The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2007, 03:21 PM   #41
Courk
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
I think it's easy to tell them apart in the new cartoon without their gear on. The artists did very well picking the colors (although they just based the colors off of the 87 toys: Don-olive green, Mike-jungle green, Raph-green, but a little dark, Leo-crap I can't remember what Crayola crayon I use for him). But yeah those are the colors I use when coloring pictures of them lol. Yes I'm 23 and still color, back off
True. I have no other explanation.

I had thought they were the same colors as my old toys, but I thought I might be misremembering or wishful.
Courk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:29 PM   #42
Garou
On a X-Men: Evo trip!
 
Garou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In a different and wicked reality...
Posts: 1,991
Quote:
Other than those thoughts, I spent time trying to read Danish.
I'll be really impressed, if you can, Courk (unless your from Sweden or something like that). Danish has a different word composition than english.

But, though you can't read it, has any of you found out, that you can click on the TV area and Don's lab area as well?
__________________
Ferret Bureau of Investigation
Garou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 06:08 PM   #43
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
I have taken two semesters of German, so I was able to understand some of it. I could also tell that it was Danish and not Norwegian or Swedish- even without seeing the suffix.

I hope to go to Scandinavia next year!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 09:23 AM   #44
Time Mistress
Stone Warrior
 
Time Mistress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennshellvania, or the 79th level of Null-Time
Posts: 710
At first I was thinking it was German which I do know some of, but the words didn't look quite right. I figured it was Danish or something, but I did figure out a few words.
__________________
AKA the Edwardian Adventuress and Fairlady_Z



"You just made your last mistake, Bugeyes -- 'cuz nobody beats up my best buddy and gets away with it -- Nobody! Got that?!"
Raphael about Michaelangelo, TMNT Volume 1
Time Mistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:56 AM   #45
Swany
Stone Warrior
 
Swany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Near Glasgow. Scotland
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courk View Post
I wish Leo's bed made it into the shot of his room.
It did, on the left side below the pictures, its a matress on the floor. I forget the name given to them though.

Raphs room is a bit too over the top. There was a few wee things I liked like the hockey mask, the climbing frame, the guitar and that training thingie. (the log with the poles sticking out) Cannot for love nor money remember what its called either.

Mikeys room is cleaner than mine.
__________________
Swany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 02:51 PM   #46
Courk
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 321
Oh, I see it now! It blends in with the floor a bit.

How is the log thing used? Does he just balance on the various pegs?
Courk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 06:30 PM   #47
Swany
Stone Warrior
 
Swany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Near Glasgow. Scotland
Posts: 924
I cant actually describe. I remember seeing Jakie Chan use using one at the wee question bit at the end of Jakie Chan Adventures. Still cant remember what its called though.

Its annoying the heck out of me too.
__________________
Swany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 04:57 PM   #48
Garou
On a X-Men: Evo trip!
 
Garou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In a different and wicked reality...
Posts: 1,991
You mean the wooden dummy (yes, that's what they're referred to)? The pole with the branches sticking out from the sides, I assume. You hit and kick it, and the branches move so you have to dodge or hit it, as it comes in a circle from the other side - best reference would be to tell you to see a certain episode. Raph uses it, but I can't remember which ep at the moment.
__________________
Ferret Bureau of Investigation

Last edited by Garou; 06-02-2007 at 04:58 PM. Reason: Not to self: Never try to reply after an all-night party...
Garou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:28 AM   #49
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
what has always bugged me out is the fact that the turtles (in both universes) sleep with their weapons strapped to their bodies . Is it just a ninja thing to ssleep with your weapon or are the turtles just paranloid? I mean that can't be comfertable, and I can't see how you could even get away with sleeping with two bulky katana blades straped to your back or a long bo staff. Or Raph sleeping with both of his sias still strapped to his belt. I mean he has two pointy weapons on him. What if he rolled over the wrong way and he peiced his thigh, or...his groin
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 02:14 AM   #50
triplexxx
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,809
Must be a ninja thing I suppose; like I said some time before, it's even a wonder they're seen sleeping on their back sometimes in consideration of their shells. But then again, their shells may be what provides them that protection from their weapons and big pillows can be their neck protection when they're on their backs. It's the wonders of fiction, and as Spawn Guy might say, this is just a bunch of "fourth wall breaking" bull****.
__________________
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 04:31 AM   #51
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
I do not recall them actually sleeping with their weapons on. In the episode where they stay at April's place, and the one at Casey's grandma's house, they certainly do not have their weapons on. The one where they are in the lair, I cannot see the weapons either.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:19 AM   #52
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
technically they shouldnt be able to sleep on their back..but hey, its just a cartoon.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:59 AM   #53
Lady R. Santi
Foot Soldier
 
Lady R. Santi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: MI, USA
Posts: 108
Yeah, I'd think they'd sleep on their plastrons mostly and any back sleeping would be most comfortable in a hammock. Raph's got that right. Otherwise they'd need a honking pillow to hold their heads up and probably a rolled blanket or body pillow to keep themselves put. Anyhow. I also don't believe they can have much in the way of backpain as their spines would have to be fused to their shells. Possibly extreme lower or neck pain if anything. But certainly, life as a mutant turtle CANNOT be comfortable. My 2ยข
__________________

LadyRSanti@DeviantART
Lady R. Santi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:03 AM   #54
Scandia
Mad Scientist
 
Scandia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,265
I think the most comfortable position would be sleeping on your side with a firm pillow under your head and another one between your legs. At least that's how I sleep. The pillow between your legs helps with proper spine alignment. I cannot sleep comfortably without one to be honest.
__________________


Turtles fight with honor!!!
Scandia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:27 AM   #55
odupianist
Mad Scientist
 
odupianist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,744
Doesn't Raph sleep in a hammock so that helps him sleep on his back I'd assume
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:06 AM   #56
Lady R. Santi
Foot Soldier
 
Lady R. Santi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: MI, USA
Posts: 108
I would assume so. It totally conforms to their odd shape and, at least I think, would be the perfect solution. Or perhaps, being Raph and for the sake of the cartoon, he's just trying to be a "rebel".
__________________

LadyRSanti@DeviantART
Lady R. Santi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:55 AM   #57
syd
Stone Warrior
 
syd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 596
recently iv just been thinking that he really has the way of destroying his bed while sleeping that raph has to get himself a hamock instead.every morning when they wake up,it's all--
mikey:hey someone's been sleeping in a cesspool!LOL
don:i couldn't imagine wut kinda of logic u use when u engaged urself in such a crude battle with ur bed everynight while u r supposed to sleep in it.
leo: wut a hothead...*shrug*
splinter:find ur own bed my son,no need to waste more materials.

so there u go~since then raph abandoned matress.
__________________

"Never mind! I just broke out."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
glad to have you back.

Last edited by syd; 09-30-2007 at 08:01 AM.
syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 12:42 PM   #58
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Actually, when they stayed at April's place, I distinctly remember Raph still sleeping with his weapons, and Mikey was too. I think they do sleep with their weapons to be prepared for an attack, though I think it would be a little too uncomfortable.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:54 PM   #59
Wanda
Thug
 
Wanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Finland
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
though I think it would be a little too uncomfortable.
And dangerous too

But yeah, I agree with you. Raph and Mikey did sleep with their weapons on while they were staying at April's.
__________________

*
Hey, filthy king won't you give me a dream!*

***

"The true art of the ninja: hit and run.
(That is why some ninja(s) are often confused with drunk drivers.)"


The Origin of the Ninja
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:54 PM   #60
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk
 
Sage Ninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,926
realistically I think only Mikey and Raph can sleep with their weapons on since their weapons are small enough to wear on the body unlike Don and Leo (although I swear in the old toon Leonardo has been shown to sleep with his blades on his back )

But on the subject of sleep, was it ever mentioned what time of day the turtles sleep in in 2k3 series? I naturally assume that they sleep at night and are up during the day, but they seem to be up and about and getting into trouble at night. So I would assume that since the only time they can go top side is at night that they would sleep during the day when they can't be seen.
__________________

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight--for him!

Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
________________________________
http://frankviola.org/2012/01/30/godsviewofawoman/
_______________________________
http://nox-artemis.tumblr.com/post/4...k-and-feminism
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.