The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 09:24 AM   #521
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
See I told you guys! Well worth the wait hu?
Though admittedly the Shell articulation on the classics figures is really strange.
They added so much detail to the new show figures also and changed the toes, they really don't look so bad now.
Before they had them lumped together like they do in the images of show promo art.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #522
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
I'd say summer if the show starts in September, given that the first wave of 4Kids was released a couple months before that show began. And now we know more about the vehicles used. The Shellraiser is to this series to what the Turtle Van was the Fred Wolf and the Battle Shell was to 4kids. The Rippen' Rider, while perhaps not in this series, is a cool modern update to the Turtlecycle. And, I look forward to some cool animation with that Ninja Stealth bike as it is confirmed, with its defensive shell covering the Turtles when in danger. And that exclusive Foot Soldier figure on that Dragon Bike looks really neat as well!

Well, from the new figures, it looks like these Foot Soldiers are based on the movies in design. The Kraang alien looks quite a bit like the original Krang with Android body, so it may be a series of "Invasion of the Krangazoids" plots, though with Android bodies instead of just walkers.

Doesn't that new April remind you though a bit of Misty from Pokemon, though?
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #523
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
This has already been posted in the correct section.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...=33523&page=17
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...=33523&page=18
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #524
CrazySquirrel
Foot Soldier
 
CrazySquirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 147
Awesome preview! Splinter, Shredder, Foot Soldier and Kraang look great! What are your theories on the bike Foot member looks part mutant?

Yep there's little kid April.... yep there she is...
CrazySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:44 AM   #525
lowbacca
Random Punk
 
lowbacca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 20
Maybe it was just me, but I was hoping for happier expressions on the classics turtles' faces. Fingers crossed for some variants or interchangeable heads.
But overall they have a really good S01 look going on.
lowbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #526
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
I was on the fence about the Classics, but I'm blown away. I don't particularly like the OT, but these figures are a must-buy.
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #527
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Updated the front page with links and images.
Thanks to MTV, Rose, & Chaotix12345 for the speedy links.
[Mod Edit by Machias: And new title as per requested. WOOT!]
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:59 AM   #528
scar1321
Hench Mutant
 
scar1321's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 252
These are great! I'll have to buy at least 2 sets of both the Classics and the regular series ones Turtles!
__________________
Need action figures and parts? I might have it!



Always adding new stuff!
scar1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #529
mysterycolor
t-u-r-t-l-e seller!!
 
mysterycolor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,481
extremely awesome! cannot wait to get them!
__________________
mysterycolor TMNT ebay auctions- http://bit.ly/mysterycolor
mysterycolor's basement auctions- bit.ly/mysterybasement
mysterycolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #530
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
I brought this thread back to life, so I give myself credit for all this great news...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #531
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
Talking

Love these, did a review of the Classic Turtles on Cowabunga Corner...

http://www.cowabungacorner.com/revie...ssic-tmnt-toys


I can not wait for these new toys to hit the shelves at the stores. It's so exciting!
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #532
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
When exactly are they supposed to hit shelves?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #533
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist
 
Shreddhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,470
From what i can tell, these new figures look great. That giant playset at the end is fantastic! the only complaint i have is that it doesnt look like the weapons fit too well in a lot of their hands. but it may just be the pictures.
__________________

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #534
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveyAngelo View Post
Love these, did a review of the Classic Turtles on Cowabunga Corner...

http://www.cowabungacorner.com/revie...ssic-tmnt-toys


I can not wait for these new toys to hit the shelves at the stores. It's so exciting!
Nice review and I couldn't agree more about the unneeded articulation in the front of the shell.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #535
pihb
Hench Mutant
 
pihb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 296
These are so awesome!
pihb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:43 AM   #536
Zage
Hench Mutant
 
Zage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Posts: 255
These look AWESOME!!!!
__________________
My top 10 "never been made" figures that I wanna see are:

Dreadmon
Ninjara
Jagwar
Roadkill Rodney
Lt. Granitor
generic Stone Warrior/ Rock Soldier {preferably a 2-pack, one orangy brown, the other bluish grey}
Kid Terra
Bookwurm /w/ Innardo
Tora
Shogun


Do you ever wonder, if Baxter, as the fly, ever had the urge to eat poop?
Zage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #537
renegadez21
Foot Soldier
 
renegadez21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: new orleans sewers
Posts: 140
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
renegadez21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #538
Topsu
Hench Mutant
 
Topsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 400
Classic turtles look better than I expected, altho that articulation in middle of shell looks odd. Here's hoping the line will last several waves. But I'm more surprised about those new figures, they look much better than first pics of new cartoon!
Topsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:56 AM   #539
RAPHAEL#1fan
Foot Soldier
 
RAPHAEL#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 114
Yes! They all look nice. Can't wait to get my hands on them.
RAPHAEL#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #540
Doc_ock_4mugen
Hench Mutant
 
Doc_ock_4mugen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 389
I have good news for Playmates: They have managed to reduce the amount of Money that I was going to give to Mattel in 2012... The classics look ultra awesome!
__________________
Mikey might be part of Nick now, but he still loves Miley... I mean Hannah... Stupid Secret Identity!!
Doc_ock_4mugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.