The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2007, 12:44 PM   #41
Farlander
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19
Quote:
Mirage's Volume 4 books...
This may sound like a stupid question, but... there's a Volume 4? O_o Didn't know 'bout it...

Anyway. The impact of Splinter dying a natural death (I assume he dies a natural death in Volume 4? Or he is killed?) is different than the impact of him being killed...
Farlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:47 PM   #42
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farlander View Post
This may sound like a stupid question, but... there's a Volume 4? O_o Didn't know 'bout it...

Anyway. The impact of Splinter dying a natural death (I assume he dies a natural death in Volume 4? Or he is killed?) is different than the impact of him being killed...
Still have the same impact, but it would change the story motr if he was killed rather than simply died.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:54 PM   #43
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
something that threatens them personally...like BISHOP! he scares me. wanting to poke & prod them...take bits of them and run tests...eeeewwww...
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:37 PM   #44
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
I would also love to see a Baxter Stockman/ Rat King sequel, and maybe bring back Shredder for the third. A Rat King confrontation could lead to a lot of interesting and creepy stuff and they havent used Baxter in any of the movies yet, which actually kinda surprises me, so I'd love to see him in there too, I'm sure Baxter and the Rat king would make great enemies to both the turtles and eachotuher. I'm sure they could do plenty with the computer animation to give some of Baxters robotics life. And although the Shredder has been ressurected already...or something like that...I think bringing him back in the third would definitley give everyone a few breaths of fresh air away from him and maybe make his return welcome to some people who might start missing his presence in the tmnt universe and would be a fitting end to a trilogy. Anyone agree?
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:17 PM   #45
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
I'd like to see The Rat King and the return of ToKkA and Rahzar.

===HERO
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:21 AM   #46
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I would like to see Baxter and the Mousers in a movie since they weren't in the original trilogy or the new movie. I suspect Karai and the Foot will stick around for a sequal as well.

Leatherhead would be cool, although he'd end up more of a good guy than a villain.
I read this old online paper where a bunch of guys speculated which actors should play who in a live TMNT movie. I remember one of the choices being Bruce Willis for Leatherhead. That would be a great pick, although I'd like to hear Keith David play him too. Still, Bruce sounded perfect, he could do it (CGI or live).
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:29 AM   #47
Class is Pain 101
Thug
 
Class is Pain 101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 51
Rat King played by Robert Englund.
__________________
Dont give me orders- Casey Jones
Class is Pain 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #48
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerfootw View Post
I read this old online paper where a bunch of guys speculated which actors should play who in a live TMNT movie. I remember one of the choices being Bruce Willis for Leatherhead. That would be a great pick, although I'd like to hear Keith David play him too. Still, Bruce sounded perfect, he could do it (CGI or live).
Do you have a link?
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:32 PM   #49
Farlander
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19
Seems I'm not the only one who thinks that Rat King and Baxter would work out well (points at Underoath :p )

Anyway. The reason why the only thing in the new cartoon I like is Season I (plus SOME parts of Season II) is that they killed the cartoon for me with all this Shredder overdosing. AND Baxter Stockman overdosing. Baxter had so many reincarnations, that it started to become ridiculous. Baxter as some mechanical spider, Baxter as a... brain, and whatnot...

So yeah. I personally do not want any kind of Shredder reappearance bar a flashback in future sequels.

Anyway. About future sequels. All further statements are my opinions, speculations, and whatnot. Anyway. I think that the Rat King is anyone but an evil mastermind. I think some will agree with me. This guy doesn't go for world domination, or something, and the main thing is: he CARES about his followers. I.e. rats. He cares about rats. Including mutated form of rats, heh.

The thing is, the Rat King and the Turtles... well, they, basically, don't like each other for some reason. Maybe the Rat King gathers so many rats that they actually start bringing harm to people (like the Rat King cares anyway....). But, the thing is, Splinter may be the bonding point between the RK and the TMNT. I mean, RK maybe could save/try to save Splinter at some point, and then learns that he and TMNT ARE connected.

And Baxter Stockman... well, I don't know how much Max Winters is an evil mastermind, but... we could change the evil mastermind part of Baxter Stockman. Maybe this Baxter just wants to help the city. I mean, the pesky rat concentration becomes so strong that it is dangerous. So he just wants to help the world or something by creating Mousers. Maybe he has troubles with funds to proceed with his, uhm... Rat Crusade! And he just notices the opportunity to use the Mousers as robbers of banks to continue his... "quest" or something...

Well, anyway, what I'm trying to say is that it would be cool if there would be no main villian or something. Several groups with different points of views on things, and basically, from different points of view they're all right. That would be cool, IMO.
Farlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:29 PM   #50
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farlander View Post
Seems I'm not the only one who thinks that Rat King and Baxter would work out well (points at Underoath :p )

Anyway. The reason why the only thing in the new cartoon I like is Season I (plus SOME parts of Season II) is that they killed the cartoon for me with all this Shredder overdosing. AND Baxter Stockman overdosing. Baxter had so many reincarnations, that it started to become ridiculous. Baxter as some mechanical spider, Baxter as a... brain, and whatnot...

So yeah. I personally do not want any kind of Shredder reappearance bar a flashback in future sequels.

Anyway. About future sequels. All further statements are my opinions, speculations, and whatnot. Anyway. I think that the Rat King is anyone but an evil mastermind. I think some will agree with me. This guy doesn't go for world domination, or something, and the main thing is: he CARES about his followers. I.e. rats. He cares about rats. Including mutated form of rats, heh.

The thing is, the Rat King and the Turtles... well, they, basically, don't like each other for some reason. Maybe the Rat King gathers so many rats that they actually start bringing harm to people (like the Rat King cares anyway....). But, the thing is, Splinter may be the bonding point between the RK and the TMNT. I mean, RK maybe could save/try to save Splinter at some point, and then learns that he and TMNT ARE connected.

And Baxter Stockman... well, I don't know how much Max Winters is an evil mastermind, but... we could change the evil mastermind part of Baxter Stockman. Maybe this Baxter just wants to help the city. I mean, the pesky rat concentration becomes so strong that it is dangerous. So he just wants to help the world or something by creating Mousers. Maybe he has troubles with funds to proceed with his, uhm... Rat Crusade! And he just notices the opportunity to use the Mousers as robbers of banks to continue his... "quest" or something...

Well, anyway, what I'm trying to say is that it would be cool if there would be no main villian or something. Several groups with different points of views on things, and basically, from different points of view they're all right. That would be cool, IMO.
Shredder overdosing? He was practically an on-again-off-again character. What made the Shredder so great in the new toon was his limited amount of appearences.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:42 PM   #51
poobone
Foot Soldier
 
poobone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 143
shredder. i know i know he's dead and he's been done to death but he's just so damn cool. I'd love to see him with the new CGI artstyle.
poobone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:45 PM   #52
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
Do you have a link?
I think it doesn't exist anymore. I printed it though, I could type it up here if you'd like.
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:56 PM   #53
Farlander
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19
Quote:
Shredder overdosing? He was practically an on-again-off-again character. What made the Shredder so great in the new toon was his limited amount of appearences.
Well, it's just, that.... the turtles "killed" Shredder there, "killed" Shredder there, then "killed" him there.... it gets quite irritating, really.
Farlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:59 PM   #54
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Hey... at least he didn't get away inside a giant drill every episode.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:31 PM   #55
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farlander View Post
Well, it's just, that.... the turtles "killed" Shredder there, "killed" Shredder there, then "killed" him there.... it gets quite irritating, really.
They didn't techincally kill him the first two times. They killed him, or he killed himself, the third time. Karai resurrected him, then finally was gotten rid off in Exodus.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:09 AM   #56
Farlander
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19
Quote:
Hey... at least he didn't get away inside a giant drill every episode.
Hm... yeah, that's an improvement :p

Quote:
They didn't techincally kill him the first two times.
Hence the "killed" word inbetween "" signs. :p
Farlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:19 AM   #57
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
What kinda gets to me is the fact that the TMNT, themselves, never got to truly finish off Shredder.

The first time: Splinter intervines
The second: The defeated him, they didn't kill him
The third: Shredder screws himself
The fourth: Zog intervines
The fifth and final: The Utoms intervine

Thats why I liked Return to new York part 3 so much. It was the Turtles, working together, managing to defeat Shredder. But sadly, they couldn't get the job done.

Well, at least the get a shot at the "true" Shredder.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:27 AM   #58
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael View Post
The third: Shredder screws himself
That's sounds pretty funny. Know what they should've done the end of that ep? They should've had Michaelangelo imitate Jim Carrey from The Mask: "You were good kid, real good, but as long as we're around you'll always be second best, see?" Also, when the place imploded, it looked like it completely vaporized, how the heck did Karai manage to locate enough remains to genetically regenerate his whole body.
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges

Last edited by triplexxx; 03-05-2007 at 03:36 AM.
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:38 AM   #59
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
Banned
 
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Seventh Layer of Hell
Posts: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplexxx View Post
That's sounds pretty funny. Know what they should've done the end of that ep? They should've had Michaelangelo imitate Jim Carrey from The Mask: "You were good kid, real good, but as long as we're around you'll always be second best, see?" Also, when the place imploded, it looked like it completely vaporized, how the heck did Karai manage to locate enough remains to genetically regenerate his whole body.
I imagined it involved tweezers.
ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:49 AM   #60
Hero
British Bloke
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bristol, UK
Posts: 2,298
It would be nice to see Tatsu back.

Also a Tricerton invasion could be good.

===HERO
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.