The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: How many times have you watched it?
I've only watched each epsiode once 6 17.65%
I've seen every episode around 2-3 times 15 44.12%
I've watched through the show multiple times (5 or more times per episode) 11 32.35%
I watched the show so much that the episodes are burnt into my skull 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,789
Some of the pacing problems I had with certain arcs no longer matter now that you can watch it all in one sitting. Notes in the Underground and Turtles in Space in particular flow much better when you watch them together.

I still wish Season 5 got a full 26 episodes. In that gap between the tribunal stuff and the climax where "Membership drive" and the third Garbageman ep were, I feel like they could have slotted in another 10-12 episodes in there, tying up more loose ends like Rat King and Leatherhead.

Maybe even adapt some more comic stuff that they didn't get to.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:01 PM   #42
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
I read on here or someone told me or I read on Peter's blog that originally Ninja Tribunal was going to be a standard size season with more episodes tagged on that had each of the guys having adventures and training with the human Acolyte they had become friends with. With the exception of Adam and maybe Tora at times I wasn't too interested in the characters so I didn't feel like we missed much
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:10 AM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
I read on here or someone told me or I read on Peter's blog that originally Ninja Tribunal was going to be a standard size season with more episodes tagged on that had each of the guys having adventures and training with the human Acolyte they had become friends with. With the exception of Adam and maybe Tora at times I wasn't too interested in the characters so I didn't feel like we missed much
Are we sure? I mean all 13 episodes were already scripted, just not fully animated before they skipped ahead to Fast Forward.

If it was supposed to be 26 episodes they changed their minds before going into production, because there are no other episode titles or missing episode numbers from that point.

Although I do wish it had been a full season. Another 13 eps would have surely fleshed out the human acolytes (assuming they didn't "die" when they did), and given us some more standalone episodes about Rat King or whatever else.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:19 AM   #44
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Are we sure? I mean all 13 episodes were already scripted, just not fully animated before they skipped ahead to Fast Forward.

If it was supposed to be 26 episodes they changed their minds before going into production, because there are no other episode titles or missing episode numbers from that point.

Although I do wish it had been a full season. Another 13 eps would have surely fleshed out the human acolytes (assuming they didn't "die" when they did), and given us some more standalone episodes about Rat King or whatever else.
I wish I could recall where I saw/read this but I do think it was cut before the production stage even started. I just remember thinking I was glad it stayed at 13 episodes then if that is what they decided to leave out. Because frankly I didn't find the human acolytes that interesting and would have been annoyed at the time taken away from the Turtles honestly. But if more had been going to be done it would have made more sense why the human acolytes are there, considering how pointless they seem in the 13 episode arch.
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:26 AM   #45
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,789
Well like the Membership drive episode, I don't think the eps inbetween would be all about them. It seems that ep and the intended Hun/Garbageman ep were there to be a "breather" inbetween the Demon Shredder story.

I am certain we would have gotten another Rat King episode in the least if it had been longer. Would have been the perfect time to do the usual Splinter/Rat King story that every series has at some point.

I also find it kind of strange how absent Leatherhead was overall. He's not included in the finale against the Demon Shredder at all when they included almost everyone else...like all the other villains and heroes.

In fact after Season 4 I don't think Leatherhead even appears again till his cameo in Season 7's last episode during April/Casey's wedding.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.