The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2007, 02:23 AM   #41
LogicDonny
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinuvielsdreams View Post
I think the only part I really liked was Master Splinter fighting him he says something along the lines of Jammerhead fighting a true Master...I was like oh yeah!! for a few moments I was happy and then Jammerhead knocked Splinter away and again I was sad for the episode...
you know, I felt the same way, I was so excited to see Splinter fight and then a few moments later, boom all lame.. the episode was average.. i have no seen all of FF but a few of the episodes are ok.

nothing beats 2k3 turtles.
LogicDonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 11:57 AM   #42
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
And it's Pretty much the same excuse being used for this show believe it to be rubbish if you want that's fine and all but I don't really think it's right to do so until the series has ended or at least gets past the first 2 seasons
Err...actually, it's perfectly right to criticise a season as bad as this to death if the episodes are consistently lame, it's not the same argument at all. TOS bashers love to say "your memories betray you" as an excuse to hide their own limited broad scope, but FF bashers HAVE broad scope, therefore there justified in saying "you're settling for something tame than something better" when overrated episodes like this and "The Journal" get the best praise, and let's face it, that's only because of all the references to the past.

I do still watch it, but only to see if it ever improves, it never does. I'm not even remotley bothering to leave a review now. That's how bad it is.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:35 PM   #43
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicDonny View Post
you know, I felt the same way, I was so excited to see Splinter fight and then a few moments later, boom all lame.. the episode was average.. i have no seen all of FF but a few of the episodes are ok.

nothing beats 2k3 turtles.
D*mn Straight!....lol
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 10:20 PM   #44
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Err...actually, it's perfectly right to criticise a season as bad as this to death if the episodes are consistently lame, it's not the same argument at all. TOS bashers love to say "your memories betray you" as an excuse to hide their own limited broad scope, but FF bashers HAVE broad scope, therefore there justified in saying "you're settling for something tame than something better" when overrated episodes like this and "The Journal" get the best praise, and let's face it, that's only because of all the references to the past.
I do still watch it, but only to see if it ever improves, it never does. I'm not even remotley bothering to leave a review now. That's how bad it is.
My Bad I wasn't talking about 2k3 and FF I was talking about how everyone says how good The Batman Got when it down right sucked at first pretty much how FF did and or does in some peoples opinions.
I'm sure thats true But there have been other episodes I liked quite a bit but I guess it's simply because they did things I wanted to see happen for a long time even if they had been exicuted poorly.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:44 PM   #45
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I had no resonating complaints with this one. I'm glad to know that they've trimmed back the million and one minor annoyances. I also thought this ep would fit right in with the classic 'toon. It was great for if you really just had no motivation to do something more involved... like moving around. ^_^ I didn't dislike it, and I didn't love it. It was just decent, but still better than plenty other >> eps.

Good points:
- Jammerhead in Riker's
- Glaxxor: "I need to go to the little boy's room. I have to make a number four." (for shame... making an Extra Value Meal in the loo... ^_^ )
- Splinter: "As you wish my son. But, hurry... for my sake if not yours."
- Splinter kicking butt (the rat is back! ^_^ )

Bad points:
- Starlee's mom's voice
- Glaxxor to Cody: "if you're not the boyfriend, you look an awful lot like the guy she says is her boyfriend" (couldn't be more obvious; the heir to O'Neil Tech has an obsessed fan-girl )
- Starlee's mom: "I take it your insured, Mister Jones, and that your friend has had his shots." (if ever there was a better excuse to hear "It's ninja time!"...

I'd give it a 3 of 5 for not giving me reasons to cringe on a regular basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
Now I wish we learned exactly what Jammerhead is. Is he a robot or some sort of cyborg???
"This guy is all about wet-wiring circuitry into himself" was said by Starlee in this ep, and Jammerhead himself referred to his body as a "meat-bag" in the bodyjacker ep. So, I'd say he's undeniably a cyborg.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph's Girl View Post
And why didn't they ever notice the tracking device on Don's butt???
By the time I got back with the 'roid ointment, it was already too late. Seriously, they just drew that thing way too big.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Am I alone in liking this episode?
Nope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinuvielsdreams View Post
I think the only part I really liked was Master Splinter fighting him he says something along the lines of Jammerhead fighting a true Master...I was like oh yeah!! for a few moments I was happy and then Jammerhead knocked Splinter away and again I was sad for the episode...
One martial arts master against the skills of many... Realistically, Splinter should have had more trouble trying to hold his own. Splinter isn't supposed to be the greatest the world has ever known, nor is Ninjutsu supposed to trump Kung-Pao or Plutonian Thumb-Wrestling. Splinter showing Jammerhead that the skills are hardly worthwhile without the discipline to use them would have been nice, but that's too much to expect from >>.

The next new ep should be "Milk Run", and that is next week with Bishop and Zixx. This hologram 'joke' (term used very loosely) wasn't insulting enough the first time, they have to beat us senseless with it some more? The only thing good about that plan is that I should appreciate >> that much more when I'm senseless.

For anyone who hasn't seen this ep and is curious, it was uploaded to the 'Video On Demand' page of 4Kids.tv yesterday. You can also see the lame preview for next week's ep there.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:38 PM   #46
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
^^ I see your point but Jammerhead was a cheater and Master Splinter doesn't cheat! He is still very experienced and I am sure while yes Jammerhead knows all sorts of different styles Splinter could still be the wiser one in the battle...

Yes I saw that preview, or the redundant 30 second clip show as you could call it. Poor Raph...
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:22 PM   #47
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Was that clip even of the next ep?

It looked like all scenes from the first (and only) Bishop FF ep.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:26 PM   #48
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Was that clip even of the next ep?

It looked like all scenes from the first (and only) Bishop FF ep.
I've said it over and over now...reading does wonders. And for the last and final time it was clips used from past episodes.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:28 PM   #49
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Prepare to eat your words next Saturday, dude. ^_^
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:31 PM   #50
Tinuvielsdreams
Nothing without passion
 
Tinuvielsdreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Was that clip even of the next ep?

It looked like all scenes from the first (and only) Bishop FF ep.
Hence I used the term clip show It really was just that in commercial form (Sorry to repeat Putrescent up there)

Using Bishop again should make for a better episode though *Fingers Crossed* Makes me nostalgic for 2K3 *Sniff*
Tinuvielsdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #51
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Prepare to eat your words next Saturday, dude. ^_^
Um how exactly am I going to eat my own words next saterday "dude" when my comments are correct all it takes is anyone with half good vision to see those are clips taken from the episode "Bishop to Knight"?
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:59 PM   #52
Cascadia
Oregonian in heart & soul
 
Cascadia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,731
It was amazing that one of quotes on my senior class ad made it into the script.

The two things we can give our children: One is roots, the other is wings.
__________________

Formally known as Scientific freak
Cascadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
Yeah, 4kidsTV has "Bishop to Knight" playing on their Video on Demand on the site and I compared it with the preview clip and it is indeed from that episode, particularly the Raph kicking Bishop scene.

So they're not going to repeat Raph attacking holograms, at least not with those scenes anyway.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:20 PM   #54
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah, 4kidsTV has "Bishop to Knight" playing on their Video on Demand on the site and I compared it with the preview clip and it is indeed from that episode, particularly the Raph kicking Bishop scene.

So they're not going to repeat Raph attacking holograms, at least not with those scenes anyway.
Maybe people will start believing my years of tmnt knowledge (usless as it may be!) around here..shesh..I'm not here to screw around with anyone...I'm giving Rodney Dangerfield a run for his money.lol
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 08:52 PM   #55
Time Mistress
Stone Warrior
 
Time Mistress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennshellvania, or the 79th level of Null-Time
Posts: 710
Guess I'm doing this review a bit late but -

Somewhat interesting premise ruined by a bum ending. I've noticed this in several FF eps - set up for a cool fight, only to be let down by the lame resolution.

I hate Jammerhead, but after seeing the way he took out Donatello he seemed like a credible threat for a short while. When he actually recorded Don's moves and used them against him, I thought, now that's a neat idea. But we don't see Jammerhead repeat this trick at all against the other TMNT or Splinter, very disapointing. I was hoping that the solution to this episode would be Splinter bringing down Jammerhead or doing something similar to the weapon switch from What a Croc but neither of those happened. Butt-kicking seems to have given way to lame humor in this case for an ending.

And is it just me or is Starlee a redundant character. We have Don who's a genius (and never even got a chance to be the one to figure out a technical solution in this ep), we have Cody the annoying genius great grandkid of April, and now we have Starlee the token female genius. I don't hate Starlee, I just think she has no useful purpose. And what's with her family being Jewish?

One good thing I can say about this ep, kung fu movies do rock! And it was cool to see ALL of the Turtles and not just Mike think so. Even Splinter joined in watching, even if they are (gasp) fake. It was also refreshing to see them all playing video games as a family and as well as keeping up with their studies. It looks like Mikey's lesson from the graduation day ep may be sticking after all. I did enjoy the family bonding time at the beginning of this ep, it reminded me of the downtime when they watched the western in the Ultimate Ninja ep.

The "roots and wings" comment was also sweet.
__________________
AKA the Edwardian Adventuress and Fairlady_Z



"You just made your last mistake, Bugeyes -- 'cuz nobody beats up my best buddy and gets away with it -- Nobody! Got that?!"
Raphael about Michaelangelo, TMNT Volume 1
Time Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.