The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 04:23 PM   #541
1988
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 162
I think the Baxter Stockman sets will be very valuable in 5-10 years, they are pretty damn hard to find here in the UK..I'm gonna buy a couple of them
1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 04:26 PM   #542
Danetello
Stone Warrior
 
Danetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988 View Post
I think the Baxter Stockman sets will be very valuable in 5-10 years, they are pretty damn hard to find here in the UK..I'm gonna buy a couple of them
They are hard to find anywhere now. Glad I got mine when I did.
In the US I found some at the LEGO Store in Tyson's Corner recently (well, I think it was... my brain has been a bit frazzled this last week LOL!). But I was surprised to see them (where ever it was), simply because they are so hard to find.
If you see them, buy buy buy! lol.
__________________
Dan.
Check out all of my TMNT reviews here!


Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:26 AM   #543
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
With the popularity of the show, I think we could get more sets. Problem is that TMNT already has a very popular toy line from Playmates and it is competing with the LEGO sets. This could be why they aren't selling as well as some other licensed sets. They don't seem to be bombing, just not selling quite as well as the Superhero sets or Star Wars. If you follow LEGO sales you'll notice one of their biggest sellers right now are the Friends line (mostly girl oriented and found in the girl toy section in most stores).

Anyway, even if they don't release new TMNT sets in early 2014 they could always release sets later on in summer 2014 or even into 2015. They have done this before with some licenses.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #544
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
tmnt lego distribution is F***ed up.. Nick is probably not allowing them to sell it everywhere. still not out in Asia and middle east.. but that lone ranger, chima **** was released here real soon. I don't get why Nick stops companies from selling in certain places. Amazon is not allowed to ship them globally either.. Amazon UK does, but the prices are higher.
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:05 AM   #545
Seeks
Foot Soldier
 
Seeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sheffield, UK.
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
They don't seem to be bombing, just not selling quite as well as the Superhero sets or Star Wars.
That is an unfortunate problem with a lot of licences LEGO own or have owned. The sales get compared to the likes of Star Wars, Marvel and DC, three massive global franchises, and whilst TMNT is popular, it's simply not on the scale of Star Wars and the like.

The sheer amount of LEGO TMNT sets we have gotten so far is fantastic and surprising. If LEGO do decide to make more then that's a bonus. However, if they decide to cancel the line then we should all be very grateful for what we have been given.
Seeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:20 AM   #546
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
LEGO's top sellers were last year:
1: City
2: Star Wars
3: Friends
4: Ninjago
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #547
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeks View Post
That is an unfortunate problem with a lot of licences LEGO own or have owned. The sales get compared to the likes of Star Wars, Marvel and DC, three massive global franchises, and whilst TMNT is popular, it's simply not on the scale of Star Wars and the like.

The sheer amount of LEGO TMNT sets we have gotten so far is fantastic and surprising. If LEGO do decide to make more then that's a bonus. However, if they decide to cancel the line then we should all be very grateful for what we have been given.
Could always just sell new TMNT minifigures separate from LEO sets and stuff... I wish they'd do that for the Marvel and DC LEGO stuff especially after playing LEGO Batman 2 with all those awesome characters not made yet as well as the upcoming LEGO Marvel Superheroes game coming in October.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:07 AM   #548
TitanPictures
Mouser
 
TitanPictures's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Berlin
Posts: 8
Fantastic work dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post


And im still working on the kitchen/ Donnie's lab and of course their bed rooms(which i have to make from scratch seeing as you dont see them in the show

Hope you all enjoy Any tips hint and helpful words of advise are welcome
TitanPictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:13 AM   #549
Seeks
Foot Soldier
 
Seeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sheffield, UK.
Posts: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by MST3KFan View Post
Could always just sell new TMNT minifigures separate from LEO sets and stuff... I wish they'd do that for the Marvel and DC LEGO stuff especially after playing LEGO Batman 2 with all those awesome characters not made yet as well as the upcoming LEGO Marvel Superheroes game coming in October.
LEGO are aware just how big the demand is for minifigures, so they would never do that when a lot of people are prepared to buy the sets just for the minifigures.
__________________
"Everyone's a critic."

- Splinter
Seeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 05:51 AM   #550
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaeltheAwesome13 View Post
LEGO's top sellers were last year:
1: City
2: Star Wars
3: Friends
4: Ninjago
Huh? I'm surprised the Lord of the Rings didnt make it considering they have a video game out as well (which is excellent btw, go run out and buy it now).

None of the top sellers are appealing to me.. at least have Batman or something. Star Wars is like old news..

Friends? Are there like Joey, Chandler, Phoebe minifigures or what?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Schrader View Post
tmnt lego distribution is F***ed up.. Nick is probably not allowing them to sell it everywhere. still not out in Asia and middle east.. but that lone ranger, chima **** was released here real soon. I don't get why Nick stops companies from selling in certain places. Amazon is not allowed to ship them globally either.. Amazon UK does, but the prices are higher.
Yup it sucks. Glad I got all mine via ebay and other sites already.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:07 AM   #551
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Huh? I'm surprised the Lord of the Rings didnt make it considering they have a video game out as well (which is excellent btw, go run out and buy it now).
None of the top sellers are appealing to me.. at least have Batman or something. Star Wars is like old news..
Friends? Are there like Joey, Chandler, Phoebe minifigures or what?
Yup it sucks. Glad I got all mine via ebay and other sites already.
A. LOTR is fantastic, just got all the sets (plus Hobbit) also got the game on Wii and 3DS
B. friends is girly pink sparkly crap.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #552
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Huh? I'm surprised the Lord of the Rings didnt make it considering they have a video game out as well (which is excellent btw, go run out and buy it now).

None of the top sellers are appealing to me.. at least have Batman or something. Star Wars is like old news..

Friends? Are there like Joey, Chandler, Phoebe minifigures or what?


Yup it sucks. Glad I got all mine via ebay and other sites already.
you guys still on wave 1? for the playmates figs? we still on wave 1 here.. don't think any country in Asia has wave 2 yet.. I need the basic figs from the baxter, snakeweed wave and still need the lego stuff as well..
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 09:50 AM   #553
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Schrader View Post
you guys still on wave 1? for the playmates figs? we still on wave 1 here.. don't think any country in Asia has wave 2 yet.. I need the basic figs from the baxter, snakeweed wave and still need the lego stuff as well..
US on 5... well at least on releases...7/9 of my collection is wave 1
And we have the LEGO stuff here too, got the 3 little sets and just got the Shellraiser
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 05:10 AM   #554
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Schrader View Post
you guys still on wave 1? for the playmates figs? we still on wave 1 here.. don't think any country in Asia has wave 2 yet.. I need the basic figs from the baxter, snakeweed wave and still need the lego stuff as well..
Yup, still wave 1. And no Lego tmnt.

I'm afraid it might stay that way. Even the 25th anniversary figures weren't released here. So get it online asap peeps before the prices rose like crazy.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #555
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988 View Post
I think the Baxter Stockman sets will be very valuable in 5-10 years, they are pretty damn hard to find here in the UK..I'm gonna buy a couple of them
Look, all of them will be valuable in 5-10 years...it's frickin Ninja Turtle frickin LEGO!
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #556
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaeltheAwesome13 View Post
Look, all of them will be valuable in 5-10 years...it's frickin Ninja Turtle frickin LEGO!
Even the Megablocks are pretty valuable.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #557
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Now available for purchase. Hopefully appearing at your local TRU at the endcaps (where they keep the little bagged sets) soon

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=24191326

It's this set we discussed earlier:



Not bad for a Kraang army builder, I may get 1 if I see it.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:37 PM   #558
DJSoulPole
Thug
 
DJSoulPole's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 73
Now that is creative and cool. Way to go Lego
DJSoulPole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #559
dkram230
Stone Warrior
 
dkram230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest
Posts: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Now available for purchase. Hopefully appearing at your local TRU at the endcaps (where they keep the little bagged sets) soon

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...uctId=24191326

It's this set we discussed earlier:



Not bad for a Kraang army builder, I may get 1 if I see it.
Thank you for this. I almost paid $20 for one this morning. Now instead I paid $16 for four!!!
dkram230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #560
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkram230 View Post
Thank you for this. I almost paid $20 for one this morning. Now instead I paid $16 for four!!!
Awesome, happy to hear it. Happy building :p
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.