The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #41
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Breckel View Post
Really looking forward to this one, I love Santolouco's work. For those of you that don't watch him on DA, he did a model sheet of the turtles and April today

http://santolouco.deviantart.com/art...heet-321121895
Heather welcome to the Drome and thanks for all the shares and art updates.

I really like what he did with the turtles in this piece
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #42
Lampy
Stone Warrior
 
Lampy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Breckel View Post
Really looking forward to this one, I love Santolouco's work. For those of you that don't watch him on DA, he did a model sheet of the turtles and April today

http://santolouco.deviantart.com/art...heet-321121895
I checked it out... And found this.

http://Santolouco.deviantart.com/art...aser-315251373

Now.. I definitely want to see more of his Turtles.
Lampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #43
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Breckel View Post
Really looking forward to this one, I love Santolouco's work. For those of you that don't watch him on DA, he did a model sheet of the turtles and April today

http://santolouco.deviantart.com/art...heet-321121895
Ha! I just saw that a few minutes ago and even started a new thread about it!

So I guess Santolouco is gonna work on both the IDW ongoing series and the IDW Nick series [EDIT: nevermind]? Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampy View Post
I checked it out... And found this.

http://Santolouco.deviantart.com/art...aser-315251373

Now.. I definitely want to see more of his Turtles.
A very nice piece of art! I'm looking forward to this mini-series! I figured I'd go ahead and embed the image in this thread just to be cool:

__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 08-14-2012 at 06:31 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #44
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior
 
LeoNerdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
Spoiler:


Unofficial, but this is badass.
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #45
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Agreed, that piece is killer. I am now pumped for this!
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:22 PM   #46
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Santolouco is the perfect artist for the job. Blown away by his Turtles, especially his Nick Turtles. YES!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:14 AM   #47
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
They're not Nick turtles. They look exactly like them, but they're not. Love the logic in that, haha. I would muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch rather this book look like the 'unofficial' art. Bummer.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:57 AM   #48
Genesis
Stone Warrior
 
Genesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 624
Ah, yeah. Okay. That drawing is awesome.
Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:01 AM   #49
Erik Burnham
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere in MN
Posts: 153
Mateus has sent me his draft of the first issue, and I'm going through and doing my part now.

Folks, Bobby gets surly when I tease fans... but I gotta say, there's a splash page in here that will make you go "DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!" and champ at the bit for issue #2.

I'm just sayin', that's all I'm sayin'. (;

Spoiler free is the way to be, right?

Seriously, I'm having a blast working on this, and I'm grateful to both Bobby and Mateus for having me along for the ride.

Seeya soon!

-E
__________________
Follow me on Twitter. Be my Facebook fan. Wade in the pool that is my ego. (;

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:00 AM   #50
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Can't wait!
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #51
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
They're not Nick turtles. They look exactly like them, but they're not. Love the logic in that, haha. I would muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch rather this book look like the 'unofficial' art. Bummer.
Haha, I mean, there's no doubt in my mind that those are Nick Turtles, regardless of the official statement concerning the matter. Nothing against it, I do like it.

But as Bobby said, that was just concept art, so I'm sure the TMNT will look a little different in the final product.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #52
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,225
Santolouco's cover for #1



Rafael Grampa's cover for #1 (this one's the A cover)

ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #53
funatic
Mad Scientist
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,226
man both of those covers are amazing! my socks have been rocked off, which is appropriate, seeing as this is the secret history of the FOOT clan! [let the groans ensue ] very pumped for this now!
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #54
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
Is that a white fox mask the mystery lady is holding?



Hmm. This could be interesting.

Last edited by DarkLightDragon; 09-13-2012 at 03:20 PM.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #55
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Notice Don's Nick-inspired tooth gap in Santalouco's peice.

I love his art, though; his Shredder is probably the coolest modern interpretation yet!
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #56
funatic
Mad Scientist
 
funatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Northampton, MA
Posts: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLightDragon View Post
Is that a white fox mask the mystery lady is holding?
ooh good eye, I'd love for Alopex's character to get more flushed out and this could be the start of it! Get rid of that, "oh, they threw in another random mutant for no reason" vibe and give her some backstory.
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #57
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
That mask is based on the Okami legend, if you played the PS2/Wii game you'd know.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:03 PM   #58
DarkLightDragon
Mad Scientist
 
DarkLightDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That mask is based on the Okami legend, if you played the PS2/Wii game you'd know.


Oh yes. You mean Amateratsu. Then it could be a white wolf mask instead of a fox.
DarkLightDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:03 PM   #59
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
great covers! gotta get both
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:16 PM   #60
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior
 
ctt4lfecw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Neutrino
Posts: 817
I hope this will be a TPB.

Last edited by ctt4lfecw; 09-13-2012 at 05:26 PM.
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comics, idw, mini-series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.