The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2003, 06:35 PM   #41
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Well to be honnest, nothing got me "back" into the turtles, because 2003 is what got me into the turtles in the first place!
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 06:40 PM   #42
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
wow. So are you a newbie at it?
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 06:49 PM   #43
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
As a child I had no interest in The Turtles. I lived in a block of flats and my friends were crazy about the old show. The only episodes I saw was Leonardo is Missing, Adventures in Turtle-Sitting and Adventures of Rhino-Man. Though I have recently rented A Thing About Rats and Hot Rodding Teenagers From Dimension X. Months ago I woke up to find Things Change on the TV, at first I thought it was the old series, but I remembered the animation looked different. After that I was hooked on TMNT.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 08:05 PM   #44
Usagi'sChick
Foot Soldier
 
Usagi'sChick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ny
Posts: 137
TMNT

Just about 2 years ago, going through some old comics, I came across a Usagi Yojimbo trade I had layin around. I said "this isnt really all that bad" and one long night on the internet looking stuff up on our fav rabbit, I decided to look up TMNT news as well.
This was when rumors were beginning to grow about the CGI film. I came across fan sites and joined the TMNT news group, so I would make sure I wouldnt miss any "return of the turtles!"

I helped mass e-mail petitions to get the turtles on the air, and behold, 5-6 months later, ninjaturtles.com announced fox box picked up the licencing! Maybe we had something to do with it? Maybe its just a fluke? Either way, i'm glad their back, and rockin!
__________________
"I bet he never has to look for a can opener!"
Usagi'sChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 10:37 PM   #45
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
Stone Warrior
 
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 835
I can't ever remember a time when I didn't like the Ninja Turtles; namely, the old cartoon. I would get up bright and early every morning to record it on cassette tapes with my Fisher Price recorder. I can still recall when it was 1) on the FOX network; and 2) on the USA network. CBS carried all the new episodes for a one-hour block on Saturday mornings, which I remember thinking were very special since I almost always had to miss them due to piano lessons.

Not that I am dissing piano. It's just that my sister and I only had lessons once a week, and what time did our teacher schedule us? 9:00 AM every Saturday, the exact time the new episodes of the old cartoon were on. If I was lucky, we'd get out of lessons a few minutes early, rush home, and catch maybe the last 30 seconds of the newest episode.

But anyway. Got a little off the subject there . . .

I never really lost interest in the Turtles. They've always been with me, and no matter what happens, they'll always be with me. But there was a period of, perhaps, a year or so (pretty much the entire 1993 season now that I look back on it) when the Turtles were absent from my life. No reason why, to be honest; they just kind of disappeared for a while.

But then one Saturday morning (when the show was bumped up an hour to 10:00 AM) I caught one of the episodes from the 1994 season and was hooked again. I remember how startled I was, thinking, "Is this the Ninja Turtles cartoon?" April looked totally different, she was driving a sleek red car, the sky was constantly dark . . .

And the rest, as they say, is history. I continued to watch through the Star Trek-like Season 9, and the Welcome Back to Earth-like Season 10. And then I bought up as many of the Family Home Entertainment videos that were produced during the show's run as I could and relived my favorite cartoon all over again.

Now my only gripe is the whole DVD thing. I know, I know; we've beaten that horse to death so many times there's nothing left. But seriously. Would it kill Artisan to give the fans what they really want?

TMNT 2003 gets a DVD release less than a year after it debuts.

TMNT 1987-1996? Yeah, you get my point.

The bread in my toaster has long since grown stale.

"Be careful what you wish for, my student. You just might get it." - Splinter, from "Shredderville"
Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 10:41 PM   #46
One Radical Dude
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Central/SW AR, USA
Posts: 495
The answer is rather short. Basically, I ran into this website, called The Technodrome. Then, I decided to join the website's message board. BOOM, TMNT fever is back, dudes and dudettes!!!

Then, I hear about the new cartoon. Need I say more?
__________________
One Radical Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2003, 11:13 PM   #47
Space Tanuki 9
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Hampshell
Posts: 47
Almost as long as I can remember, I have loved the TMNT. Perhaps it was fated so that we were born in the same state in the same year (well... I was born about six months after the comic book came out ). I watched them at first because my best friend at the time Nick watched them... and then WHAM! I was struck with nunchucks upside the head. To quote said turtle: "I"m in looooooooove!" I didn't even LIKE pizza until I got into the turtles (and now I can't get out of it. I looooove pizza!)
When I was younger, all I had were two Michaelangelo figures for my turtle craze, my parents trying to encourage me to play with My Little Ponies (worked, moderately) or Barbies (which I ruined three microwaves with).
Even when I was in second grade (1992-93), I was absalutely convinced the TMNT were real. After all, they had a music thing out from Pizza Hut and they were in movies, right? Right.
Then for a while, it was dormant. My brother gave away my Michaelangelos in exchange for some WWF figures.
Then, sometime in the last three years, we discovered, in a box of old movies that we no longer watched thanks to cable TV... a video tape.
With turtles on it.
That being TMNT: The Movie.
So we watched it... and I realized what a dufus I was for not liking the turtles for so long. I MISSED them. Suddenly I wrote fan fictions about them. They took up that place that was left when I stopped watching Gargoyles and Gundam Wing. I looked up the TMNT online... and came across a website. Not this one, yet, but it was interesting. a TMNT Role-Playing game. I applied, and joined using a version of my fan-fiction character, the Ali Kat. Soon it moved on to other such creatures as the mutant jackal Nefersitanubis, the whiney teenage mutant ninja spitz Kameko, and the evil juggling panda Ting Ting.
And now... my older sister says my room looks like a 10-year-old boy's from 1989, with all the TMNT stuff I have. I have figures like the Wolfman Leonardo hanging from my rafters while the new figures are tacked to my wall with their various instruments of travel. I have comic books and fan art and pictures off the net with TMNT in it, shirts... and with the new cartoon, it gives me a reason to get up on Saturday mornings again (which I hadn't done since Sonic the Hedgehog went off the air on ABC). Then, a friend on the TMNT MUSH introduced me to the wonderful world of the Technadrome.

When it comes to TMNT, you dive in and you never, EVER look back.

God, I love being a Turtle Fan.
__________________
"Ohaiyo Wasabi!"
"Hullo MUSTARD?"
Space Tanuki 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2003, 02:00 AM   #48
milweskee
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Posts: 184
I held onto the Turtles and Ghostbusters until '92. I was 8 or 9 at the time. I got back into the TMNT when I noticed Mirage's TMNT Vol. 4 comic books. I was 4 months late for the first issue and it was completely sold out. I went to a really cool collector's store here in Milwaukee and found the second issue in Vol. 4 for $5. Then, underneath glass, I found an old TMNT issue spin-off of Raphael. It's magazine sized and sign by Eastman. I got that for $10.

I was going to sell it on ebay since the TMNT merchandise was beginning to become hot items. I decided against it after I watched the movie and realized how great the TMNT were and how much I loved them. While the TMNT hype escalated, somebody was already making plans for a new cartoon. I found out all I could about the new cartoon. After the first episode I watched an old episode [...] Now I'm absolutely obsessed. I have opened and un-opened versions of every new toy. This new cartoon kills all others, now I have to rest so I can see the conclusion to "Turtles in Space" this morning.

[Edit: Bashing of the old cartoon is not allowed. See the Forum Rules. --Krang]
milweskee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 04:12 PM   #49
Brinatello
Hench Mutant
 
Brinatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 446
I never stopped liking the Turtles either, just briefly stepped into other interests between 1994 and 1997. The thing that kept me interested in that period was the Archie comics, and I read and gathered every single issue without stopping! I became a stronger, more dedicated fan after hearing about Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation and watching that series. I know a lot of people on here don't like that show, but without it, I probably wouldn't be where I am today.
Brinatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 04:20 PM   #50
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
cowabunga girl you said it!!
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 08:13 PM   #51
Roseangelo
Emperor
 
Roseangelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
Never left 'em, never will.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 08:17 PM   #52
Demonfox38
Stone Warrior
 
Demonfox38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 531
I guess I never really left TMNT, per say. I just moved onto interests.

I suppose what got me back into TMNT was when I found out there was a new cartoon. I faintly remembered watching the old cartoon, and both me and my b/f were crazy when we heard there was a new one. Now I tape them, and he comes over to watch the new episode every week.
Demonfox38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 02:45 PM   #53
verminator_x
Hench Mutant
 
verminator_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: oslo-norway
Posts: 457
wow i think i got back to tmnt when my class was going to write about things or toys you got when you were little.

and then i just start writing on about all the tmnt toys and comics ive got back then when i was a little one.
and i seached on the internet about turtles and then i found the official internet site and i have never see it before and i found it very interesting and i just couldent get my eyes away from that site.

and after a couple of days i saw that turtles is back with another attack.

__________________
Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Now theres a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.
Shine on you crazy diamond.


verminator_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 02:51 PM   #54
PizzaPower
Foot Elite
 
PizzaPower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Pizza Parlor
Posts: 3,200
Cool dudes and Dudtetes!!
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 02:55 PM   #55
Combat Cold Cuts
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow
Posts: 40
I ATE A PIZZA

i ate a pizza. and i was like whoa this is like the TMNT. 'member dem?
and then i had nothing to draw a picture of and i was like damn man this is cool so i went on to this and the offical website and i was like this is sick and thats how i got back into dem.
__________________
Werd Up G
Combat Cold Cuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2003, 04:24 PM   #56
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
I got back into them when I heard of the new show and the new figures.
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 03:48 PM   #57
Turtle Titan
Random Punk
 
Turtle Titan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 46
the way I got back into turtles was when I was babysitting these little kids. some how we got to the topic of pet turtles and I said something about the TMNT... they had no clue who the turtles were. so I started looking stuff up and it went from there.
__________________


the strut walk
Turtle Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 05:03 PM   #58
Jarrah White
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Titan
the way I got back into turtles was when I was babysitting these little kids. some how we got to the topic of pet turtles and I said something about the TMNT... they had no clue who the turtles were. so I started looking stuff up and it went from there.
That'd be right, most Classic Turtle fans are now 20 years old.
Jarrah White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 05:19 PM   #59
cqb101
Cinephile
 
cqb101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Salem, MA
Posts: 8,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrah White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Titan
the way I got back into turtles was when I was babysitting these little kids. some how we got to the topic of pet turtles and I said something about the TMNT... they had no clue who the turtles were. so I started looking stuff up and it went from there.
That'd be right, most Classic Turtle fans are now 20 years old.
Then I guess I'm not one of the most.......
__________________
cqb101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 06:55 PM   #60
jeff the cheff
Mad Scientist
 
jeff the cheff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 122 and an eighth
Posts: 2,129
Almost everyone that was 10 or under during the tmnt run are now fans.
jeff the cheff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.