The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #541
Theli
Foot Soldier
 
Theli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lower-Austria
Posts: 103
Okay, i just watched the first two episodes of this new nick. Show.

Well..To be honest it is not my thing... It is made for kids and you can see that. There is a not bad sense of humor going on, but there is so much that doesn't really fit for me into turtles... I've never seen the turtles as "kids". i know they're teenagers, but in the 80's cartoon and in the 03' cartoon (i like that one also very much) you don't see them much acting or behavior as kids.

I guess they made the turtles like kids this time so that kids who watchin this show can identify with them. I'am not a kid so i can't identify with the new turtles.

I think it is positiv that they are some kind of different looking to each other this time.. Don is a bit taller and has different body, mike is smaller, they have different eyes..that is really positive. But why is Splinter taller than all turtles? I don't like that... This shows again the connection to the real kids world today... SPlinter is their father, so he must be taller than his sons. I don't like that.


Well what else to say? I think the voice acting is pretty good. I don't like the look in general of the turtles - they look like little cute puppy pets you want to cuddle. What the shell...? But i guess it is the way of growing older that made me this view on the show... I don't bother really much because every generation should have their TMNT... If i don't like the actual one or not...i really don't care because i can still watch the old ones.

And it is in general a good thing to keep the TMNT Franchise alive. So we can hope also for old stuff released new..like the Turtles classic collection figure. Just because the franchise is popular, and this is a good thing.
__________________
Theli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #542
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theli View Post
Okay, i just watched the first two episodes of this new nick. Show.

Well..To be honest it is not my thing... It is made for kids and you can see that. There is a not bad sense of humor going on, but there is so much that doesn't really fit for me into turtles... I've never seen the turtles as "kids". i know they're teenagers, but in the 80's cartoon and in the 03' cartoon (i like that one also very much) you don't see them much acting or behavior as kids.

I guess they made the turtles like kids this time so that kids who watchin this show can identify with them. I'am not a kid so i can't identify with the new turtles.

I think it is positiv that they are some kind of different looking to each other this time.. Don is a bit taller and has different body, mike is smaller, they have different eyes..that is really positive. But why is Splinter taller than all turtles? I don't like that... This shows again the connection to the real kids world today... SPlinter is their father, so he must be taller than his sons. I don't like that.


Well what else to say? I think the voice acting is pretty good. I don't like the look in general of the turtles - they look like little cute puppy pets you want to cuddle. What the shell...? But i guess it is the way of growing older that made me this view on the show... I don't bother really much because every generation should have their TMNT... If i don't like the actual one or not...i really don't care because i can still watch the old ones.

And it is in general a good thing to keep the TMNT Franchise alive. So we can hope also for old stuff released new..like the Turtles classic collection figure. Just because the franchise is popular, and this is a good thing.
Completely odd viewpoint here. The Turtles act like real 15 year olds for the first time...ever.

The previous incarnations always had them acting like they were in their early 20's despite being teenagers. Do you actually remember what you were like at 15?

And why are you complaining that the Turtles have unique designs for once? Instead of just being copy/paste models of each other so the animators can cheap out with? It actually gives them more personality.

You're one of the few people here who seems to have a negative view on the show, but not because of the writing of the episodes, but because you don't like them being treated as real teenagers.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:34 PM   #543
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I can't really knock his opinion, unlike so many who dismiss the show, he gives fair enough reason to dislike it. All these guys on FB & stuff just hate it by default, they don't even give it a chance. I may not agree with him, but he acknowledges that it's not made for him and that the fact it exists is good for the franchise. A bit of wisdom never hurt.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:24 AM   #544
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yeah, this poster actually backs up what he/she says instead of just stating they hate it with no reason as to why. I also don't agree, but I respect his/her opinion.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #545
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I can't really knock his opinion, unlike so many who dismiss the show, he gives fair enough reason to dislike it. All these guys on FB & stuff just hate it by default, they don't even give it a chance. I may not agree with him, but he acknowledges that it's not made for him and that the fact it exists is good for the franchise. A bit of wisdom never hurt.
I thought most of those casuals hating on it finally shut up after it aired and everyone realized it was a good show.

I think the people were bashing it on initial trailers or thinking it looked like PS2 graphics or something like that.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:28 AM   #546
Theli
Foot Soldier
 
Theli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lower-Austria
Posts: 103
i didn't bashed the show, maybe it was not clear in my post but i think there are positive points and negatives.

PS: i've already watched some of the Episodes.

I will sum it up again:

Positive:

*Turtles have each different bodys and looks (although i hate the missing teeth of Donatello) (You've seen this as a negative point - but i said it is positive)

*Nice Humor

*Some of the fighting scenes are nice (like splinter)

*voice acting is pretty good

*references to cultobjects like Star Trek

*The characters of the turtles have time to grow and change

*new storyline with old characters

*keeps the franchise alive

Negative:

*Computeranimated

*Turtles act like 10 year old and not like 15. (i was not that much childish with 15) I like them more adult like in the 2003 or 80's show

*Turtles are not tall enough, they don't just act like kids, they even look like kids.

* some of the fighting scenes are odd and too fast...i think it is really boring seeing the turtles rotating their weapons all the time (this crosses with my positive mention because some are better and some are not)

*Turtles look like theyre from an hello kitty franchise. You want to cuddle them. I don't like this.



My personal view, is that i don't like the show much of the negative points. if i compare them to the 80s and 03' show the negative points are more significant to me than in the older shows. But that doesn't mean i dont watch the new show. I'am a turtle fan and i consume all that has something to do with turtles.

but i've seen already the 2012 show is very popular in this forum, so i better shut my mouth about saying anything bad.
__________________
Theli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #547
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Why do you think the Turtles look like they're from Hello Kitty? The Turtles don't look cute and cuddly at all except for maybe Mike's design.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #548
Theli
Foot Soldier
 
Theli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lower-Austria
Posts: 103
Why why? Because it is my point of view..i can't explain why they are looking like this for me.. If you see a car where you don't like the design can you explain why you don't like it? More than "they just look to cuddly and cutie for me" isn't explanationable.

__________________

Last edited by Theli; 12-23-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Theli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #549
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Theli does make some valid points, especially about how the Turtles act like little kids. I'll admit I find it a little off-putting at times.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #550
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Theli does make some valid points, especially about how the Turtles act like little kids. I'll admit I find it a little off-putting at times.
How the hell do they act like little kids? They act like 15 year olds.

Most 15 year olds are very immature and naive. Stop trying to act like 15 year old kids act like 20 year olds because they don't.

A 9th grader doesn't act the same as a College student.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:30 PM   #551
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theli View Post

Negative:

*Computeranimated

*Turtles act like 10 year old and not like 15. (i was not that much childish with 15) I like them more adult like in the 2003 or 80's show

*Turtles are not tall enough, they don't just act like kids, they even look like kids.

*Turtles look like theyre from an hello kitty franchise. You want to cuddle them. I don't like this.

My personal view, is that i don't like the show much of the negative points. if i compare them to the 80s and 03' show the negative points are more significant to me than in the older shows. But that doesn't mean i dont watch the new show. I'am a turtle fan and i consume all that has something to do with turtles.

but i've seen already the 2012 show is very popular in this forum, so i better shut my mouth about saying anything bad.
So computer animation is just a negative to you regardless of quality? Great start.

Maybe they act, look and sound like kids....because they ARE kids. They're depicted as being in the 14-15 year age range. I don't know what kids you know but most kids that age aren't serious brooding 'bad-asses'.

And yeah. The 80s show designs were muuuuuuuuuch more adult and weren't cuddly at all. Wait....no.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #552
Theli
Foot Soldier
 
Theli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lower-Austria
Posts: 103
Yeah, believe it or not but i choose drawn cartoons over computeranimated. I grew up with drawn cartoons. I know there's a lot of computeranimated Cartoons on air right now, but that is not the art i grew up with. Take it as "bad" influence from my childhood. It doesn't make the show bad itself or anything like that, but it gives me an unsatisfied feeling. I would prefer evertyime drawn cartoons over computeranimated.


I really think the 80's show were more adult, yes. For example take the sacrastic comments of Raphael. I never heard a 15 years doing sarcastic jokes likes this.

I have no idea why the Nick. show gets defended that much brute here, it is just a show i don't get along with - it is no my favorite and i have critic points, but i also have critic points if it comes to the older shows. Why are you feeling your duty to defend this new show so much? I have an opinion and if you disagree, okay. Why do you care so much? If the 80's show is feeling more adult for me or not is not your judge...but i can offer my opinion here, not?
__________________
Theli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #553
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Sure but saying the designs of the 80s turtles were more adult is just plain wrong. They're round and cherubic for bosh's sake!
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #554
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theli View Post

I really think the 80's show were more adult, yes. For example take the sacrastic comments of Raphael. I never heard a 15 years doing sarcastic jokes likes this.
You've never heard a teenager be sarcastic? Like...what?
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #555
Theli
Foot Soldier
 
Theli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lower-Austria
Posts: 103
Okay, i have to admit i don't know much teenagers probably because that is why .
__________________
Theli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #556
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
Ninjara needs to come back. There should be an episode where the Rat King wraps her like a mummy and the turtles have to save her.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #557
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
We get it, you're a furry. You don't have to make every one of your posts be about Ninjara. Especially not when it incorporates what seems to be a thinly veiled fetish...
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:20 PM   #558
Yorae
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 300
One thing I would REALLY like to see is the Turtles (and April) actually aging/ maturing throughout the series. We start off with the Turtles as naiive, sorta starry-eyed kids. It would be amazing IMO if their characters grow as a result of experience until they become the full fledged ninjas they are destined to be.
Yorae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #559
Tomoshibi Amatsu
Hench Mutant
 
Tomoshibi Amatsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvaina
Posts: 275
Honesty I'm not sure where this series could improve. It's like right in the middle between the 80s cartoon and 2K3. I think that's what bothers me the most about it. It's not unique in a way that the other two cartoons were. I'm sure someone will disagree with me saying that but it's the only way I can describe my feelings towards it. I mean yay we got a new Turtles show that's awesome. It interests me about as much as Transformers Prime, which I'm sure you can guess didn't really interest me at all. I guess what I'm saying is that the other two shows worked because they did drastically different things with each. This one though doesn't feel that way.

I'm not saying it's unwatchable by any means, but let me lay this one on you. I haven't watched it in weeks. Mainly because I just don't feel like getting up to watch it. Sure I could go watch it any time I want through various means, but the whole point is that I just don't feel like it. I just don't care enough about the show that I want to watch it. And that's where your problem is; making the viewer care. This time you can't really criticize the show for not being nostalgic enough or not being too dark enough, but you can criticize that it's a failure because it just falls flat. Like drinking a really flat soda that would other wise taste good.

So that's why I can't really give a suggestion on how to make it better because it's not just one or two things. In the end I imagine this incarnation will just be forgotten. Unlike the 80s show and unlike 2K3 I don't imagine anyone looking back on this show with positive or negative thoughts. In fact I highly doubt people will even remember it in a few years after it ends.
__________________
Tomoshibi Amatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #560
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19
Stone Warrior
 
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Greece
Posts: 661
We dont know yet how different it will be compard to 87 and 2003 show. Just because rigt now that only 12 episodes has aired lmight look like 2003 and 87 show it dosent mean that it will continue to be like that. It is very early yet.
BAXTER STOCKMAN 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.