The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2016, 11:04 AM   #5741
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
When she never liked you at all and wants your best friend over you.
Damn, son. Is it the same girl you slow danced with?
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 12:35 PM   #5742
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Damn, son. Is it the same girl you slow danced with?
Yep, sadly
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 04:37 PM   #5743
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Aw.



Grind... "Why are you so quiet all the time?"

*sigh* That one question nearly every quiet sort just really kind of detests. Has been while since I've heard it.

*shrug* "I just am." How else do you expect me to respond to you, sir??

I mean, people usually only ask in a good natured manner, as this guy did, but still. Kind of intrusive. I don't go around asking the really talkative extroverted sorts why they're always talking and making so much noise. It might be a little rude to question a person's innate personality, right?

Sorry, I'm not a loud, chatty kind of person. If you need the air filled with noise all the time - you do it. (Though I will have to use my talent for good patience to put up with it...)

Some people have to be the quiet types, the ones that listen more than they speak. I am one of them.



And then being jokingly questioned about being in that kind of environment where I work...? Look. I may not be the outgoing sales person sort that wants to jump on customers and easily guides/encourages/pushes them toward purchases.

HOWEVER - my strength in this work is that I listen, relate, understand and remain calm and patient even when a customer is not.

Some customers happen to be quiet, introverted types, too, and I'm sure they appreciate customer associates who get them and the kind of service they personally need. Rather than the other associates who might be overbearing.



5/11 - And now I think my remaining fish, a large oranda, may have eaten a rock and possibly caught in her throat.

Was looking around online about other people talking about dealing with that and using tweezers to remove it... problem is, I can't see anything. Yet she acts like something is caught there and not too happy.

If she did, I hope it's only small and will just go down if she can't get it back up and hopefully won't cause any issues if it just stays and can't pass through.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-11-2016 at 09:20 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:10 PM   #5744
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
I've been incredibly restless as of late, and that's been pretty bad considering that I have classes at 8 in the morning.

Since it's storm season in Texas, the noise of the hard weather in the old house I'm living in is distracting. Last night, the power was knocked out, so my father couldn't use his CPAP. Which mean snoring. Combine that with 'cramps' and I couldn't sleep a wink.

Now the power's back on and it's not storming now, so I should be fine. Except for new issue brought on by last night's weather. A frog singing the song of its people.

In short, my grind of this moment is being unable to sleep thanks to an overload of distractions - even when I'm tired.
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:35 PM   #5745
Electric
Epic Hiatus
 
Electric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,484
Spent the evening in the ER with a kidney stone... I dont think I have ever experienced any kind of pain like that before...
__________________
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:13 PM   #5746
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
Spent the evening in the ER with a kidney stone... I dont think I have ever experienced any kind of pain like that before...
Had one a few years ago, & yep, there is no pain like it. I was banging my head against the wall trying to knock myself out, it was so bad. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, yo.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:27 PM   #5747
Electric
Epic Hiatus
 
Electric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Had one a few years ago, & yep, there is no pain like it. I was banging my head against the wall trying to knock myself out, it was so bad. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, yo.
I performed that same process. Currently doped up on pain meds, so all thats left to do is pass it. Thanks!
__________________
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:29 PM   #5748
Shiro Kame
Foot Elite
 
Shiro Kame's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3,332
How long the wait in the ER is. I had to wait HOURS just to get my twisted/hurt ankle looked at 2 years ago. And all they did was just give me crutches. All that wait to get crutches...
Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:35 PM   #5749
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Hope it all feels good as new soon, Electic. Never had one, hope I never do, they sound pretty unpleasant. (I've had my share of other ER required pain that I'd have been gladly shot to end it, no more please.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:38 PM   #5750
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
That's terrible, Electric!

Fortunately, I didn't have to wait in line for the ER when I had my ear infection a few years ago. There was one other person in the wait room, and I think she was just waiting for someone else to come out?

It was a good fortune for me, because that ear infection had been the worst pain I'd ever been in.
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:06 AM   #5751
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
I had to wait a little bit, but not nearly as long as what you tend to hear about ERs.

Yeah, infection, esp certain kinds, is another one that's up there in the worst pain ever category imo/experience.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:27 AM   #5752
Electric
Epic Hiatus
 
Electric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,484
Luckily for me, writhing in pain in the waiting room got me moved to the top of the list and took me back immediately.

Unfortunately, just because you're in a room doesnt mean immediate treatment. Before they could give me medicine for the pain they had to go through the whole information/registration process, vitals, tests. In total, I believe I was in the room for about an hour before I got my IV hooked up
__________________
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:00 AM   #5753
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
When mine hit, I had the amber lamps come & get me. They drugged me on the ride, & at the hospital they drugged me further. Going in on foot is a freakin' bust.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 08:10 AM   #5754
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Coincidentally, I was rewatching it last week.

...But again I stop when L dies. lmfao, in my world, Death Note's anime ends when L dies. My brother does this with Bambi [he stops the movie before his mother dies] so that it never happens in the story.

Clearly, my family has healthy problem management skills. :V
I really liked Near. I always felt that Near and Mello combined could rival L.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 12:54 PM   #5755
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Sure, foolish older motorcycle-having man, just cut in between me and the car in front of me with no signal or anything in hectic traffic. And clearly another name for "helmet" is "ornament for the back of my bike."

Did it to another driver when moving back to the left lane, so I know it's not just a case of your signal being unknowingly burned out. But are your hands broken? Hand signals also exist.

If your foolishness gets you mowed down, that is on you, but I don't care to be the one forced to do it against my will because you're being an idiot.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 01:59 PM   #5756
mrmaczaps
Banned
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,619
When everyone thinks you're just fat and lazy when it's really 90% or so a brain tumor draining all your testosterone and energy, and just makes you not want to do anything at all... (story of my life)
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:38 AM   #5757
Icebot
Foot Elite
 
Icebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
Today's gear grind: I had to skip my dentist appointment today because there was nowhere for me to park after driving there. There were zero parking spaces available. I mean seriously what's up with that?

Any advice on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:42 AM   #5758
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Arrange for someone to drop you off and pick you up after?
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 12:18 PM   #5759
Icebot
Foot Elite
 
Icebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
Thanks. I'll think about it. I also got some advice outside the Drome to let the dentist know why I skipped the appointment.

I still can't believe I was forced to skip my dentist appointment like that!
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 03:42 PM   #5760
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post

Any advice on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated.
Public transportation. Ubers. Taxis.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.