The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #541
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Um...it's a children's show with a children's demographic. It would totally NOT do better if it were less child focused.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 04:57 PM   #542
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
just saying that the show would be a lot more popular if it wasn't really children focused, think of how much better it could be action-wise which is about 85% of the show from my point of view
Spoken like a guy who knows jack sh*t about the biz.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 05:05 PM   #543
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior
 
Ashwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Um...it's a children's show with a children's demographic. It would totally NOT do better if it were less child focused.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Spoken like a guy who knows jack sh*t about the biz.
1st off, I was just stating opinion so relax, 2nd im a girl, and 3rdly, again, it was my completely personal opinion
__________________
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:07 PM   #544
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
just saying that the show would be a lot more popular if it wasn't really children focused, think of how much better it could be action-wise which is about 85% of the show from my point of view
I don't think it'll do better.....there aren't alot of adults who want to see teenage mutant ninja turtles XD most stay away just because of the title

mostly kids are interested to find out about something that crazy XD

(not saying TMMT is JUST for kids though *_* there still alot of things teens and adults can enjoy)
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:16 PM   #545
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwolf View Post
1st off, I was just stating opinion so relax, 2nd im a girl, and 3rdly, again, it was my completely personal opinion
Saying something would be more popular if _______ is not the same as "I think it would be better if...". You presented it as fact.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:33 PM   #546
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
It could be argued that the best, most long lasting, cartoons are ones that appeal to the widest audience base.

Looney Toons
Ren and Stimpy
Adventure Time
Spongebob Squarepants
Foster's Home for Imaginary Creatures
Avatar: The Last Airbender
The Simpsons
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic


Nick knows this, and hopefully they'll do the opposite of everything Cartoon Network is doing.

Distill your audience base to one single demographic, and once you lose them you're sunk.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 08:40 PM   #547
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,390
Then again, there's whole thing about "When you try to please everybody..."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:07 PM   #548
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
That's one extreme end of the spectrum, yes.

As for the topic of blood, off the top of my head I can think of two cartoons that showed blood.

Heavy Metal the movie
Watership Down.

I've got to admit,...it cracks me up that we can get away with far more violence in books aimed at children and young adults than we can in our visual mediums.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:26 PM   #549
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
That's one extreme end of the spectrum, yes.

As for the topic of blood, off the top of my head I can think of two cartoons that showed blood.

Heavy Metal the movie
Watership Down.

I've got to admit,...it cracks me up that we can get away with far more violence in books aimed at children and young adults than we can in our visual mediums.
Young Justice had blood once :3
Adventure time had blood too XD (that demon blood sucker that sucked all of Jake's blood :3)

but...not all the time...
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:48 PM   #550
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Kraken View Post
Ciro said on his podcast that the show would become more serious/dark near the end of season 2. I think that would be awesome. I only hope they don't show too much violence, but I would love to see a little blood.
Unless its a Nick theatrical movie, blood won't happen.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:53 PM   #551
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
Young Justice had blood once :3
Adventure time had blood too XD (that demon blood sucker that sucked all of Jake's blood :3)

but...not all the time...
I could think of two instances where I've seen/known about blood:

One was Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker where Link stabbed the sword into Ganondorf's head, and another was Princess Mononoke, but I don't know if that was exactly considered for kids lol
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:49 PM   #552
Mewzard
Hench Mutant
 
Mewzard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
I could think of two instances where I've seen/known about blood:

One was Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker where Link stabbed the sword into Ganondorf's head, and another was Princess Mononoke, but I don't know if that was exactly considered for kids lol
Japan's standards for kids differs from America's standard for kids.Though it's an 80s example (and it can't really get this violent anymore on kids shows), take Fist of the North Star:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3WCNwuuX1w

The comic is about 10 times as violent without censorship/dealing with low detail animation. Still for kids.

But yeah, we've seen some mature kids shows in recent years that get away with stuff that I thought wouldn't fly in American kids shows in recent years.

Wouldn't mind seeing the trend continue, cartoons tend to be the best when they're willing to tread the line between children and adults for an audience, and don't play it too safe with one audience.
Mewzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:05 AM   #553
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
We have Shredder, Splinter and Karai, who are Japanese, Baxter who is African American, Xever/Fishface who I think is Brazilian...

If anyone's under-represented it's Europeans.

Let's have a German exchange student, who befriends April and gets embroiled in a love square with her, Casey and Donnie.
Or better yet, have a Russian foreign exchange student who is also good at ice skating (either be it Hockey or figure skating, take your pick) who befriends Casey and April.

I'm just reading through this thread. It's, uh, interesting. I do have to say though, Mikey still acts stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Mirage gave us the best Mike. He was the everyturtle. The baseline by which all the others were The Leader, The Basket Case, and The Brain.

Having said that...I'll be damned if Nick Mike hasn't wormed his way into my heart. Kudos both to the writing, animation, and the performance by Cipes.
Now, I would think Leo is the everybody TMNT, right? In most incarnations.

Quote:
ElectricN View Post
From that, i realized how less epic kraang battles would be if the head was not fair game. Pretty sure each turtle has knocked the head off a kraang atleast once.
And Raph himself nearly lost his own head, to the horrifying shock to Leo and Don They need more stuff like that, it was truly hysterical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
How do you guys honestly notice that April never said Raphael's name in 30 episodes or so? It's not something I would have ever realized if not seeing it just now.
Well, seeing that this quote was taken in December of last year, and the very next episode a few months later, The Good, The Bad and Casey Jones, has April actually saying "And the one and only, Raphael", makes me wonder if the show creators are truly watching this site. It's almost comical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
I think a episode like that would feel stronger if they little to no music, zero dialogue with exception of April's journal narration, and high quality sound effects of the cold wilderness of Northampton to get sense of isolation between the characters. I could totally see it as an award winning episode but the only problem with it is that some kids might find the episode boring!
I would just love to hear April say for the first time, she's actually afraid of Raphael, the way she did in Mirage. It would be one helluva nod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Does the little girl have a name?
Then I hazard to say she doesn't really count as a female protagonist. Now if she shows up again and gets a name that's a horse of an entirely different color.

And I hope she does. .
I'm hoping if she does come back, she actually becomes someone we knew all along, like Angel or maybe even Shadow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
But she's not immune to mutagen. That we've seen.
Well, I guess we know now that she is. Right?

Last edited by Warhorse; 05-10-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:10 PM   #554
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist
 
Refractive Reflections's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,371
So after 4-5 months worth of episodes and reflection, this thread is going to be reignited huh?


Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 05-10-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #555
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
So after 4-5 months worth of episodes and reflection, this thread is going to be reignited huh?

http://37.media.tumblr.com/2749d04cd...qfiko1_400.gif
Well, if the thread was that bad, it would have been locked, no? Anyways, it is interesting to see how things played out, that's all.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 07:36 AM   #556
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yeah, this series keeps getting better and better with each episode for sure. I love it and am always eagerly awaiting the next episode.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:12 AM   #557
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, this series keeps getting better and better with each episode for sure. I love it and am always eagerly awaiting the next episode.
I don't think so. It has potential to be a top rated show, but I keep having this feeling that the creators, like Ciro, are being held back by both the studio heads with their lust to have episodes geared to sell toys, and the MPAA watch dogs to make sure the show is still kiddy friendly. We get a couple of episodes that are great, then we have a slew of them where I just didn't care. I am just hoping that as soon as the CEO's get their toy quota out of the way, Ciro can get back down to business and make a stream of episodes that are more tight and in sync with eachother.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 09:24 AM   #558
MiBs
Foot Soldier
 
MiBs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
It has potential to be a top rated show, but I keep having this feeling that the creators, like Ciro, are being held back by both the studio heads with their lust to have episodes geared to sell toys, and the MPAA watch dogs to make sure the show is still kiddy friendly
True, and it's a pity. But I'm confident that Ciro and the team are trying their best to pull it in another direction. I listened to the podcast since this thread was bumped up, and Ciro says that they are finishing the season 2 finale, and that he's getting notes of concern from Nick, because they think the show is getting to dark and serious....so I hope that means that we're in for some great episodes later on
MiBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:20 PM   #559
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I don't think so. It has potential to be a top rated show, but I keep having this feeling that the creators, like Ciro, are being held back by both the studio heads with their lust to have episodes geared to sell toys, and the MPAA watch dogs to make sure the show is still kiddy friendly. We get a couple of episodes that are great, then we have a slew of them where I just didn't care. I am just hoping that as soon as the CEO's get their toy quota out of the way, Ciro can get back down to business and make a stream of episodes that are more tight and in sync with eachother.
Well, that's your opinion, but I disagree with it. Yeah, there have been a few hit and miss eps in season 2, but nothing major that really makes me hate it. I guess I'm just happy that we even have TMNT and just want to enjoy the ride as long as it lasts.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:44 PM   #560
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, this series keeps getting better and better with each episode for sure. I love it and am always eagerly awaiting the next episode.
I agree with this. They're coming up with great stories and characters, bravo Ciro and team!
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ciro nieli


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.