The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #41
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Indeed it's cheap gaga for little kids. It's horrible.
I disagree. Teen Titans had the exact same thing, and has fans who are both kids and adults.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #42
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,794
Do we need swirly eyes on the villains when they get hit though? Or cuccoo birds flying around the villains heads when they get dizzy?

I hope not.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #43
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpDerp View Post
The OT was horribly cheesy. It was full of cheap laughs and lame puns and they used the same lines over and over again.
And it was funny.




Oh, wait... Were you serious?? O_o That's crazy talk.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #44
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpDerp View Post
The OT was horribly cheesy. It was the 80's.

^fixed it for you
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:01 PM   #45
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I loved the choreography in the training scene. And Splinter being tall didn't look odd at all.
I seem to keep missing what you are talking about


Show looks better than I originally was thinking.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #46
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,794
I find witty and sarcastic dialogue more humorous than anime emoticons. Luckily the dialogue in Nick's shown is pretty funny so far.

Mike thankfully isn't annoying but comes across as fun and lovable.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #47
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior
 
TMNT_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Home, PA
Posts: 620
Quote:
I find witty and sarcastic dialogue more humorous than anime emoticons. Luckily the dialogue in Nick's shown is pretty funny so far.
Don: "...Shoulda dropped the staff?"
Raph: "Shoulda dropped the staff."
Quote:
Mike thankfully isn't annoying but comes across as fun and lovable.
Mike: "It's a gift..."
__________________
TMNT_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #48
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph_tha_Dude View Post
I seem to keep missing what you are talking about


Show looks better than I originally was thinking.
Referring to the new training video teaser scene seen here: http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/teen...a-turtles.html
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #49
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior
 
TMNT_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Home, PA
Posts: 620
So, It looks like we have our new Bebop and Rocksteady:
Dogpound and Fishface


They look like somthing the Power Rangers should be fighting.
__________________
TMNT_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:21 PM   #50
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis View Post
Referring to the new training video teaser scene seen here: http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/teen...a-turtles.html
Ahh, thank you. I really liked that one.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:23 PM   #51
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
I don't care for Dogpound and Fishface's designs. Hopefully they'll grow on me...I just can't stop thinking that Bebop and Rocksteady would have been better canidates for the evil mutant category.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #52
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Guy View Post
So, It looks like we have our new Bebop and Rocksteady:
Dogpound and Fishface


They look like somthing the Power Rangers should be fighting.
so did Beebop and Rocksteady (at least for sentai) I don't see your point
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #53
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph_tha_Dude View Post
Ahh, thank you. I really liked that one.
Yeah, it's the most promising clip we've seen yet, in my opinion.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #54
TMNT_Guy
Stone Warrior
 
TMNT_Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Home, PA
Posts: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
so did Beebop and Rocksteady (at least for sentai) I don't see your point
Dogpound, to me, just looks like some guy in a costume. Maybe it's the size.
__________________
TMNT_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #55
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Guy View Post
Dogpound, to me, just looks like some guy in a costume. Maybe it's the size.
Lol, yeah. Reminds me of Booster from Jingle All The Way.

ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #56
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
soon? i can't wait that long....
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:31 PM   #57
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Lol, yeah. Reminds me of Booster from Jingle All The Way.

Hahaha, oh my God. You hit the nail on the head.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:35 PM   #58
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,203
any one notice Fish Face's robotic legs?
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #59
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
any one notice Fish Face's robotic legs?
He probably needs some kind of cybernetic enhancement to be able to breathe air and such.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #60
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Lol, yeah. Reminds me of Booster from Jingle All The Way.

Oh my God, you're right! I knew he reminded me of someone, I just couldn't put my finger on it!
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.