The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Should the new movie be rated PG-13 or PG?
PG-13 49 96.08%
PG 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #41
thebrownranger
Stone Warrior
 
thebrownranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That said, the apparent complete lack of any kind of martial arts weapons of the Foot Soldiers still makes me scratch my head in terms of what sort of fighting we're actually going to even be able to see... just a series of grappling moves, blocks, weapon removals and "quick takedowns"? Boring.
I feel the same way man. I don't know how long it will take until I start snoozing in the theater because the turtles keep dodging about a thousand Foot soldier bullets per second every fight scene. It's hard to see the stealthy ninja/assassin feel in them because of this militaristic "covert-ops" attire.
__________________
https://www.instagram.com/allenjac0b/
WANTED:
A.C. Farley Leonardo Bust (bronze & unpainted)
Playmates TMNT statues- Donatello, Michelangelo
thebrownranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #42
zak_the_neutrino
Foot Soldier
 
zak_the_neutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 118
This topic is pointless. We all know it's gonna be PG-13. Why are we even discussing this???
__________________
NAAHH! THIS PLACE IS DULLSVILLE MAN LET'S CUT OUT!!!
zak_the_neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #43
zak_the_neutrino
Foot Soldier
 
zak_the_neutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownranger View Post
I feel the same way man. I don't know how long it will take until I start snoozing in the theater because the turtles keep dodging about a thousand Foot soldier bullets per second every fight scene. It's hard to see the stealthy ninja/assassin feel in them because of this militaristic "covert-ops" attire.
Wow you sure can judge a lot about a film by one photo.
__________________
NAAHH! THIS PLACE IS DULLSVILLE MAN LET'S CUT OUT!!!
zak_the_neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #44
TurtleMaster4
Hench Mutant
 
TurtleMaster4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Some where in the Sewers of New York!
Posts: 390
I'd prefer a PG-13 turtles story for once, nothing above that, save that for the older comics.
TurtleMaster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #45
thebrownranger
Stone Warrior
 
thebrownranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 782
Quote:
Originally Posted by zak_the_neutrino View Post
Wow you sure can judge a lot about a film by one photo.
My hope is that it wouldn't turn out into what I think it seems like right now, judging from what I see at the moment. Just giving my opinion from what I see so far, Mr. zak_the_neutrino.
__________________
https://www.instagram.com/allenjac0b/
WANTED:
A.C. Farley Leonardo Bust (bronze & unpainted)
Playmates TMNT statues- Donatello, Michelangelo
thebrownranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #46
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownranger View Post
My hope is that it wouldn't turn out into what I think it seems like right now, judging from what I see at the moment. Just giving my opinion from what I see so far, Mr. zak_the_neutrino.
He hates opinions and speculation.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #47
raph27
Mad Scientist
 
raph27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,611
Weta would be AWESOME for the Turtles. LOTR is still my favorite film to this day.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #48
Bob
Stone Warrior
 
Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UK, England
Posts: 546
It will be good to finally have a PG13/12A rated TMNT film. It’s been a long time coming. Going by the director’s track record I don’t think we have to worry about anything lower.
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #49
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
I hope it goes PG-13. It would be about time for the Turtles to return to their darker and more grittier roots.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:29 PM   #50
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
I hope it goes PG-13. It would be about time for the Turtles to return to their darker and more grittier roots.
Whoa, yeah no. I wouldn't count on that.

But PG-13 seems like a no-brainer. Unless some suits force them to go PG for some dumb reason, it should happen. PG-13 doesn't scare parents anymore.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #51
Plasticplayhouse
the gray ghost
 
Plasticplayhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North East
Posts: 2,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Possibly. But historically Playmates has held all of the cards over the studio/director/producer(s), not the other way around. And at least as far as the last movie goes, they were not willing to bend one millimeter.
that may have been the case when pete owned the turtles and playmates was an initial investor into the tmnt line when many others balked at "ninja turtles". all that's in the past. viacom is the new owner and playmates was chosen from a host of various toy companies that were interested. i doubt playmates holds as much clout now as they may have in the past. transformers was pg-13 and their toyline which is geared to the same age group, was very successful. i think it will be pg-13 and it wont be an issue.
__________________
Want to see more of my custom figures?
http://plasticplayhouse.deviantart.com/
Plasticplayhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:45 PM   #52
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
I don't know anything about the rights, and who owns what, but if whoever's in charge can't see the toys these Marvel movies are moving, somebody needs to knock them on the head. #40differentironmans
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #53
Raphael Let It Go
Random Punk
 
Raphael Let It Go's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 30
It will probably be PG-13 but how cool would it be to have a R rated movie? I mean Leo has katanas for Christsake! It would be a bit more realistic if he chopped some bad guy with them. Sometimes it is nice to embrace the source material. TMNT is dark and violent so I think the medium of film or television should reflect that. Producers need to stop catering to children. Besides, the children from the golden era of the Turtles are almost well into their 30s.
Raphael Let It Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:53 PM   #54
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
you can still have Leo cut a Foot in a PG-13 movie, theres no need for Tarantino blood fountain do indicate a direct hit from a sword.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:02 AM   #55
Luzmagica
A Magic Light Dudette!
 
Luzmagica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
It needs to be PG-13. That's the sweet spot for action movies. 20 years ago, it might have been an issue for kids to see PG-13 movies, but these days, all the superhero movies are PG-13, and parents bring their six-year-olds to every single one of them. I'd be shocked if it were PG. I can't think of the last PG action movie.

Plus, adults and teenagers wouldn't take an action movie seriously if it were PG. That rating is reserved for Disney/Pixar films.
I think you got a goog point here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
... however that all 4 previous TMNT movies have been PG and Munroe even indicated directly that their deal with Playmates was such that it was contractually obligated to be PG...
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Interesting...I never knew playmates had to have the movie pg.
Same here! I never knew about that neither!

So.....I didnt vote because both opinions have a good point there!!
__________________
Luzmagica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:23 AM   #56
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
TMNT 2014 Movie Rating

Reeeeealy didn't wanna start another thread for this question but I didn't wanna butt in on anybody else's off topic. I was just wondering about the MPAA rating for this movie and any information that pertains to it.
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:53 AM   #57
joefsas
Stone Warrior
 
joefsas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dorset, uk
Posts: 690
Don't mean to sound like the usual 'use the search function' guy but i'm pretty sure there is already a topic on this
__________________
WANTED: S.H.FIGUARTS LEONARDO BANDANA TAIL PIECE!
joefsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:12 AM   #58
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist
 
Refractive Reflections's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,371
This thread has it here : http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=42696
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:11 PM   #59
OrokuYoshiFilms
Stone Warrior
 
OrokuYoshiFilms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: The Mutant Module
Posts: 908
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYX View Post
*Whoa...shell shock..* Hate to sound like a dork but I don't really know how they do it, but I think it's cool how you can just merge threads to save space on being repetitive unnecessarily....thanks whoever did that.

But yeah on the inside, I really want an R rated TMNT movie. Not so they can just go over the top with violence, but at least have the cushion to add a little more *ouch* to a few moves here and there...and more "human" if you will, reactions to whatever drama may unfold. I know that would totally leave the kids out who I feel would be most important (ethically and from a financial standpoint) as far as an audience goes as it's always been.

Movies like Ong-Bak and The Protector come to mind when I envision a good turtle movie (action/violence-wise). First of all, it was great just from watching the Muay Thai technique being shown in action like that. So, since the turtles are ninja, and practice ninjutsu, I would like to see that technique really shown in action. That along with the way the fx were like when Tony Jaa did some of his joint locks to really make you cringe.
OrokuYoshiFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.