The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2015, 02:18 PM   #5941
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
I saw Tomorrowland yesterday, It was pretty good.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 03:09 PM   #5942
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,203
Dream House
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:33 PM   #5943
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Mad Max: Fury Road. It was fantastic. Easily one of the best action movies ever made.
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:03 AM   #5944
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
A Million Ways To Die In The West.
I laughed. I never fancied it when it came out but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:31 PM   #5945
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I saw Tomorrowland yesterday, It was pretty good.
You're the first person so far who I've seen say something positive about it.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:50 PM   #5946
Icebot
Foot Elite
 
Icebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
The Perfect Storm.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 02:21 PM   #5947
AT-Man
I SEEN IT
 
AT-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FIN
Posts: 2,206
Mad Max: Fury Road. It was good, but I think I would have liked a bit more realistic approach.
__________________

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 10:28 PM   #5948
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
I'm seeing it this weekend (was meant to last weekend but got sick) - it better not let me down or I'll be piiiiissed.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:42 PM   #5949
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
Mad Max: Fury Road. It was good, but I think I would have liked a bit more realistic approach.
I found it to be pretty realistic. How much more realistic would you have liked it to be?
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:04 PM   #5950
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
You're the first person so far who I've seen say something positive about it.
I don't think I've ever seen that poster say he didn't like a movie.

Movie was a huge disappointment for me.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:56 PM   #5951
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist
 
PangolinFeets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,321
Mad Max: Fury Road is sooooo fun. I think the last time I had that much fun at a movie was Pacific Rim (for unreasonable, personal kaiju-obsessions reasons. They are completely different movies though). I'm seeing it a third time tomorrow.

I'm big fan of the previous movies, so I was excited to see it even before reviews started coming out raving about it. It was just amazing that it ended up being so much better than I expected.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:02 PM   #5952
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
Mad Max: Fury Road is sooooo fun. I think the last time I had that much fun at a movie was Pacific Rim (for unreasonable, personal kaiju-obsessions reasons. They are completely different movies though). I'm seeing it a third time tomorrow.

I'm big fan of the previous movies, so I was excited to see it even before reviews started coming out raving about it. It was just amazing that it ended up being so much better than I expected.
And the feminists seem to love it too.
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 06:34 AM   #5953
AT-Man
I SEEN IT
 
AT-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FIN
Posts: 2,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
And the feminists seem to love it too.
I don't really get what's supposed to be feminist in it.
__________________

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:01 AM   #5954
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
I don't really get what's supposed to be feminist in it.
The female characters weren't cardboard cutouts and Charlize Theron was practically the main character. That might have something to do with it.
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42

Last edited by THGhost; 05-29-2015 at 09:17 AM.
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 09:54 AM   #5955
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Watched Guardians of the Galaxy again last night on our anniversary. Was in the mood for something fun and we had a friend over who had not seen it. We were laughing through much of the movie, and jamming to the soundtrack, because it was THAT awesome.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:27 PM   #5956
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-Man View Post
I don't really get what's supposed to be feminist in it.
feminism is about equality for women. (basically be on the same level as men)

If the movie had great female characters that could stand on their own like the men then that could be why feminist liked it. (don't need to be kickbutt per say just strong characters....but it is a bonus)

(I haven't seen the movie myself though)
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:29 PM   #5957
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
feminism is about equality for women. (basically be on the same level as men)

If the movie had great female characters that could stand on their own like the men then that could be why feminist liked it. (don't need to be kickbutt per say just strong characters....but it is a bonus)

(I haven't seen the movie myself though)
The female characters in Fury Road are pretty awesome, particularly Charlize Theron's. They hold their own and never need rescuing by a man.
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 04:33 PM   #5958
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Mad Max. It was an awesome ride, and I love it that it got MRA's boxers in a twist, hilarious.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 02:39 AM   #5959
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
I know; some of them were "mancotting" the movie - I've been laughing my ass off. There's been great coverage over on We Hunted The Mammoth.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:23 AM   #5960
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
San Andreas

It was good and intense but it was predictable as the story was similar to other disaster movies like 2012, Day after Tomorrow ect. Watching it in 3D was pointless though (glad I didn't pay extra for it).

I don't think people who live in California, would want to see this movie though. I have been to California a few years ago (I went to the Gathering of the Gargoyles convention) and I never felt a tremor.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
movies


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.