The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 02:14 PM   #41
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
I think it's best to ignore everything I posted in this topic last night. I tend to rant and ramble when I'm really, really tired, like some people do when they're drunk.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #42
jaymq
Hench Mutant
 
jaymq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 435
'Cause it never hurts to ask.

Hey Tristan, are/were Gordon Miller and his partner going to be reoccurring characters in this plot?

Wondering 'cause I write fan fiction (incidentally, nothing you'd be interested in I'm sure ) and am curious if the characters will have more depth put into them or if they're only one-shot characters. I'll be sad if it's the latter.
__________________
Nom
jaymq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 06:02 PM   #43
staypuftweepel
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 169
So is the point of this thread to get people to begin a word of mouth movement for the completion of Gang Wars? or is this supposed to get people together to work on stories by Tristan in order to build a product that can be used to further pitch the rest of the stories? At times this thread has felt a little like both. Either way I'm definitely interested in both, because I've really enjoyed the arc so far.

If you need help from people to make the art for the book please look at my Turtle art and please consider me. I'd love to get involved in this anyway I possibly could.

My website is http://garyradziak.carbonmade.com

Last year I began working on a turtle comic about Michelangelo. If you look at the top row on my site there is a link to the pages I felt were the best. On the third row there is a link to the entire story so far. It is missing the opening splash page and the last three pages I believe are only works in progress, page 8 lacking black and white coloring, page 9 95% drawn, and 10 and 11 are only early drafts. Pages 2-6 are complete. The story itself was only planned to be half a comic long.

Thanks, Gary
staypuftweepel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #44
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku_CJJ View Post
Tristan can provide more details...we've been talking about the possibility of this on facebook.

I am going to need to put together a team...I think if we can produce the first issue as evidence that we are serious, Mirage might pick it up.
Produce a team for what purpose? Tristan has written it and hes got artists.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #45
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Produce a team for what purpose? Tristan has written it and hes got artists.
I think he means someone to put forth printing efforts, like how the Image conclusion started out.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #46
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosandra View Post
Hey Tristan, are/were Gordon Miller and his partner going to be reoccurring characters in this plot?

Wondering 'cause I write fan fiction (incidentally, nothing you'd be interested in I'm sure ) and am curious if the characters will have more depth put into them or if they're only one-shot characters. I'll be sad if it's the latter.
Considering the fact that he's shown up in more than one issue, I think it's safe to say Miller's not a one-shot character.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:53 AM   #47
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Produce a team for what purpose? Tristan has written it and hes got artists.
As far as I know, Tristan DOESN'T have an artist unless Mirage decides to pick this arc back up (not the one I'd like to see work on this series, anyway).

To answer Rose's question, this thread was started to discuss the possibility of pushing for the continuation/conclusion of the THJ story arc. As far as a team is concerned, if we started doing this as a fan project and Mirage and/or Viacom got wind and knew how much interest there was, maybe it would get picked up. I'm not that great of an artist compared to others on this board but I'm not going to pull together a team of people to work on it and not do anything myself.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:58 PM   #48
jaymq
Hench Mutant
 
jaymq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroku_CJJ View Post
As far as I know, Tristan DOESN'T have an artist unless Mirage decides to pick this arc back up (not the one I'd like to see work on this series, anyway).
'Cept he already said there's two interested artists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
I know Andres and Paul would both be keen to come back on board.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
Considering the fact that he's shown up in more than one issue, I think it's safe to say Miller's not a one-shot character.
Okay, which issue were they in?
__________________
Nom
jaymq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:42 AM   #49
Billbeaux
Foot Soldier
 
Billbeaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Flyover Country
Posts: 168
Oh hell yes! I fail to see why this wasn't Mirage's top priority during the latter part of Tales' run. I'd LOVE to see it! Every bit as much as I'd LOVE to see the Image conclusion come to fruition. And, for the cherry on top, I'd LOVE for them not to contradict each other (though I'll happily invoke fridge logic to reconcile them if they do).

I'm behind you 100%, Tristan. Swing for the fences, mate!
Billbeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #50
John Pannozzi
Stone Warrior
 
John Pannozzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billbeaux View Post
Oh hell yes! I fail to see why this wasn't Mirage's top priority during the latter part of Tales' run. I'd LOVE to see it! Every bit as much as I'd LOVE to see the Image conclusion come to fruition. And, for the cherry on top, I'd LOVE for them not to contradict each other (though I'll happily invoke fridge logic to reconcile them if they do).

I'm behind you 100%, Tristan. Swing for the fences, mate!
I agree wholeheartedly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Santo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerjacques
It was definitely not a kid's book.
That was the thing that always mystified me about the turn the franchise took when Eastman and Laird licensed the cartoon and the parallel comic book published by the same outfit that gave us Archie. The turtles' original origin story? The whole thing hinges on a for-Christ's-sake rape-murder!!!!
from here.
John Pannozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:24 PM   #51
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I'd like to see this but I'd like to see "Forever War" finished more. That needs, dare I say deserves, to be finished.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:53 AM   #52
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosandra View Post
Hey Tristan, are/were Gordon Miller and his partner going to be reoccurring characters in this plot?

Wondering 'cause I write fan fiction (incidentally, nothing you'd be interested in I'm sure ) and am curious if the characters will have more depth put into them or if they're only one-shot characters. I'll be sad if it's the latter.
Oh yeah. One of my favorite "never to be" sequences or plot points had Miller or Whitmire's family being targeted and used against them to extract info on the Turtles. Gordon was the one who locked Hun away, and you find out he had a hand in the investigation into Tang Shen and Hamato Yoshi's deaths. Big plans for Miller's son, too.

Whitmire appeared a second time in "Sometimes They Come Back", while Gordon reappeared in "Hun". Both are referenced and appear "off-camera" in "Expose".

Eventually things reach a point where New York is basically under the thumb of a shadow government of sorts. The gang wars and corruption gets so out of hand that the military are brought in, and even that causes more problems than it should, as you find out why there's this absence of superheros during this particular timeframe of the Mirage chronology. Cobra manages to make use of some of the Mousers left over after #61 (but not quite in the way they're intended to be or have been used in the past), the Baron vies for control using the Black Magic drug mentioned in "Hun" and "Burning Man", there's a ******** of supernatural "kung-fu-sploitation" stemming out of the events of "Burning Man", Splinter comes back from NH, undead ninjas, a dragon demon, Bishop gets revealed, Touch and Go were going to be brought in (in a sense), Savanti Romero, the guy that was spying on the Turtles in April's apartment WAY back in Vol. 1, Ross's "Change of Power" was going to get wrapped up (very differently to what was intended though -- kind of how I'd do it, but I'd still double check it with Ross), Murph's trio of Mystics, Karai and something of a new spin on the Shredder legacy. There's heaps of **** here written down -- the nature of the mutagen and its affect on humans, Hun's family, the Puzzorelli family, vampires and vampire slayers, the cabal, the data that Razorback and his men were after... all kinds of ****, all culminating in a pretty epic battle that would've put a pretty solid end to things.
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones

Last edited by TristanHuwJones; 05-20-2010 at 09:16 AM.
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:01 AM   #53
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Holy **** dude, that's freaking amazing!!!! I've always known your stories were kick-ass but damn, Trist, that story would be the ultimate Turtle story in the history of Turtle stories!! I love the intricate details to all the different ways things fit together, it makes the overall picture seem more coherent; even the most inane story would have its place.

Awesome dude. Truly epic. C'mon Dark Horse, pick up the Turtles!!!!
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:45 PM   #54
Aztec General
Mad Scientist
 
Aztec General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,437
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
Oh yeah. One of my favorite "never to be" sequences or plot points had Miller or Whitmire's family being targeted and used against them to extract info on the Turtles. Gordon was the one who locked Hun away, and you find out he had a hand in the investigation into Tang Shen and Hamato Yoshi's deaths. Big plans for Miller's son, too.

Whitmire appeared a second time in "Sometimes They Come Back", while Gordon reappeared in "Hun". Both are referenced and appear "off-camera" in "Expose".

Eventually things reach a point where New York is basically under the thumb of a shadow government of sorts. The gang wars and corruption gets so out of hand that the military are brought in, and even that causes more problems than it should, as you find out why there's this absence of superheros during this particular timeframe of the Mirage chronology. Cobra manages to make use of some of the Mousers left over after #61 (but not quite in the way they're intended to be or have been used in the past), the Baron vies for control using the Black Magic drug mentioned in "Hun" and "Burning Man", there's a ******** of supernatural "kung-fu-sploitation" stemming out of the events of "Burning Man", Splinter comes back from NH, undead ninjas, a dragon demon, Bishop gets revealed, Touch and Go were going to be brought in (in a sense), Savanti Romero, the guy that was spying on the Turtles in April's apartment WAY back in Vol. 1, Ross's "Change of Power" was going to get wrapped up (very differently to what was intended though -- kind of how I'd do it, but I'd still double check it with Ross), Murph's trio of Mystics, Karai and something of a new spin on the Shredder legacy. There's heaps of **** here written down -- the nature of the mutagen and its affect on humans, Hun's family, the Puzzorelli family, vampires and vampire slayers, the cabal, the data that Razorback and his men were after... all kinds of ****, all culminating in a pretty epic battle that would've put a pretty solid end to things.

Dude! They have to let you finish this story! It's the best way to end the Mirage era.
__________________
Aztec General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 04:47 PM   #55
jaymq
Hench Mutant
 
jaymq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
Oh yeah. One of my favorite "never to be" sequences or plot points had Miller or Whitmire's family being targeted and used against them to extract info on the Turtles. Gordon was the one who locked Hun away, and you find out he had a hand in the investigation into Tang Shen and Hamato Yoshi's deaths. Big plans for Miller's son, too.

Whitmire appeared a second time in "Sometimes They Come Back", while Gordon reappeared in "Hun". Both are referenced and appear "off-camera" in "Expose".

Eventually things reach a point where New York is basically under the thumb of a shadow government of sorts. The gang wars and corruption gets so out of hand that the military are brought in, and even that causes more problems than it should, as you find out why there's this absence of superheros during this particular timeframe of the Mirage chronology. Cobra manages to make use of some of the Mousers left over after #61 (but not quite in the way they're intended to be or have been used in the past), the Baron vies for control using the Black Magic drug mentioned in "Hun" and "Burning Man", there's a ******** of supernatural "kung-fu-sploitation" stemming out of the events of "Burning Man", Splinter comes back from NH, undead ninjas, a dragon demon, Bishop gets revealed, Touch and Go were going to be brought in (in a sense), Savanti Romero, the guy that was spying on the Turtles in April's apartment WAY back in Vol. 1, Ross's "Change of Power" was going to get wrapped up (very differently to what was intended though -- kind of how I'd do it, but I'd still double check it with Ross), Murph's trio of Mystics, Karai and something of a new spin on the Shredder legacy. There's heaps of **** here written down -- the nature of the mutagen and its affect on humans, Hun's family, the Puzzorelli family, vampires and vampire slayers, the cabal, the data that Razorback and his men were after... all kinds of ****, all culminating in a pretty epic battle that would've put a pretty solid end to things.
Oh god. ILU >.>

Seriously, I have nothing else. ;_;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Awesome dude. Truly epic. C'mon Dark Horse, pick up the Turtles!!!!
YES!
__________________
Nom
jaymq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 06:14 PM   #56
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
HAHA! Thanks guys. The Dark Horse thing won't happen either. They made their play from what I'd heard and it didn't work out. Like I said, I think the only way this could get done properly would be if Pete gave me the go ahead to do it under his 18 issue a year agreement, but I'm pretty sure he's pretty over Turtles so I'm not going to bug him about it. If it happens, it happens.

These aren't the finer details either, these are just big nasty story blasts, the finer details would have me here all weekend
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #57
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
If you read PL's current blog entries it really feels as if he wants to currently distance himself from TMNT as much as possible for the time being.

Unless another company gets the license, I wouldn't expect any TMNT comics for at least a couple years, except the Image conclusion.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:06 AM   #58
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
TristanHuwJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,419
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If you read PL's current blog entries it really feels as if he wants to currently distance himself from TMNT as much as possible for the time being.

Unless another company gets the license, I wouldn't expect any TMNT comics for at least a couple years, except the Image conclusion.
Even if something did start tomorrow it probably wouldn't hit for at least a year. Gotta write, edit, rewrite, draw, ink, tone, letter, put together, market and publish. Not stufff that ever really happens over night...
__________________
Still alive (somehow)...
tristansbones.bsky.social
and instagram @ instagram.com/tristans_bones
TristanHuwJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:26 PM   #59
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,805
So since Mirage is done forever based on PL's blog comments, what is going to happen now?

Any plans? Rumors? A way to finish this story?

This and Volume 4 are the only two long-running plots that *really* need closure, everything else doesn't really need that much closure.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #60
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,415
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...&postcount=639
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.