The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2016, 04:15 PM   #5261
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Any ways for my unrelated gear grind , I hate metal elitist who think you're lesser for liking certain types of metal. I got into a debate with some d*ck who thought people who like Avenged Sevenfold are immature and said the band members were a bunch of p*ssies for creating music they don't like. How hard is it for people to realize some types of music just aren't made for them and that people who like different music aren't lesser. The stupidity of people irritates me.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 05:02 PM   #5262
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Avenged Sevenfold. Screw those guys, they sound ridiculous.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 06:15 PM   #5263
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Avenged Sevenfold. Screw those guys, they sound ridiculous.
I don't even care if people hate them, but they were calling Avenged's female fan base "girls" because women listen to real metal. What kind of Bull sh*t is that. There were also a lot of debates about if Avenged was metal or not, I mean they have a lot of different styles but there's no doubt that a lot of the styles are metal.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 03:59 AM   #5264
Mayhem
Foot Elite
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 4,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninturtle View Post
Stop fat f*ck shaming.
Sorry, I completely agree with Leo. There are two categories of overweight people: those who are trying to do something about it, who get my support, and those who wallow in their morbid obesity, who get my disdain.
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 06:34 AM   #5265
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
I'll second that. I tend to see mostly the later type in my line if work. When you are so big you can barely squeeze into the drivers seat and move the steering wheel even with the seat all the way back, its time to realize you need a fast food intervention. And chaging your drink to a diet wont offset the fact you just upsized your meal.....
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:07 AM   #5266
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
Sorry, I completely agree with Leo. There are two categories of overweight people: those who are trying to do something about it, who get my support, and those who wallow in their morbid obesity, who get my disdain.
I was joking, hence why I called the people fat f*cks.
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:12 AM   #5267
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
Hi, fat person here.
I really don't care about whether or not I have your "support."
I also really don't have to justify why I'm fat to anyone.

The simple fact that you think your opinion matters at all is the great failure of the internet.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:13 AM   #5268
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Fake ass losers who pretend they're official TMNT staff on Deviantart. A few weeks ago some lunatic claimed to be a 4kids animator, now there's another nut who says they're doing voiceovers. These are grown ass adults, mind you, who convince children they're important people in the franchise for whatever reason, be it the attention or praise... I hate it. Got the first one to come forward, hopefully I can do the same with this next asshole.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 09:26 AM   #5269
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Fake ass losers who pretend they're official TMNT staff on Deviantart. A few weeks ago some lunatic claimed to be a 4kids animator, now there's another nut who says they're doing voiceovers. These are grown ass adults, mind you, who convince children they're important people in the franchise for whatever reason, be it the attention or praise... I hate it. Got the first one to come forward, hopefully I can do the same with this next asshole.
Go get 'im, bro.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:04 AM   #5270
Mayhem
Foot Elite
 
Mayhem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 4,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
And changing your drink to a diet wont offset the fact you just upsized your meal.....
And depending on your circumstances and a few other factors, may actually increase your likelihood of gaining weight (over drinking regular soda) instead of decreasing it...
__________________
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 11:55 AM   #5271
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
So there isn't much work this week, but keeping an eye on the schedule because sometimes someone likes to adjust it late in the game. (Esp lately as I think corporate is giving them less hours that they can hand out. Last week they had to tweak it five times...)

So I try to log onto the employee site to see if anything has changed, but the login info is "invalid." >.> Apparnetly passwords expire every 90 days. (How have I already worked there for three months?? )

Sooo... I try to reset the password, which it appears to have accepted okay. But I'm not entirely sure yet, because when I went to login again to make sure it works and try to see the schedule... it tells me that the account is locked for 24 hours.

Aw, what the hell...


I guess it's a safety thing, but come on! And about seeing the schedule?? Well they just better not make any late changes to it that I'm not going to know about soon enough.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Fake ass losers who pretend they're official TMNT staff on Deviantart. A few weeks ago some lunatic claimed to be a 4kids animator, now there's another nut who says they're doing voiceovers. These are grown ass adults, mind you, who convince children they're important people in the franchise for whatever reason, be it the attention or praise... I hate it. Got the first one to come forward, hopefully I can do the same with this next asshole.
THANK YOU.

There have been certain people on there that I have been irritated with for quite a while... at least one of them I suspect you may well be talking about the same person. I seriously thought I was alone in not believing their nonsense and being irritated at their attention whoring lies.

At this point, with DA's report rules so strict, I'd had to try to accept that its up to other people to be stupid enough to buy it, but it really rubs me the wrong way that other people are being used (be it the actual artists or way too trusting and/or gullible fans) to get attention and praise for work that isn't theirs. I've tried to gently say stuff in the past, because it does bother me a lot, but it never did any good.

One in particular (who *cough* claims to be a voice actor) I know had also been claiming other fan's art/work as their own as well. He denied it of course, as well as his friends who threw a fit - even in the face of my having tracked down two of the actual owners and those people were in fact, as suspected, not the same guy.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:18 PM   #5272
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
DA has gotten really bad with artistic piracy/plagerism lately. Some of my favorite artists there have had problems with their art being stolen and tweaked by others who then claim it as their own. Its appalling.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:41 PM   #5273
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Hi, fat person here.
I really don't care about whether or not I have your "support."
I also really don't have to justify why I'm fat to anyone.

The simple fact that you think your opinion matters at all is the great failure of the internet.
Nobody wants to be fat and/or unattractive. For most people it's on account of bad dieting and/or eating disorder. For others it's genetics, or possibly a chemical imbalance. For a while now I'm pretty certain the medications I've been on have attributed to my weight problem, though as I'm typing this I look over at the half-drunk bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper and realize my biggest vice is these d*mn soft drinks I keep guzzling!!!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:49 PM   #5274
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
lmao. I'mma gonna wallow in cheeseburgers and be content with my current weight, I'm in no hurry getting thin or "attractive".
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 01:58 PM   #5275
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Nobody wants to be fat and/or unattractive. For most people it's on account of bad dieting and/or eating disorder. For others it's genetics, or possibly a chemical imbalance. For a while now I'm pretty certain the medications I've been on have attributed to my weight problem, though as I'm typing this I look over at the half-drunk bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper and realize my biggest vice is these d*mn soft drinks I keep guzzling!!!
Don't speak for me.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:04 PM   #5276
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Don't speak for me.
Actually, I was speaking for my dead cousin and his mom. Maybe if I had said something then, my uncle Jim would still have a family!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:08 PM   #5277
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
So the quote was useful because..?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:11 PM   #5278
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
So the quote was useful because..?
To be honest, I was originally gonna make a joke and post an image of Eric Cartman, but then I decided to be serious and discuss the topic. Apparently though, some people can't handle it without taking things personally. Obesity is a touchy subject, especially for people who've lost loved ones. To this day I regret not talking my cousin out of getting that gastric bypass!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:19 PM   #5279
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
To be honest, I was originally gonna make a joke and post an image of Eric Cartman, but then I decided to be serious and discuss the topic. Apparently though, some people can't handle it without taking things personally. Obesity is a touchy subject, especially for people who've lost loved ones. To this day I regret not talking my cousin out of getting that gastric bypass!
Bolded for emphasis.
And wow...if you think I'm being touchy now, just imagine how I'd be if you went and compared me to Cartman.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 02:25 PM   #5280
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Hey, if you think that's bad, try eating at my sister's house! I can't have more than a couple hot dogs without her nagging me. I know she means well and is worried that I'm gonna end up like our cousin, but she tends to forget that I'm a lot more physically active than he was, plus using a surgical procedure to alter your appearance is pathetic and vain. I'd just as soon attend a fat camp than take the lazy way out!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988


Last edited by Jephael; 01-18-2016 at 02:36 PM.
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.