The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #41
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
The blatant disregard for the TMNT franchise is apparent with this movie...who cares if this guy is a good actor? He sounds like a horrible Splinter.

This is sounding like a film along the lines of the 90s live action Street Fighter film. Yup.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:08 AM   #42
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Wow!!!!! Im surprise! Surprise without bad feelings!

Cant wait to see any news about the screencap motion....!!!

He is going to be totally new Splinter design!

Just comment....Im not sure if someelse hear about it...About first old movie, they want a smaller Splinter, but it was not possible because all the animatronics they need for the head....so finally he was taller than they want....
This time the magic digital work will make/allow a small mutant ninja master rat!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:21 AM   #43
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzmagica View Post
Wow!!!!! Im surprise! Surprise without bad feelings!

Cant wait to see any news about the screencap motion....!!!

He is going to be totally new Splinter design!

Just comment....Im not sure if someelse hear about it...About first old movie, they want a smaller Splinter, but it was not possible because all the animatronics they need for the head....so finally he was taller than they want....
This time the magic digital work will make/allow a small mutant ninja master rat!
If only more people were like you.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #44
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Odd choice, but why not. He's a good actor, of what I can remember of him.

If Danny reflects Splinter's height, I wonder if the Turtle actors will keep theirs or will be scaled down. I think a short Splinter works when the turtles also are on the short side, around 5 feet.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:58 AM   #45
Jay $tarkiller
Stone Warrior
 
Jay $tarkiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dortmund, Germany
Posts: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddhead View Post
Wow, they could have given me a thousand years and I never would have guessed danny. I like him plenty as an actor, I just have no idea what kind of splinter he is going to portray.

This is going to be a very, very strange ninja turtles movie. I just hope he doesn't get bacterial meningitis ...
that's a great episode on Seinfeld..how about Cramer as Casey Jones
__________________
Jay $tarkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:58 AM   #46
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior
 
drewizzle88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 573
what a shame...I was wildly unimpressed with Miss Fox being cast as April, but whatever I could deal with that, however after reading the script and now seeing a midget is Splinter? F you Michael Bay and your stupid ass movie that can't even include the words "Teenage Mutant" because they are now aliens. This could have been so cool too, I can't imagine what the turtles are going to look like, I'd bet awful.

Thank you to IDW and the new Nick toon for giving us your spin on the TEENAGE MUTANT Ninja Turtles that still recognize the critical details of their past. At least I have a great new cartoon and kick ass comic to enjoy.
__________________
drewizzle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:05 AM   #47
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
What the heck is wrong with a short Splinter?
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:13 AM   #48
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Don't use the word midget, that's disrespectful you dweeb.

besides, most incarnation Splinter is around 4 feet tall anyway, if Splinter is to be mocapped, why not use someone short?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:20 AM   #49
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior
 
drewizzle88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 573
oh that's right you can't call anything what it is these days...dweeb really, cute
__________________
drewizzle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:23 AM   #50
Shred Head
Hench Mutant
 
Shred Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 341
A C list Comedian who does direct to DVD Christmas movies as Splinter yeesh that sounds like an iffy choice. He's a pretty good actor he might pull it off but the bulk of his work doesn't inspire any confidence playing an ancient wise ninja master Rat. I swear the casting for the movie has been beyond random like someone has a board with alot of names on it and there just blindly throwing darts at it.

Tell the truth casting is now moot anyway if its true the leaked script is the movie we are getting and the rewrites are to make it a cheaper and faster movie to make. Then no matter of casting is going to save it.
__________________

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:43 AM   #51
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewizzle88 View Post
oh that's right you can't call anything what it is these days...dweeb really, cute
I had better words, but I'd thought it was better using a word that was more comedic the lets say, idiot, moron, jackwagon. ect

Midget is a derogatory term against a person with Dwarfism, even pea brains know that
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:58 AM   #52
RaphAndDonnie
Stone Warrior
 
RaphAndDonnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 769
Hmm...interesting. Another actor I've had no exposure to. Hopefully he'll leave a good impression with me. Honestly I don't mind a short Splinter, it's the least of my worries with this movie. Well we have the Turtles cast along with Splinter and April. I wonder if they'll have small, no names for Shredder and Casey...
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
I love 2012 Mikey. He is like Joey from friends.
My art is here!: http://suzukipot.deviantart.com/
And my fanfics are here!:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3865667/suzukipot
RaphAndDonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:46 AM   #53
the fixer
Hench Mutant
 
the fixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: BELGIUM
Posts: 395
He was cool in Seinfeld.
Don't think I've seen him in anything else...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyCa-LHtIKE



We didn't expect that, that's fer dang sure!

Last edited by the fixer; 04-16-2013 at 03:04 AM.
the fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:05 AM   #54
zak_the_neutrino
Foot Soldier
 
zak_the_neutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
The blatant disregard for the TMNT franchise is apparent with this movie...who cares if this guy is a good actor? He sounds like a horrible Splinter.

This is sounding like a film along the lines of the 90s live action Street Fighter film. Yup.
Wow your comments are just out there. Yeah umm ok this movie is going to bad like the 90s street fighter? Do us all a favor and don't see it cause this movie will make loads of money with or without you. Why is everyone on here trying to sound like the disgruntled fan when in actuality are going to see the film sitting front row? I love the casting and it's being handled perfectly. Can't wait for this movie. It's going to blow the first film away.
__________________
NAAHH! THIS PLACE IS DULLSVILLE MAN LET'S CUT OUT!!!
zak_the_neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:16 AM   #55
zak_the_neutrino
Foot Soldier
 
zak_the_neutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I'm not going to bash you for your opinions but what changes are you happy with? If you want some of these drastic changes it makes me wonder how much you actually liked the source material.
I love the source but its a new decade, new times. Now people are complaining that Splinter will be short and this and that blah blah blah. Who cares!!!! What "drastic changes" is there? A reboot is a reboot for a reason. I heard someone saying they want actors in the costumes. Why??? Motion capture is going to look 10x better. I just feel like a lot of you bitch and moan cause you want to sound like the rest of the fans doing it. People are afraid to voice their own real opinion. Well I'm not. The first tmnt movie was good. Secret of the ooze and tmnt 3 sucked major. To kid friendly complete garbage. I read that some fans are saying michael bay ruined their childhood. (I dont see how when the movie isnt even out yet) Well he's saving my childhood.
__________________
NAAHH! THIS PLACE IS DULLSVILLE MAN LET'S CUT OUT!!!
zak_the_neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #56
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCollector View Post
I think Michael Bay just went, "Ok, I ruined Transformers pretty good, what can I do to ruin TMNT even more so?"
Cast Ru Paul as Karai. That'll do it.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #57
the fixer
Hench Mutant
 
the fixer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: BELGIUM
Posts: 395
Now now...

Apart from mrs. Fox, I really think the cast isn't that bad...
Could we please wait till we've seen them portray the characters until we judge them?

Sure, Danny Woodburn isn't asian, but neither was Kevin Clash!
Speaking of Clash, I'm sure people started complaining when they heard that Elmo was cast as Splinter in 1990. Turned out he was perfect!

And remember when Keaton was cast as Batman? People started petitions...
Mr Mom was going to be Batman! Turned out awesome!

Keep up the faith, people!

PS Not for Megan Fox though. April is lost. Let her go.
PS2 Ru Paul is too old to play Karai. Don't be silly. :p
the fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #58
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior
 
drewizzle88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I had better words, but I'd thought it was better using a word that was more comedic the lets say, idiot, moron, jackwagon. ect

Midget is a derogatory term against a person with Dwarfism, even pea brains know that

doesn't sound like you had any better words at all, I'll keep dweeb, it's pretty legit, 3rd grade maybe, but legit nonetheless.

thank you for educating me, I love insults from someone telling me what I said is insulting, the irony makes me chuckle. Butttt this thread isnt about me or how awesome you are, unwad your panties and back to splinter, pretty please, I promise no more "M" word!
__________________
drewizzle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #59
sgtfbomb
Stone Warrior
 
sgtfbomb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Internet
Posts: 830
Everytime they announce somebody new, it reads like an April Fools gag.

Let's just say, I'm not particularly excited for this reboot, but the reboot after this reboot.

Quote:
Well he's saving my childhood.
Are you for real? Look, I don't think the sky is falling, but nowhere -- from the early draft of the screenplay to the casting to the guy they got to direct this film -- do I see how this can be a good film, much less the triumphant savior of our childhood. Yes, it's naive to assume that a film will suck donkey balls long before it's even gone before cameras, but I'd easily say the same for the complete opposite, especially regarding the news for this film, which has typically drifted from lackluster to "m'eh."

At the end of the day, it will either be good, bad, or simply "so-so." If it sucks, then oh well, I just lost $10. That's it. It's not the end of the world, as some fans might make it seem. But, nothing about any of the news regarding this film has inspired any bit of confidence. It's pretty sad that the only news about this film that doesn't immediately spark anything less than a slight hesitation has been the casting of the "psychic powers guy" from Accepted and an SNL alum.

Next you'll tell us that Rob Scneider is a comedic genius, Honey Boo Boo is a national treasure, and GI Joe: Retaliation deserves the Oscar for Best Movie Ever.
sgtfbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #60
ryukenden
Hench Mutant
 
ryukenden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 383
Sketches and official photographs have yet to be released. We'll just have to wait for the trailer and we'll see if Shredder will be played by an asian actor. If he's not Asian, then the Schraider alarm will sound.
ryukenden is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, movie casting


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.