The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 08:41 PM   #41
Mike Bock
Hench Mutant
 
Mike Bock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Splinter's Dojo
Posts: 366
I am sorry to ask but I am kinda lost. Where is this dvd going to be sold?
Is this going to be some sort of extras on an official dvd or something?
Can you please tell me more about this awesome documentary?
I really want to know more about it.
Mike Bock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:51 AM   #42
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Canadian Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Small town Ontario, West of Toronto
Posts: 1,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
I am sorry to ask but I am kinda lost. Where is this dvd going to be sold?
Is this going to be some sort of extras on an official dvd or something?
Can you please tell me more about this awesome documentary?
I really want to know more about it.
Hey bro! I am glad you are pumped about it!

At this point we don't actually know for sure where, how, and when it will be out. I know that is not what people want to hear, but some pretty cool options have come up! So we will keep you posted as we figure out what is going on. It is more than likely there will be some shape or form of DVD that will be available possibly with and or without bonus materials and so on.

For those who are just coming across this project here is the story. You can read the in depth story on our blog posts over at turtledoc.com.

You all know me as Canadian Turtle here on the board, I am actually a young film maker from the Toronto area named Isaac. I am one of those people who only hears what I want people to say, so to be told this type of thing is impossible just doesn't register in my ears. We set out to create a fan based documentary with as much history of the turtles as we could find. To our amazement it rapidly changed into a living breathing monster of awesomeness! The things we've done and people we've met were truly life changing events. We plan on sharing all this awesomeness with all of you and the turtle world beyond the online community! The wonderful thing is the turtle community in the professional respect, is filled with the most caring and helpful people I have ever met! There is almost no one we could have spoken to that we didn't (if that makes sense) so expect some pretty cool stories from inside much of the turtle universe with some people who have not been heard from in a long time. There are also things you have probably never even seen! Which we are also excited about!

Anyways! Thank you all for your support and kind words! I truly can't wait to share this with all of you! I hope it is as enjoyable to you as it has been for us!

There is so much more to come! Keep posted!
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:29 AM   #43
NightwatchersOnlygirl
Stone Warrior
 
NightwatchersOnlygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In Nightwatcher's loving arms
Posts: 941
Is there anything happening about fliming the UK fans of TMNT
__________________
Nightwatcher is taken by me,NightwatchersOnlyGirl
Nightwatcher Is my boyfriend.
I love "My" Nightwatcher
Nightwatcher can put his boots under my bed anytime
Nightwatcher loves me!
NW 4 EVER
NW is Mine
NW is so sexy
Forever Nightwatcher's....
NightwatchersOnlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #44
Mike Bock
Hench Mutant
 
Mike Bock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Splinter's Dojo
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Turtle View Post
Hey bro! I am glad you are pumped about it!

At this point we don't actually know for sure where, how, and when it will be out. I know that is not what people want to hear, but some pretty cool options have come up! So we will keep you posted as we figure out what is going on. It is more than likely there will be some shape or form of DVD that will be available possibly with and or without bonus materials and so on.

For those who are just coming across this project here is the story. You can read the in depth story on our blog posts over at turtledoc.com.

You all know me as Canadian Turtle here on the board, I am actually a young film maker from the Toronto area named Isaac. I am one of those people who only hears what I want people to say, so to be told this type of thing is impossible just doesn't register in my ears. We set out to create a fan based documentary with as much history of the turtles as we could find. To our amazement it rapidly changed into a living breathing monster of awesomeness! The things we've done and people we've met were truly life changing events. We plan on sharing all this awesomeness with all of you and the turtle world beyond the online community! The wonderful thing is the turtle community in the professional respect, is filled with the most caring and helpful people I have ever met! There is almost no one we could have spoken to that we didn't (if that makes sense) so expect some pretty cool stories from inside much of the turtle universe with some people who have not been heard from in a long time. There are also things you have probably never even seen! Which we are also excited about!

Anyways! Thank you all for your support and kind words! I truly can't wait to share this with all of you! I hope it is as enjoyable to you as it has been for us!

There is so much more to come! Keep posted!

Oh wow this is awesome. Thanks for doing this.
If you put it out. I'll definitely buy it.
Thanks for everything man!
Mike Bock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:56 AM   #45
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior
 
johnnyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by drasgow View Post
go to shirt.woot i think the name of the shirt is epic begins... found it
http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=7762
awesome, thanks!
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:29 AM   #46
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,415
All of this sounds very fantastic and exciting and I want to be the first to delve into it and see what you've put together. My only hope is that -- apart from all the professionals you've been able to pull aside -- you found TMNT fans out there to talk to that are as angry as many are about the TMNT franchise's inability to escape the trappings of its children's spinoffs in the mass media... and not just a group of folks singing the praises of every aspect of the franchise as if it's all hunky-dory.

But you seem pretty objective so I'm fairly sure what we'll get is pretty balanced.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 02:21 AM   #47
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
All of this sounds very fantastic and exciting and I want to be the first to delve into it and see what you've put together. My only hope is that -- apart from all the professionals you've been able to pull aside -- you found TMNT fans out there to talk to that are as angry as many are about the TMNT franchise's inability to escape the trappings of its children's spinoffs in the mass media... and not just a group of folks singing the praises of every aspect of the franchise as if it's all hunky-dory.

But you seem pretty objective so I'm fairly sure what we'll get is pretty balanced.
no offense...to anyone...either way...
but I really dont think you're going to find a terrible amount of nay saying in the doc...I mean...why would they go out of their way to spit in the faces of the people who allowed them to make the thing in the first place...and then who went out of their way (opening their homes, offices, and lives) to make sure they had incredible content.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:26 PM   #48
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
I mean...why would they go out of their way to spit in the faces of the people who allowed them to make the thing in the first place...and then who went out of their way (opening their homes, offices, and lives) to make sure they had incredible content.
I'm not sure you understand what a documentary is. I mean, is it not a documentary but instead just a celebration of the franchise? In that case then it makes sense to omit people that dislike aspects of the franchise and just spotlight the smiling faces and cowabungas.

A documentation is supposed to be an objective look at a thing, warts and all.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:34 PM   #49
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
So Michael Moore movies aren't documentaries, because they only show one side of an argument?

I'm just saying...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:43 PM   #50
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
The average doc has about 90 hours + of footage. Even if he wanted to that's like 40 DVDs of just interviews. As cool as you might think it would be to watch it'd get boring fast. Editing is what makes a doc interesting because a lot of people have nothing interesting say and you have to make sentences for them. That or they stutter and get nervous. You have to worry about that with fans though more then the Mirage crew and such. Sometimes you can chat with someone for 40 minutes and get two good lines out of them or you hit gold and get several in just 20 minutes. It's tough and all in the editing like I said before.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:50 PM   #51
GK Punk
I'm your Devil
 
GK Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 12,439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
So Michael Moore movies aren't documentaries, because they only show one side of an argument?

I'm just saying...
Good call.
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:06 AM   #52
yeahduderad
Thug
 
yeahduderad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 63
looks amazing and very interesting - cant wait to see it
__________________
yeahduderad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:35 AM   #53
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Canadian Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Small town Ontario, West of Toronto
Posts: 1,257
People are bringing up some very interesting and true points here! Spitfire's points about making a movie in the editing room are very true! We could cut together any number of one hour shows focusing on many different aspects.

Look at it this way. There is a ton of amazing process footage from many different "Behind the scenes" areas of the Turtle world. Which help tell the stories of how different things came together.

We will try to meet the interests of everyone in the fan community, but to meet them all at the same time is impossible. The 25th is a happy look back on an amazing trip! Where we will be focusing on many different aspects of the turtles, a large portion of which will be the more "adult" themed world in the comics. There may be some ups and downs, but negative feedback about the turtles won't likely be a part of this story. This is a phenomenon/history/impact/behind the scenes/celebration film. I hope people will still be interested.
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #54
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Turtle View Post
I hope people will still be interested.
Everyone except for like 3 people I can think of...and I'm picking up 3 copies, so there ya go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
I'm not sure you understand what a documentary is.
And I'm not sure you understand the concept of not biting the hand that feeds you.

The only reason this doc got off the ground in the first place is due to the good graces of the people you'd like it to disrespect.

Last edited by Archon_Turtle; 05-06-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:07 PM   #55
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Canadian Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Small town Ontario, West of Toronto
Posts: 1,257
Thanks dude! May I ask who the other copies are for? I am only curious because I know you... otherwise I wouldn't be asking a total stranger why they want to buy more copies hahaha!
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #56
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Canadian Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Small town Ontario, West of Toronto
Posts: 1,257
And sorry for the double post.... BUT!

I have been adding new submissions to the cover contest and there are some pretty cool ones up so far... there still is no end date for this... it will more or less go until the day we start printing hahah

Here is the direct link: http://turtledoc.fauxpop.tv/?p=68
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:18 PM   #57
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Turtle View Post
Thanks dude! May I ask who the other copies are for? I am only curious because I know you... otherwise I wouldn't be asking a total stranger why they want to buy more copies hahaha!
One for the folks (at their request) and atleast 1 to give away on GGM.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #58
Canadian Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Canadian Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Small town Ontario, West of Toronto
Posts: 1,257
Nice!! good idea bro!
Canadian Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:44 PM   #59
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
How much are they going for?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:18 PM   #60
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
And I'm not sure you understand the concept of not biting the hand that feeds you.
And I'm not sure I understand how you could possibly think that concept applies here.

Quote:
The only reason this doc got off the ground in the first place is due to the good graces of the people you'd like it to disrespect.
Disrespect? Disrespect, seriously? Please explain to me how a self-proclaimed documentary that, in large part, is supposed to be an objective (if played up in an entertaining fashion) look at the TMNT fandom is being disrespectful by featuring at least one or two of the many TMNT fans (comic fans, generally) that find the children's spinoff side of things cancerous to the franchise? Of course this could easily be counterbalanced with opposing views from diehard cartoon fans who either don't like or never have picked up any comics.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.