The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Should the new movie be rated PG-13 or PG?
PG-13 49 96.08%
PG 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
What should the new movie be rated?

What do you think the new movie should be rated?
I think it should be PG-13. It would be the first PG-13 Turtles movie. I don't want this movie to be a cheesy kids movie. I felt the 2007 flick tried to take itself too seriously, but ended up being a simple kids movie. This new movie should be more mature, but fun at the same time.
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #2
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Pg-13. I mean, turtles target audience is kids, so it can't be R.
So it's definitely Pg-13.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
As a Michael Bay produced film, I'd be shocked if it wasn't PG-13.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
Davin
Stone Warrior
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: ...into the night
Posts: 899
PG-13, if nothing else, so the fight choreography can be more realistic/brutal. I'd love to see an R rated Mirage inspired move, but that ain't gonna happen.
Davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #5
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
It'll be PG-13 without a doubt, Given all the action scenes which I heard will be kind of like The Raid Redemption.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #6
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
As a Michael Bay produced film, I'd be shocked if it wasn't PG-13.
That's not saying anything, considering all of his production companies' films have been rated R.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #7
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
I vote PG-13, like one member said most of Bay's movies have been PG-13.
__________________
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #8
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphfan84 View Post
I vote PG-13, like one member said most of Bay's movies have been PG-13.
Uuuuuuuuugh. The movies he's DIRECTED have been PG-13. Platinum Dunes' movies have all been R.

Not to say that TMNT will be, but there's no precedent of PG-13 movies.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #9
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
You have a good point there, forgot that most Platinum Dune's were R rated.
__________________
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #10
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
That's not saying anything, considering all of his production companies' films have been rated R.
I stand corrected. Most of the movies he directed were PG-13. Took a look at his list of movies that he produced and wasn't aware of the majority of them. Thanks for pointing that out.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #11
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior
 
ctt4lfecw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Neutrino
Posts: 817
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
It'll be PG-13 without a doubt, Given all the action scenes which I heard will be kind of like The Raid Redemption.
I got that movie on dvd. If this is the case we're in for the best Turtles movie yet as far as combat goes.
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #12
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
It needs to be PG-13. That's the sweet spot for action movies. 20 years ago, it might have been an issue for kids to see PG-13 movies, but these days, all the superhero movies are PG-13, and parents bring their six-year-olds to every single one of them. I'd be shocked if it were PG. I can't think of the last PG action movie.

I figure PG could only happen if it were some Nickelodeon mandate. But I don't think they're dumb.

Plus, adults and teenagers wouldn't take an action movie seriously if it were PG. That rating is reserved for Disney/Pixar films.
__________________
PSN/Miiverse: MikeFarber
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #13
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
It needs to be PG-13. That's the sweet spot for action movies. 20 years ago, it might have been an issue for kids to see PG-13 movies, but these days, all the superhero movies are PG-13, and parents bring their six-year-olds to every single one of them. I'd be shocked if it were PG. I can't think of the last PG action movie.

I figure PG could only happen if it were some Nickelodeon mandate. But I don't think they're dumb.

Plus, adults and teenagers wouldn't take an action movie seriously if it were PG. That rating is reserved for Disney/Pixar films.
Couldn't have put it better myself. I want this one to be more gritty and intense. No Nick/kiddy b.s.
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #14
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
The movie has to be PG-13 if it shows any kind of mutation caused by the mutagen.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #15
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
I expect it to end up being PG-13.
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:55 PM   #16
turtletoons81
Foot Soldier
 
turtletoons81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: in the wonderful land of awesomeness
Posts: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnyt2u View Post
Couldn't have put it better myself. I want this one to be more gritty and intense. No Nick/kiddy b.s.
what's your problem with nick anyway ? just cause their kiddy doesn't mean it's a bad thing in the new show it has some dark moments than alot of cartoons that nick air now,also they don't seem to be involve with leibsman tmnt movie in anyway so be thankful they brought back tmnt in 2012 cause no company and i mean no company can advertise toy's and cartoons like nickelodeon...also i obviously think the movie will have a pg-13 rating.
__________________
COWABUNGA/BOOYAKASHA DUDES!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDCVP1Ls18A
this music is awesome by the man himself jake "virt" kaufman

Last edited by turtletoons81; 05-13-2013 at 09:04 PM.
turtletoons81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #17
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
I can't think of the last PG action movie.
Does TRON: Legacy count?
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:04 PM   #18
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtletoons81 View Post
what's your problem with nick anyway just cause their kiddy doesn't mean it's a bad thing in the new show it has some dark moments than alot of cartoons that nick air now,also they don't seem to be involve with leibsman tmnt movie in anyway so be thankful they brought back tmnt in 2012 cause no company and i mean no company can advertise toy's and cartoons like nickelodeon...also i obviously think the movie will have a pg-13 rating.
I'll just have a problem if Nick does take the kiddy route with the movie. The show is an entirely different thing (and I kind of like the show). but this is a new chance to go an ACTUAL darker route. I didnt like how the 2007 flick tried to be dark and wasnt (only the Leo & raph bit) It hasnt been done in the mainstream turtle stuff, just in the comics. So im HOPING nick doesnt have influence on the movie, other than their name in the credits. And yeah, Nick can expand the turtles franchise well.
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,397
The Bay production's history toward a PG-13 rating gives one hope... however that all 4 previous TMNT movies have been PG and Munroe even indicated directly that their deal with Playmates was such that it was contractually obligated to be PG... doesn't instill me with a great deal of confidence. But as I've said before, I would be willing to forgive a lot of crap in the movie if it somehow manages to deliver truly memorable "ninja action" as we have never been allowed to see in a Turtle movie before. That said, the apparent complete lack of any kind of martial arts weapons of the Foot Soldiers still makes me scratch my head in terms of what sort of fighting we're actually going to even be able to see... just a series of grappling moves, blocks, weapon removals and "quick takedowns"? Boring.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:09 PM   #20
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The Bay production's history toward a PG-13 rating gives one hope...
...no one f*cking reads anymore, do they?
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.