The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2014, 07:00 PM   #41
Birdman37
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunstar_Red View Post
Kinda off topic, but was there an explanation in-universe on who picked their colors? Did Splinter assigned them a color (and that influenced their personalities as they got older) or did Splinter gave them options and they chose their favorite color?
IDK if you mean in any continuity or what but they did explain in the IDW comics. They started out all wearing red because Raph was missing and it was his favorite color (in their previous life) so the other turtles wore it in his honor. When Raph came back Splinter gave them all masks based on their favorite colors.
Birdman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:19 PM   #42
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 2,008
A few posters here on this thread helped me to understand why the Mirage TMNT had the red bandanas. I thank you. I just assumed that Mirage wanted to distance their versions of the Turtles from the Fred Wolf Turtles. In other words, I didnt know that Ralph went missing in the Mirage version.

As for the colored bandanas, I don't personally mind either one.
I read that Chinese monks in training would choose auspicious colors for their robes. While this insight may not apply to the Turtles, I do believe that personality does play a part.

Rather interesting to see the colors swapped at the last second on the Playmates toys and the Turtles wearing each other's colors.
__________________
Quote:
“In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two are a law firm, and three or more are a congress.”

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:04 PM   #43
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFell View Post
A few posters here on this thread helped me to understand why the Mirage TMNT had the red bandanas. I thank you. I just assumed that Mirage wanted to distance their versions of the Turtles from the Fred Wolf Turtles. In other words, I didnt know that Ralph went missing in the Mirage version.
Nah, Mirage created the turtles in all red, & it was the big business fellas catering to kids who made them color-coded to sell toys & help children distinguish one from another. Mirage maintained the original look because it's what they wanted, & it made things clear they were not the goofy cartoon characters. & Raph didn't go missing in the Mirage version, it's the IDW version.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #44
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan
 
DarkFell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: At the current moment, on your screen.
Posts: 2,008
My bad. I swapped the comic versions. Thanks for letting me know.
__________________
Quote:
“In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two are a law firm, and three or more are a congress.”

~ John Adams
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:31 AM   #45
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist
 
Panda_Kahn_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,715
The all red bandannas are all right, I just think it should just be for some function or purpose or symbolic meaning. My only pet peeve is the 'clan colors' argument is complete, total, and utter bunk.
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bandana changes


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.