet. Another long-a$$ 11 hour shift today, and now my feet are killing me. These long hours are really starting to get to me. 9-10 hrs busting my rear on my feet all day, and having to get up before 4 AM every day. This sh*ts getting old.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs" "Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491 My various stories and fan-fics are now here- https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end |
|
|
|
|
|
#5206 |
|
Resident overthinker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
|
Oh, where's the lie? Now to go into a five-page long debate if it's the smell that's the worst part or the taste.
I feel you there! At it's always when you're leaving that it gets the absolute worst.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5207 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
When did Powerball double in price... Been a long time since I bought any. Guess my would be $5 worth is now forced to be $10...
Also, it's hard being a weirdly sentimental type. Before leaving the house I realized that the few crisp 2013 $20 bills in my hand (that had been money received for Christmas) have serial numbers in consecutive order. Now I feel terrible about spending the one today, and the others eventually, and splitting them up. (Dammit, the Blue Door script is almost giving me PTSD flash backs over our green money. lol You'll never see each other again.) Plus I think bills in order could be valuable at some point, supposedly. If only they were $1's and not $20's I'd have just kept them.Be free little $20 bill spent for the first time by someone, by me, and on the Powerball... and bring me a little luck. At least to break even. (If anything though I'll add them all to my WheresGeorge.com collection.) |
|
|
|
|
|
#5208 |
|
Resident overthinker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
|
Tumblr's instant message feature does not seem to have a history browser or scrolling, as far as I've found. Which is really inconvenient for trying to see earlier comments in a conversation.
It is quite annoying and I can't seem to find any confirmation on it...or if if it's laughing in my face in an incredibly obvious place.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5209 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
Drat... only three numbers matched for the Powerball, but on three different lines. Had hoped to at least break even or get a few bucks back. Ah well.
Powerball # is 13 though... no winners among the "pick it yourself" superstitious out there. ![]() Well, good luck to anyone else with a ticket. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5210 |
|
Resident overthinker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
|
Going back to the animated Titanic musical, and one of the points I hate having to defend but will anyway.
When people - especially reviewers - call the family that the main character works for her "step family" and calls her character a Cinderella ripoff. But, no. All the no. That's the foster family that she works for! She even directly calls the old woman her "foster mother". Her story is that she was left with them when she was a baby, and the family she was left with proceeded to overwork and abuse her. Which was not unusual in that time period. When a (poor) family found themselves unable to devote time to the care of a small child, they would leave them with a wealthy family to work for them. If anything, she's more like Fantine from Les Miserable than Cinderella. Right down to falling in love with a rich guy...even though she had been raised wealthy by the man who took her from the Thénardiers.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5211 |
|
Spooky ghost
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,266
|
Animated Titanic movie? Rapping dog? I must have hit my head hard this time.
__________________
ProactiveMan!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5212 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 4,068
|
No, it's a thing of "beauty" hah hah
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned... |
|
|
|
|
|
#5213 |
|
I Married a Duck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
|
Cell phone mishaps. Got off work early today, and sent my hubby a text to let him know while I was in the bathroom changing out of my work clothes. Put my phone and work shirt on top of the TP dispenser, and when I pulled down the tp, it knocked them both off. The shirt ended up on the floor, but my phone somehow slipped through a two inch gap between my legs- right into the toilet. Pulled it out immediately, but it was too late- water had gotten into it, and even after taking it apart and holding it under the hand dryer a few times, it took four hours before I could get it to work again! Now it thinks I have headphones plugged in, and it doesn't do any of the sounds that it normally does when turned on or off, or the keyboard buttons are touched or when it's plugged in to charge on the PC....
The other major grind is doctor office mix-ups. Hubby's appointment to get the cath-tubes out of his chest was scheduled for 3 PM, and even the confirmation call on Friday had it for that time. But someone had moved it to 1, WITHOUT notifying him! So the doc called at 1:45 to find out where he was, which is how we found out it had been moved up. So he had to call the TAPS bus for an earlier pick-up, and call the doctor's office to sort out the mess. We finally got there and got him in, but had to call TAPS AGAIN to arrange a ride home, since he hadn't been on their roster for today, and the ride home was scheduled for 4:30, but since he went in early, he was done by 3, which meant we would have had to wait an hour and a half for the bus to take us home. This is why we hate doctor visits- it's always a huge hassle.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs" "Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491 My various stories and fan-fics are now here- https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end |
|
|
|
|
|
#5214 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
Yahoo! Answers. When you have a really good response but the question is deleted before you can submit it, and only found out when you tried.
Also, people who talk to much. Spend all morning and afternoon in the commotion and surrounding constant activity of work, wishing simply for some peace and quiet after getting home, only to have others get home just shortly after I do and have been jabbering on loudly nonstop since then. Arg! Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-11-2016 at 04:56 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5215 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,998
|
The term "bae".
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5216 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
Those stupid long size stickers shirts on the front of folded shirts in stores. Could they be any stickier? Just tried to wash a shirt I got recently because the sticker left sticky junk on the screen print. And after washing... it's still there.
It's even a TMNT shirt. Edit: Also, looking up song lyrics and finding that a word or two (or few) are different than what you were hearing and now it's not as good. lol (Back to hearing what I want...) Last edited by IndigoErth; 01-12-2016 at 10:34 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5217 | ||
|
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
|
Insurance deductibles.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------ Quote:
Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#5218 |
|
Control Your Narrative
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: New England
Posts: 1,763
|
I really could make a novel or tiny book detailing every little thing on that stupid teacher I keep bringing it up.
1. Yesterday we had an assignment involving any person who influenced us in some way shape or form. The due date is set up for today according to the online class stream. If some of my writing on here is indication, it takes me a while to get my wording down perfectly on how I want to do it. Sure enough I just finished it, but I repeat these words for what she wrote on the stream today at 11:15. "Still missing a few GOs from yesterday. Please turn in by tonight for late credit, as they were due yesterday!!!!" However, if I showed a picture (which I still can't Okay, on a lighter note of a gear grinder, still no snow in my state. Come on man, there was no snow on Christmas (which was somewhat a blessing in disguise) but we're nearing the middle of winter with barely a drop. I'm not a big snow fan, but seriously at least appease people who like that weather. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5219 |
|
Spooky ghost
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,266
|
I just spent all day cataloguing brochures. Does that sound redundant to anyone else? It hasn't been done in three years, so there was a hell of a backlog, and I've been staring at a spreadsheet for so long, I can see horizontal lines when I close my eyes.
__________________
ProactiveMan!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5220 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
Bittersweet dreams, especially ones involving love.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|