The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2017, 02:58 PM   #41
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I might be missing the whole point of the joke, but wasn't that sorta the inciting incident of the Mutanimals mini? On the other end of the spectrum we have the Nick cartoon, where Pete went missing with barely an explanation offered and no follow-up whatsoever.
It was in the Nicktoon. Pete was not in the lineup in the season 3 finale and the only explanation was, "we don't talk about what happened to Pigeon Pete" and kept going.

I have to agree largely with what Spengler said. Well written!
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 04:33 PM   #42
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I might be missing the whole point of the joke, but wasn't that sorta the inciting incident of the Mutanimals mini? On the other end of the spectrum we have the Nick cartoon, where Pete went missing with barely an explanation offered and no follow-up whatsoever.
it's not so much about Pigeon Pete, but what i think Mark was saying in his review was that the routine of 'Characters (going missing/becoming estranged/near death) and needed to be (rescued/brought back/etc) is getting a bit overused.
__________________
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:20 PM   #43
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
it's not so much about Pigeon Pete, but what i think Mark was saying in his review was that the routine of 'Characters (going missing/becoming estranged/near death) and needed to be (rescued/brought back/etc) is getting a bit overused.
I got that, but what I pointed out is that while he's being ironic in the review and probably didn't make the Pete remark intentionally, the Mutanimals mini started out with that exact premise. I hope his remark was unintentional 'cause it's funnier that way: that particular scenario has already happened.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:45 PM   #44
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
"Oh no, Pigeon Pete has gone missing! Better start a story arc about getting him back!"

i have to admit, you really do have a point there.
Haha, Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog comics have been rehashing this theme for the last few years in the Sonic Universe line. Let's see... there was the time the Chaotix went to find Mighty & Ray... and the time the Chaotix went to find the missing princess from the underwater kingdom...
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:57 PM   #45
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Let's list the times it happened in this comic series.

Recently we had Harold used as bait against his will vs The Street Phantoms and Darius Dunn.

Raphael and Angel brought Alopex back.

TMNT and Old Hob break free the Mutanimals in the upcoming TMNT ongoing arc.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 06:11 PM   #46
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I got that, but what I pointed out is that while he's being ironic in the review and probably didn't make the Pete remark intentionally, the Mutanimals mini started out with that exact premise. I hope his remark was unintentional 'cause it's funnier that way: that particular scenario has already happened.
You're right, of course; I HAD forgotten that Pigeon Pete already took his turn being captured and rescued.

Okay, well, maybe... Kid Kennedy! Yeah, HE hasn't gotten estranged from the cast and forced a storyline requiring his reunion with the gang! Can't wait for that thrilling chapter.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 07:14 PM   #47
Mormegil
Thug
 
Mormegil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 87
That regular cover is really good. Both of the Sophie Campbell ones are good. But that regular one is awesome.
Mormegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 08:13 PM   #48
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
That regular cover is really good. Both of the Sophie Campbell ones are good. But that regular one is awesome.
You just made me realize how weird the Eastman cover is. I expected the story to cut to Leo in NYC at some point, but it never did. The Sub covers have been content-relevant for a long time now. And looking at solicits, it looks like they'll get back to it. Interesting.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:00 PM   #49
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior
 
TheJ-manTurtleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
I was looking forward to this issue and I really enjoyed it! If you interested in share my thoughts and what I took away from this issue on my YouTube channel!
https://youtu.be/rXdz26H_o3A
__________________
Hey Man! It's The J-Man!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 09:43 AM   #50
myconius
Abby Normal
 
myconius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Posts: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
You just made me realize how weird the Eastman cover is. I expected the story to cut to Leo in NYC at some point, but it never did. The Sub covers have been content-relevant for a long time now. And looking at solicits, it looks like they'll get back to it. Interesting.
you bring up a very good point about the Eastman cover and it following the narrative to the story.
yeah, so far they've almost mirrored the events to each issue almost exact with just a few times where we'd see regular Donatello opposed to Robo-Donnie.

after reading the issue i had taken the scene from this cover as having to do with Leonardo's training of the other Turtles in Astral Projection.

Spoiler:


...though maybe i'm just reading into it too much?

it's still an absolutely beautiful cover regardless.
__________________
myconius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 01:58 PM   #51
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
but in a way, i'm really glad not to see Leo in 'shipping' situation.
save that 'loverboy' routine for Raph.
In this regard, I'd further have preferred a Leo & Alopex as siblings-in-arms pairing just because you could KEEP it that way and let the fans suck it up that their shipping head canon doesn't happen.

Plus the inevitable fall out of each being a chosen pawn of opposite puppet masters.


Instead, we go all in and canonize the shipping. Meh.


I'll admit, there's the added selfishness that I feel Leo tends to get stuck in the back as mostly used for team stories while the others get development with allies and friends outside the family. Leo's always been a favorite... would like to see him get some time to stretch his legs outside of "lead the team."

Raph's linked to Casey, now Alopex, and through Alopex moreso with Angel now.

Don's linked closer with April and Harold.

Mikey's linked with the Mutanimals and Woody (surprised his police officer friend from his one shot hasn't come up again).

Leo? Splinter. The brothers. Temporary step out while leading the Foot under Splinter. The guy doesn't have friends. :/
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:02 PM   #52
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
I guess Jennika could be a contender as a friend for Leo?
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:16 PM   #53
Sophie Campbell
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Sophie Campbell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 498
I think a lot about the lack of Leo friends, too. On one hand, to me it's perfectly in-character for Leo not to have anyone, but on the other hand it starts to feel weird the more and more friends the other Turtles make.

Personally ever since Northampton I've wanted Leo and Koya to have a rocky friendship rivalry, and if I remember right originally Turtles in Time #1 was the "Leo issue" and he would've ended up with Pepperoni, not Raph! Poor guy.

I should pitch a TMNTU story where Leo meets a new friend...
Sophie Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:20 PM   #54
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
I think a lot about the lack of Leo friends, too. On one hand, to me it's perfectly in-character for Leo not to have anyone, but on the other hand it starts to feel weird the more and more friends the other Turtles make.

Personally ever since Northampton I've wanted Leo and Koya to have a rocky friendship rivalry, and if I remember right originally Turtles in Time #1 was the "Leo issue" and he would've ended up with Pepperoni, not Raph! Poor guy.

I should pitch a TMNTU story where Leo meets a new friend...
Please do! Or a Leo/Alopex story, or a Leo/Jennika story, or a Leo/new pal story, or a Leo leading a training run for the Foot story... something.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:26 PM   #55
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker
 
Utrommaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: what is going on..........
Posts: 5,318
Oh man, I would be totally down with Leonardo making friends with Koya (and maybe even Bludgeon. Maybe even Karai as per "tradition").
__________________
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 02:35 PM   #56
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
I think a lot about the lack of Leo friends, too. On one hand, to me it's perfectly in-character for Leo not to have anyone, but on the other hand it starts to feel weird the more and more friends the other Turtles make.

Personally ever since Northampton I've wanted Leo and Koya to have a rocky friendship rivalry, and if I remember right originally Turtles in Time #1 was the "Leo issue" and he would've ended up with Pepperoni, not Raph! Poor guy.

I should pitch a TMNTU story where Leo meets a new friend...
I would suggest Traximus.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 03:21 PM   #57
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post
I think a lot about the lack of Leo friends, too. On one hand, to me it's perfectly in-character for Leo not to have anyone, but on the other hand it starts to feel weird the more and more friends the other Turtles make.

Personally ever since Northampton I've wanted Leo and Koya to have a rocky friendship rivalry, and if I remember right originally Turtles in Time #1 was the "Leo issue" and he would've ended up with Pepperoni, not Raph! Poor guy.

I should pitch a TMNTU story where Leo meets a new friend...
Dare I suggest a certain samurai rabbit, should the rights issues for a crossover be worked out?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 04:34 PM   #58
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I would suggest Traximus.
I would be interested in seeing what would come from that.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:44 PM   #59
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie Campbell View Post

I should pitch a TMNTU story where Leo meets a new friend...
Write and pencil the Usagi crossover!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:09 PM   #60
ChosenOne
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 3,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Write and pencil the Usagi crossover!
Yes! At this point, it has to be either Sophie or Mateus if it ever happens. No one else will do.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.