![]() |
|
|
#5761 |
|
I Married a Duck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
|
Well as of today- which is day two &1/2 of visit #5- he is finally getting better. Able to eat a bit and hold down pills food and liquids. Lost a LOT of weight and was severely dehydrated and weak when he went in Wedensday afternoon. It took his dialysis doctor and staff to get the ER and hispital to recognize that sonething was seriously wrong and that it wasn't just anxiety like they tried to tell us. Gastroparesis and acid reflux combined with high bloid pressure causing alk the problems. Got medication for the nausea and esophogal spasms so hopefully this will fix it. It's been a long 9 days, with FAR too little sleep and too much stress. Almost broke down at work yesterday, and today I was so exhausted I barely made it through the day. Thank gods for having tomorrow off and my D&D game to relieve stress! And sleep. Sweet, glorious sleep.....
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs" "Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491 My various stories and fan-fics are now here- https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end |
|
|
|
|
|
#5762 |
|
Spooky ghost
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,266
|
Good to hear.
I was faced with a similar situation a while ago: My dentist is in the city, so they don't have parking, and I had a four hour dental appointment, but the street parking around there is two hours max. I had to park in a multi-story which cost me a fortune.
__________________
ProactiveMan!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5763 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,619
|
When you have to live with other people and they can be counted on always being loud at unreasonablely super early times in the morning or super late into the night... barring TVs and storming through the house and slamming doors... and its worse when they are related...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5764 | |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
The way Barns & Noble magically distorts the concept of time and you don't get over to another store because you thought "Maybe I'll just go through Barns & Noble and check it out first on the way in" (it's at a mall) and you never get out of the place until the mall announces it's closing in 15 min.
It took strength to resist buying The Very Hungry Caterpillar plush toy... (Dear god, they even had Fraggles.) Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5765 |
|
Resident overthinker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
|
Having an idea to write, but having nothing to go on with it.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5766 |
|
Spooky ghost
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 2,266
|
I'm not sure what the term is when someone is boastful over other people's achievements. That's what grinds my gears. The kind of numb-nutted tribalism that seems to emanate from the internet like a radioactive cloud of unwarranted vainglory.
I don't want to give a specific example, because I fear it would be like throwing a grenade, but in vague terms: Fans of Brand A are childishly deriding fans of Brand X because A is outselling X by a wide margin. At no point are A fans self aware enough to realise that the success of A has sweat FA to do with them; they didn't create it, they don't contribute to it, they just admire it from afar and fantasize that A's success somehow rubs of on them. It doesn't. I'm not complaining about this as an insider, or 'fan of Brand X', but as someone who is tired of hearing smug pricks congratulating themselves for liking the right things.
__________________
ProactiveMan!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5767 |
|
Resident overthinker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
|
I saw the outside cat again and he has a strip of ringworm on his neck, as well as a mysterious pink stain. Not only did he nearly get into the house this time, but now I'm even more convinced he was abandoned, otherwise someone would have noticed he was going bald at the neck and covered in fungus.
And yet I can't bring him in and medicate him. There's another stray cat that I've noticed that I'm pretty sure is a senior; I've only seen her twice, and the second time was this morning, squeezing up against a neighbor's door to get out of the rain. I'd at least make a weather shelter in cases like her, because I'm not sure about her friendliness. Here be an agonizing place for a foster (temporary) retiree to live XD .
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5768 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5769 |
|
Resident overthinker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
|
He seems like it, but I'm still concerned about his health. Ringworm is an evil thing from the depths of Hell. For it to be on his neck is disconcerting. I'm used to it being on legs or bellies, maybe even backs. And on kittens.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5770 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
|
Thanks everyone for your suggestions about my gear grind a couple days ago. I just scheduled another dentist appointment for July. It turned out there was another place to park that no one ever told me about.
__________________
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@Icebot7/videos Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Icebot251 |
|
|
|
|
|
#5771 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
Those last minute customers who show up within the last half hour or less and are the biggest pain of the night.
Oh yes, after I got the place looking decent I really wanted you to come and tear it up shortly before closing. And along with all the crap from downstairs that you left in the fitting room, it was adorable the way you tangled up two necklaces (both with multiple chains and beads) not only with each other, but with a bunch of hangers and clothing. Think you might have even broken one of the chains, though I'm not entirely certain as I had to give trying to rescue them from each other since I had all the other crap from you to deal with and just minutes left to do so. It must take hard work and practice to be that big of a jerk. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5772 | |
|
Resident overthinker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
|
Quote:
Those were dark times...
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5773 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,619
|
Quote:
My cat (fb.com/moonshinekitty) was being attacked recently being the only female in the neighborhood and the males were teaming up, but mostly fighting each other... chased them out of the yard a few times and they haven't been back in a while.... Brings me to another peeve, folks who don't take care of their pets, like these owners... Ugh. Anyways |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5774 |
|
Resident overthinker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
|
I'm not sure if that's something I want to do for him; plus the one no-kill shelter that's nearby doesn't accept strays.
For sure, I want to take in the one that has actively approached me and sought to get into my house, but the best space we have for that is my dad's room. We'd have to be ready to ringworm treatment, anyway, since we have our own two cats to worry about. My own cats, who are due for vaccinations...so we wouldn't want to bring in a stray right away, anyway.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5775 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
How do your cats seem to feel about him?
First stray we ever took in, I was his first human friend here that he trusted, but his first real friend was our aging male tabby. Which was very strange, because he'd always fought with other cats through the windows, but this young stray... never. They'd be just hanging out together on either side of the window like they'd known each other forever, and continued to be great friends once the stray became part of the family. Like it was just meant to be this way. (Our aging calico just tolerated him, as she just tolerated everything else. lol) |
|
|
|
|
|
#5776 |
|
Resident overthinker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
|
They've just heard him meowing at our door once, and were naturally a little confused. But they were both hand-raised and grew up with tons of cats coming in and out of the house - a few of whom Mink became fast friends with.
In the end, I don't think they'd be bothered too much, but it's the health of all three that I have to contend with most of all.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5777 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
That's cool, that they might be okay with him if it works out.
Grind... the last of some dental work today. Super quick one which was great, but now I'm still really numb three hours later and starving... |
|
|
|
|
|
#5778 |
|
Resident overthinker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
|
I just hope I can quarantine a very, very needy cat XD . He's all about the petting and cuddles when he comes by. And also vaccinate...that's important. We have planned to get anti-fungal cream for his ringworm though.
My grind at the moment is that I had my first session at an excercise camp yesterday, and I'm so sore it's a pain to walk. On a mixed note, the two cats I currently have in the house are masterful cockroach hunters. That wouldn't be such a problem if I didn't come home to so many dead in the living room. Usually two or three between cleanups. I'm happy that they can catch them, but slightly disappointed that they can't bother to hide the evidence. Granted, most of them are probably Mink...
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5779 |
|
Team Blue Boy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
|
Late lunch, including a really hot bowl of pizza sauce for my pizza-ish toast, ends up in my lap.
One burned leg later and a load of laundry in the washer... |
|
|
|
|
|
#5780 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
|
That I don't have the skills to make custom painted TMNT 2: OOTS Mikey and Kraang figures, nor do I have the money to pay anyone to do so.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|