The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2014, 06:07 AM   #41
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Pretty good episode, but not great.

Probably would have liked it more if the villain was portrayed a little more seriously.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:11 AM   #42
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I wonder if Leo's been leading training sessions in Splinter's absence.
Not a huge fan of this episode I just didn't like how silly the concept was . a better origin for the ghost would have been " some wierd pink aliens turned me into a ghost "
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:22 AM   #43
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
Yeaahh....that was the worst Donnie Episode I've ever seen!

At least the last shot was cool...
Do you actually enjoy watching this show or not? Complaining about perfectly good episodes in this show is bizarre.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:32 AM   #44
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Pretty good episode, but not great.

Probably would have liked it more if the villain was portrayed a little more seriously.
It felt like was a pizzaface episode. Maybe this episode was suppose to show after the kairai episode but it was push back due to the movie.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 07:42 AM   #45
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
Enjoyable ep, though Nick.com's audio wouldn't work for me, so I had to watch Teenage Muted Ninja Turtles with captions. I definitely agree with Powder about it feeling like a 2k3 ep. It was a nice breather after all that went down with Karai. (Speaking of, it's nice that they're actively trying to search for her rather than just drop the plot until she resurfaces.) The nods to OT April's jumpsuit and the pizza thrower were fun and I also really enjoyed the amped-up battle with the mystic-powered turtle trio. Looking forward to more new eps in the coming weeks. (As well as experiencing the audio to THIS one when it airs on TV. XD)
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:03 AM   #46
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Ho Chan is voiced by James Hong.

Many probably remember him as the voice of Da Long Wong from Jackie Chan Adventures.

I think that's the fourth V.A. to come over from that show.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:06 AM   #47
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Do you actually enjoy watching this show or not? Complaining about perfectly good episodes in this show is bizarre.
I agree with him and I adore this show . This episode wasn't perfectly good for one , I hate the idea of having a ghost without it being related to the kraang it takes away from the generally realistic tone of the show ( i know its TMNT but it least this show explains why charecters have abilitys ) , 2 it was unnecessary filler they could have had bebop and rocksteadys mutation but no we get to see a silly ghost , The tension between casey and don was ridiculous it went to far like donnie prying casey and april apart . And how the hell is the ghost supposed to give powers it makes no sense .I was looking foward to an explaination to the character but i didn't get one .
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:58 AM   #48
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Thought that was a pretty good standalone episode. It was good to see the Purple Dragons in an episode again. Ho Chan was a decent new villain to add to the mix although I wish he would've had a more serious, less comedic role.

The Donnie/Casey stuff was pretty annoying but I'm so used to it that I won't let it ruin an episode for me.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:12 AM   #49
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Do you actually enjoy watching this show or not? Complaining about perfectly good episodes in this show is bizarre.
I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that this episode was scientifically proven to be 'perfectly good'. I see now that everything is taken objectively!

Also, I am sorry that I haven't gone to the TMNT National Committee to complete my official fan application form so I shouldn't be taken seriously as a fan of this series.

Yep, I've hated everything about this series as shown by the grand total of 3 negative reviews I've made for it!
__________________

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:24 AM   #50
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,793
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that this episode was scientifically proven to be 'perfectly good'. I see now that everything is taken objectively!

Also, I am sorry that I haven't gone to the TMNT National Committee to complete my official fan application form so I shouldn't be taken seriously as a fan of this series.

Yep, I've hated everything about this series as shown by the grand total of 3 negative reviews I've made for it!
It was intended to be a funny filler episode. Not sure why everything has to be plot changing.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #51
MiBs
Foot Soldier
 
MiBs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 212
Niiiiiice! Can't wait to watch it....
MiBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:30 AM   #52
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It was intended to be a funny filler episode. Not sure why everything has to be plot changing.
I didn't find it funny so....
__________________

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:41 AM   #53
Leofan26
Mad Scientist
 
Leofan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It was intended to be a funny filler episode. Not sure why everything has to be plot changing.
Oh, Cybs is forcing his opinion on every one again

I wish they'd drop the love triangle plot already, it doesn't make Donnie look good at all

This is one of my least favorite episodes of the season sadly. Though, I wasn't expecting much any ways with it being evolved around the love triangle and pretty much only that.
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 09:53 AM   #54
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
Oh, Cybs is forcing his opinion on every one again

I wish they'd drop the love triangle plot already, it doesn't make Donnie look good at all

This is one of my least favorite episodes of the season sadly. Though, I wasn't expecting much any ways with it being evolved around the love triangle and pretty much only that.
I swear to god this **** is getting old. It started devolving to a point it just two minutes of random angry noises following by "stop fighting guys!". At least April did something this episode.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:27 AM   #55
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
I wish you all would make up your minds. The love triangle stuff isn't really focused on much at all. Which would you rather have: a dragged out subplot or something to get it out of the way so that it doesn't interfere with the main plot? You can't have both. I'm all for the latter, personally.

That aside, I'll give my opinion on the ep as a whole when I can finally see it, but it sounds lighthearted and fun as well as funny (the goofy kind, which I've always liked). The calm (lighthearted, simplistic story) before the storm (lair invasion, Kraang invasion, Leo beat down....). Then again maybe it won't appeal to me much or maybe it will...although I've yet to see an ep I truly didn't like. I've liked something about every single ep I've seen.

Edit: Forgot to ask...was Donnie's lab shown, and if so, was frozen Mutagen Man still there?

Last edited by ssjup81; 09-06-2014 at 10:37 AM.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:44 AM   #56
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I wish you all would make up your minds. The love triangle stuff isn't really focused on much at all. Which would you rather have: a dragged out subplot or something to get it out of the way so that it doesn't interfere with the main plot? You can't have both. I'm all for the latter, personally.

That aside, I'll give my opinion on the ep as a whole when I can finally see it, but it sounds lighthearted and fun as well as funny (the goofy kind, which I've always liked). The calm (lighthearted, simplistic story) before the storm (lair invasion, Kraang invasion, Leo beat down....). Then again maybe it won't appeal to me much or maybe it will...although I've yet to see an ep I truly didn't like. I've liked something about every single ep I've seen.

Edit: Forgot to ask...was Donnie's lab shown, and if so, was frozen Mutagen Man still there?
I think people are getting irked about it because it's taking over plot/character development/brotherly bonding/skirmishes from the other Turtles. I dunno, but I'd like a better Mikey than the one we got, burping off into the moonlight. I watched it last night, and compared to the last 4 episodes, this one was deplorable. And what ever happened to the Raph and Casey, BFF? Lately, it's just Casey pining away over April, and wanting something bad to happen to Irma. I don't like this Casey at all!

Right now, I give this episode a meh. And, I hate to say it, but I am really starting to dislike Donatello, just due to the fact the 90% of the freaking show is revolving around him. I never had a dislike for any of the Turtles before. Good job Nick and this infactuation with Donnie! I sure hope this stuff stops by the time the Leo one shot comes.

What really kills me, is that in past incarnations, we have had so little Donnie and Raph teamed up episodes. With Casey now in the mix, I just can't believe they don't use that to incorporated more Donnie and Raph team ups. And in this particular show, Raph and April seemed to have the least of a friendship going. There really is no excuse.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:44 AM   #57
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
James Hong also played the villain in Big Trouble in Little China that this whole episode is based off

__________________

Last edited by xChri5x; 09-06-2014 at 10:57 AM.
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:46 AM   #58
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist
 
Metalwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post

Edit: Forgot to ask...was Donnie's lab shown, and if so, was frozen Mutagen Man still there?
They did show Donnie's lab, but it was mostly shots of the computer and Donnie and Casey looking over at it. I didn't see Mutagen Man.

I actually enjoyed this episode, it showed there could be a supernatural side to things and not just Kraang related. I bet that horror stuff is going to reappear one the Dream Beavers show. Also Steranko was paying those guys to steal the artifact, his greed is going to be getting him in trouble sooner or later...

Edit: One thing I also noticed- The 'mist' of April's powers never got returned to her. Maybe she's been depowered now?

Last edited by Metalwolf; 09-06-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #59
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
And, I hate to say it, but I am really starting to dislike Donatello, just due to the fact the 90% of the freaking show is revolving around him.
1. That's a complete lie and you know it is.
2. Like no Turtles show has EVER focused on one turtle before...

Just because your favorite turtle isn't focused as much as the others doesn't inherit you to speak fallacies over one that is.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 10:57 AM   #60
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Good episode. I wish the purple dragons kept the powers.


7/10
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.